Can someone tell me how to download linux?

I also would like to know how easily I can change operating systems. I just want to use Linux until I can get windows 10. I am just booting my PC for the first time. And it wants me to enter boot device. Any help is appreciated

1 minute ago, RPGfan7 said:

I also would like to know how easily I can change operating systems. I just want to use Linux until I can get windows 10. I am just booting my PC for the first time. And it wants me to enter boot device. Any help is appreciated

What have you done so far?

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

What have you done so far?

I have not done anything download wise. I just boot tested my pc to make sure it started up. Now the next step I think is to download an OS. The screens says

boot and select proper boot device

insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key_ 

just use the unlicensed windows 10 until you buy a product key, you can do everything except there is a watermark in the corner

linus sex tips

You can't install 'Linux', you have to install a specific distribution, which is actually the operating system. So you have to download something like Ubuntu, or Linux Mint or OpenSuse, etc. These are actual operating systems based on the Linux basis.

Anyways, you can download these distributions (for free) on their respective websites, they have detailed tutorials on how to install them too.

Also, you can install Windows 10 for free on your PC. I heard from some it will deactivate in 30 days and from others I have heard it will work forever, but just without customization (like a different wallpaper). 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, wii8cookies said:

just use the unlicensed windows 10 until you buy a product key, you can do everything except there is a watermark in the corner

how do I do this. If you could send a link that would be great!

If you really want Linux, put it on a usb and go through setup and leave some unallocated. I use Ubuntu with Windows right now. 

this should help

I have not done anything download wise. I just boot tested my pc to make sure it started up. Now the next step I think is to download an OS. The screens says

linus sex tips

2 minutes ago, RPGfan7 said:

Ok you need a seperate computer to download Linux. I recommend Ubuntu as it's popular and have a good support

https://www.ubuntu.com/desktop

Download the iso file

Then use RuFus to make a bootable media to your USB flash drive

https://rufus.akeo.ie/

Check this too https://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/create-a-usb-stick-on-windows

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/FromUSBStick

Once done just restart and you should see Ubuntu installation screen (plug USB stick), if not select boot order in BIOS to USB

But I would highly suggest install Windows first as Ubuntu can mess up boot order of your computer

Just now, wii8cookies said:

this should help

Thanks!

Just now, Minibois said:

You can't install 'Linux', you have to install a specific distribution, which is actually the operating system. So you have to download something like Ubuntu, or Linux Mint or OpenSuse, etc. These are actual operating systems based on the Linux basis.

Anyways, you can download these distributions (for free) on their respective websites, they have detailed tutorials on how to install them too.

Also, you can install Windows 10 for free on your PC. I heard from some it will deactivate in 30 days and from others I have heard it will work forever, but just without customization (like a different wallpaper). 

There is a way to circumvent it, right click a photo, and click "Set as destop background", you had to be a hacker to bypass that:P...

Just now, Factory OC said:

There is a way to circumvent it, right click a photo, and click "Set as destop background", you had to be a hacker to bypass that:P...

It will revert to default later

Lol, thanks guys! I am just going to watch the video provided. And if I can use a windows watermark thing that would be great! At least until i can buy windows 10.

5 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Oh, I didn't know. I use a legitimate version of Windows...

Capture.PNG

40 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

idk, but it will last forever with the watermark, but i do recommend buying a key eventualy

linus sex tips

13 minutes ago, wii8cookies said:

idk, but it will last forever with the watermark, but i do recommend buying a key eventualy

So I put in my graphics card and plugged it in now the bios menu won't come up. There is nothing coming on the screen. All the fans are going and motherboard is lit up. I can't figure out the problem!

Just now, RPGfan7 said:

So I put in my graphics card and plugged it in now the bios menu won't come up. There is nothing coming on the screen. All the fans are going and motherboard is lit up. I can't figure out the problem!

as you boot spam press delete or f12 or whatever your mobo manual says to press

linus sex tips

1 minute ago, wii8cookies said:

Okay, I guess I didn't spam it enough lol! Thanks.

26 minutes ago, RPGfan7 said:

Okay, I guess I didn't spam it enough lol! Thanks.

Esc and F5 are also sometimes the magic key. If windows is working, turn off fast boot in the windows power settings.

1 minute ago, noahdvs said:

Esc and F5 are also sometimes the magic key. If windows is working, turn off fast boot in the windows power settings.

I figured it all out thanks for the information!

1 hour ago, wii8cookies said:

Now when I try to download windows install tool, it tells me it can't find my flash. I tried 2 by the way, and I can see they are both later than 4gb, and are both connected to the computer. What freaking gives!?! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Use a different USB port?

Now when I try to download windows install tool, it tells me it can't find my flash. I tried 2 by the way, and I can see they are both later than 4gb, and are both connected to the computer. What freaking gives!?! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

make sure it's an empty flash drive, this will completely reformat the flash drive

linus sex tips

Just now, wii8cookies said:

make sure it's an empty flash drive, this will completely reformat the flash drive

Yeah I completely erased everything on it already.

5 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Use a different USB port?

It's even showing it's connected tried all 3 USB ports. 

image.jpg