recent W10 patch, March15, shows some improvements for Ryzen

zMeul
58 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

For those commenting on how AMD isn't on an upward trend.

9 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

To be fair you are comparing a 3 month chart and a 5 year chart. If we look at Intel over 5 years they have an upwards trend as well

Come on noobs, you can do better! :P 

Spoiler

nasdaq.png

(both in the same graph, plus a market reference, otherwise we could just be discussing aggregate trends ;))

7 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

If you set it to a year Intel has a down tred and AMD has and up trend but look at it for a longer period and they're both about the same while nvidia is light years above them xD

I doubt such a deviation is solely due to GTX. I bet AI-related projects they participate in are behind it...

Spoiler

nasdaq2.png

8 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Come on noobs, you can do better! :P 

(both in the same graph, plus a market reference, otherwise we could just be discussing aggregate trends ;))

I do a lot of stock trading so I understand. I'm on phone though so it's a little hard to show current market trend comparisons lol.

Heck we might as well throw IBM in there as well since over the past year they have had an uptrend.image.jpg

7 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I doubt such a deviation is solely due to GTX. I bet AI-related projects they participate in are behind it...

Reveal hidden contents

nasdaq2.png

Look that those nvidia gains m8

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

2 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

I do a lot of stock trading so I understand. I'm on phone though so it's a little hard to show current market trend comparisons lol.

Just kidding ;) 

I do hope the graph helps put things in perspective: AMD took a hit after Bulldozer, and then nothing really changed much in the indsutry until 2016. Since last year, AMD made a comeback, while Nvidia suddenly detached from the lot.

4 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Just kidding ;) 

I do hope the graph helps put things in perspective: AMD took a hit after Bulldozer, and then nothing really changed much in the indsutry until 2016. Since last year, AMD made a comeback, while Nvidia suddenly detached from the lot.

Oh they do I already knew about trend with them since most of my investments are with the computing industry. I am glad I have some stock in NVidia. I honestly forgot about it so I haven't checked on it. Uh oh... I'm going to labelled as a shill now..

1 minute ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Oh they do I already knew about trend with them since most of my investments are with the computing industry. I am glad I have some stock in NVidia. I honestly forgot about it so I haven't checked on it. Uh oh... I'm going to labelled as shill now..

Still better than fanboy - at least you would be bending truths out of financial self-interest in that case :P 

12 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

Look that those nvidia gains m8

They have been making significant investments in driving ai and similar projects over the last year or so, I expect quite a lot of that increase has something to do with that.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

9 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Oh they do I already knew about trend with them since most of my investments are with the computing industry. I am glad I have some stock in NVidia. I honestly forgot about it so I haven't checked on it. Uh oh... I'm going to labelled as a shill now..

7 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Still better than fanboy - at least you would be bending truths out of financial self-interest in that case :P 

If only there was a way for me to buy some intel,amd and nvidia stock from where I'm at q.q

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

28 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Are you kidding? What kind of human would I be if I didn't shout nonsense at the top off my lungs so I could try to force my false rhetoric down your throat? I mean why would a sacrifice my pride for truth? pfft.

10 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

If only there was a way for me to buy some intel,amd and nvidia stock from where I'm at q.q

Get a hold of a stock broker and they can advise you on the laws within your country for out of country investments.

1 minute ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Get a hold of a stock broker and they can advise you on the laws within your country for out of country investments.

Maybe I should but laziness and my free time is basically saturdays and sundays :/

59 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Reveal hidden contents

nasdaq2.png

Love the long term stuff. Although in the last 52 weeks this is the current change.

That AMD gain of 431% in 52 weeks is nice, and so is NVIDIA's 222%.

Both are woefully overvalued at the moment though; but don't let that stop you invested into them, and their long term tech. 

Intel has been a tad stagnant, even compared to IBM.

All AMD needs really is to get their EPS in the positive region. Hopefully all this years products allows them to do that. They've also been added the S&P 500 again on Monday; so that's at least another positive for them.

