Copyrighted song approval

So i found one song that i really liked in 'Chill Nation' and asked the creator of the song on his Facebook page for permission to use it. He said i can use the song, but he isnt so popular and he only got that song.... my question is can he later claim my videos as his own or delete them because i used his song, even with his approval on Facebook? 

Like does his ''You can use it'' over facebook message consider as a prove i can use to show later one if issues appear? 

Project Redline: 

♦CPU: i7-5820k  ♦CPU Cooler: Kraken x61 ♦Mobo: MSI X99A SLI ♦RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4x4GB 3200mhz ♦GPU: Evga 980Ti Hybrid ♦Case: NZXT H440 ♦SSD: Samsung 850EVO 500GB ♦HDD: WD BLUE 1TB 7200rpm ♦Display: 1280 x 1024

Idk if it does but tbh he prob wont, A: most people arent like that and B: it gives him another platform for people to hear about his music since hes not very popular.

Yeah I don't think he'll go back on what he said but make sure to give him credit.

I edit my posts a lot.

Just now, MrDrWho13 said:

Yeah I don't think he'll go back on what he said but make sure to give him credit.

Yeah i will, but to be completely safe what exactly he has to do other than facebook message with 'Yes you can use it' 

Project Redline: 

♦CPU: i7-5820k  ♦CPU Cooler: Kraken x61 ♦Mobo: MSI X99A SLI ♦RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4x4GB 3200mhz ♦GPU: Evga 980Ti Hybrid ♦Case: NZXT H440 ♦SSD: Samsung 850EVO 500GB ♦HDD: WD BLUE 1TB 7200rpm ♦Display: 1280 x 1024

1 minute ago, Redjo said:

Yeah i will, but to be completely safe what exactly he has to do other than facebook message with 'Yes you can use it' 

I'm no legal expert, but I've used people's music before and they seem happy if you credit them and say what you're making. If you want to be fully covered then you'll have to speak to a lawyer.

I edit my posts a lot.

Just now, MrDrWho13 said:

I'm no legal expert, but I've used people's music before and they seem happy if you credit them and say what you're making. If you want to be fully covered then you'll have to speak to a lawyer.

I was thinking about asking him to write something like 'proffesional approval' to my email or somwhere 

Project Redline: 

What video? YouTube? 

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

What video? YouTube? 

Yes i will use the first 8-10seconds of this song for intro in all of my videos. 

Project Redline: 

Just now, Redjo said:

Yes i will use the first 8-10seconds of this song for intro in all of my videos. 

I had 2 copyright strikes on my YT chabnel before (you get your channel terminated at 3). One from putting a video with Owl City way too early. Second was uhm putting his live concert up. Both video got blocked worldwide so I removed it shortly after. Another video on another channel got up to 100k views and gets blocked later. 

But for majority case if the music is old YouTube will just gives you a warning, it might not be viewable on mobile device. Worst that they'll block it in Germany lol. 

4 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

I had 2 copyright strikes on my YT chabnel before (you get your channel terminated at 3). One from putting a video with Owl City way too early. Second was uhm putting his live concert up. Both video got blocked worldwide so I removed it shortly after. Another video on another channel got up to 100k views and gets blocked later. 

But for majority case if the music is old YouTube will just gives you a warning, it might not be viewable on mobile device. Worst that they'll block it in Germany lol. 

What about exatcly this music? My case is different than yours i guess.

I asked the creator in Facebook and he said i can use it. [Even if its only over facebook message, dunno if this counts for good prove later if he decides to play me] 

Project Redline: 

1 minute ago, Redjo said:

What about exatcly this music? My case is different than yours i guess.

Owl City is really popular. I guess you will be fine. There is an option to submit a claim dispute and say you have a written permission. YT are quite easy on that. 

6 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Owl City is really popular. I guess you will be fine. There is an option to submit a claim dispute and say you have a written permission. YT are quite easy on that. 

Yeah i also think i will be fine, but im trying to secure myself just in case something happens. Will YT consider our facebook chat as prove of permission? 

The creator has only 500likes on his facebook page. I will record video tommorow and show everything that needs to be shown so i can have video prove later one if something happens and if he for example decides to delete his FB page and try to act like he never gave me permission.

Project Redline: 

4 minutes ago, Redjo said:

Yeah i also think i will be fine, but im trying to secure myself just in case something happens. Will YT consider our facebook chat as prove of permission? 

The creator has only 500likes on his facebook page. I will record video tommorow and show everything that needs to be shown so i can have video prove later one if something happens and if he for example decides to delete his FB page and try to act like he never gave me permission.

I have no idea. Try look up how people got written permission and stuff

Since you're only using around 10 seconds of audio it's unlikely to get caught by the content ID system if the guy ever decides to force copyright on his music since that requires about 30 seconds of footage to make a match, but this won't stop chancers from making a false copyright claim (you'll even get these scum trying their luck with content from the youtube audio library when other youtubers use them in their videos) although regardless you'll have evidence of permission and since you're only using a small amount of the song you can claim fair use (regardless you should always give credit either at the end of a video or in the description for any material like that you have used).

8 hours ago, MrDrWho13 said:

He probably won't but if he has any kind of record label with him, even a fairly tiny one, chances are they have already entered the song to youtube to be automatically claimed and such. Sadly OP I think you'd need to clarify with him and ask him if you need to clear it with his label or anything like that because good chances are you do have to.

-------

Current Rig

-------