910337be29be448ca1347c67ef3d2a83.png

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

On 3/21/2017 at 7:46 AM, MageTank said:

You must be getting real tired of reading, because nowhere in any of the posts I made did I say that they don't "use more cores" because they are lazy or rushed. You completely ignored my point, and went off on an unrelated tangent. My point was, closing the ecosystem down to a single CPU and GPU manufacturer won't matter if the developers remain lazy and rushed. We won't see an improvement in CPU/GPU utilization if studio executives keep sticking their noses into the development process and setting unrealistic goals.

I understand very little about programming, but I do know of Amdahl's law. You will not find me pretending that all things can be threaded easily, because I know that's not the case. I also only stated DX12 was "the savior of gaming" because literally every blog/news outlet labeled it as such. 

http://bgr.com/2014/04/07/xbox-one-directx-12-update/

http://hexus.net/gaming/news/pc/78449-directx-12-benchmark-slides-imply-significant-frame-rate-boost/

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/intel-benchmarks-directx-12-looks-faster-efficient-dx11/

Now, I have to know if you've even read a single post of mine in this thread, because I've certainly never said Intel keeps AMD alive to avoid a monopoly. In fact, I've never even used the word "monopoly" in this thread. I am going to have to ask you to stop twisting the context of my words to fit whatever narrative you are trying to paint. It's not going to end the way you think it will. 

On 3/20/2017 at 8:26 PM, MageTank said:

That was not my point. My point was, people heralded DX12 as the savior of gaming, giving developers even more access to hardware, and potentially bringing slower CPU's to life again. Instead, we got the exact same lazily programmed titles that flubbed the resources of games, performing worse for some  and barely performing the same/slightly better in others. I have yet to see a DX12 title that showed an abundant performance improvement over DX11. If someone knows of a title, I'd appreciate it.

It does not matter what you do. You can unify the entire platform, make it one CPU architecture, one GPU architecture, switch everything into a proprietary closed system, and you will still end up with rushed, incomplete products because developers are either lazy, overworked/rushed, or lack the budget to meet their goals. 

Oh, and let's humor that dream world of yours. You understand with only one GPU Company (Nvidia), you end up with your hardware being made obsolete on a yearly basis, right? We now see the GTX 960 beating a GTX 780. A card that was barely faster than the GTX 760 at launch, barely matched the 770 during it's lifespan, all of a sudden beating the 780 now? Yeah, that's not a world I want to live in. 

You are asking for a stagnant hardware market and anti-consumer prices, to make it easier on programmers that will NEVER have it easy due to the burden of their studio executives. Surely I am not the only one that thinks this sounds silly, right?

What I bolded is what you said. More cores is exactly part of the "Flubbed resources" line. You said that we got the same lazily programmed titles. My argument about that is not that they are lazy but that this is an extremely complicated job that even someone with years of experience could still fuck up. Doom is one of the best optimized games ever but is still CPU limited by around 4 threads but does a damn good job of getting around the limit of draw calls per second. Now the second part of that wasn't aimed at you and should have been it's own separate paragraph. 

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

12 minutes ago, Hunter259 said:

What I bolded is what you said. More cores is exactly part of the "Flubbed resources" line. You said that we got the same lazily programmed titles. My argument about that is not that they are lazy but that this is an extremely complicated job that even someone with years of experience could still fuck up. Doom is one of the best optimized games ever but is still CPU limited by around 4 threads but does a damn good job of getting around the limit of draw calls per second. Now the second part of that wasn't aimed at you and should have been it's own separate paragraph. 

You are putting words in my mouth. Nowhere did I bring up cores, nor was I implying cores. Resources can be anything. The context of DX12 implies CPU overhead reduction in terms of draw calls. You know, the reason DX12/Vulkan were advertised as a big deal? The big appeal of DX12 was that it was supposed to make CPU performance matter less, and that it would bring older CPU's back to life in the sense that more of your GPU could be used, since the software itself had close-to-metal access.

The audacity for you to tell me what I meant is astounding. Refrain from doing that in the future. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Where do you even download that Fritz Chess Benchmark from? I checked a couple of places but all of the links to it seem to be dead...

amd ryzen with faster memory and the new windows update

tvtkbtb.jpg

source