recent W10 patch, March15, shows some improvements for Ryzen

zMeul
2 hours ago, Humbug said:

lol wtf

35% from an OS patch?

why didn't AMD sort this scheduler stuff out with Microsoft before launch? Day zero reviews count.

AMD's marketing department: 

2251155626_63d7c82709_m.jpg

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, zMeul said:

a Italian site

Discrimination?

2 minutes ago, zMeul said:

what!? O.o

really hope to see some good improvement, Microsoft really needs to get windows sorted out. 

for the improvement to be so big, maybe windows in putting the threads with the most cross talk in the same ccx as that by it self should help a lot 

2 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

But Gaben, Valve and shit CS GO bug will never be fixed

What are you on about ? 

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

1 minute ago, cj09beira said:

for the improvement to be so big, maybe windows in putting the threads with the most cross talk in the same ccx as that by it self should help a lot 

that's why testing needs to be done

Just now, zMeul said:

that's why testing needs to be done

agreed 

edit:it will not be easy though 

That's a pretty big difference.

When are we expected to see new gaming benchmarks around 2-4 weeks at most?  I'm still contemplating on getting the R1400 so... more the merrier for free performance improvements 

"Ryzen is doing really well in 1440p and 4K gaming when the applications are more graphics bound" - Dr. Lisa Su, 2017

For a second I though it was new Unreal Tournament 4 though.

But yeah that's surprising enough.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Isn't this site known for being AMD biased? I would wait for other sources

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

34 minutes ago, MakeAMDGreatAgain said:

That's a pretty big difference.

When are we expected to see new gaming benchmarks around 2-4 weeks at most?  I'm still contemplating on getting the R1400 so... more the merrier for free performance improvements 

I suspect we won't see entirely new redone benches until Ryzen 5 is out. Hopefully by then the motherboard issues are also fixed.

Which should hopefully mean the 1400-1600X have a smooth launch.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

4 hours ago, Humbug said:

lol wtf

35% from an OS patch?

why didn't AMD sort this scheduler stuff out with Microsoft before launch? Day zero reviews count.

Because AMD hasnt understood what matters is execution. Their relentless push for overhyping their products is their downfall. Ryzen is a failure, not because of the core performance, but because it is an incomplete product, platform and concept.

2 minutes ago, Prysin said:

Because AMD hasnt understood what matters is execution. Their relentless push for overhyping their products is their downfall. Ryzen is a failure, not because of the core performance, but because it is an incomplete product, platform and concept.

Sorry, can you please expand on how you came to the conclusion that Ryzen is a failure? 

3 minutes ago, Prysin said:

At this point I have to agree: it's almost a complete repeat of Excavator. I'd say we'll reflect back in 5 years at this but I don't think they'll survive that long unless something radically changes.

-------

Current Rig

-------

4 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

?? Apart from 64 tick servers being horrible, fps wise, I have nothing against CSGO...

You can't fix those damn Russians. RIP the last part of my innocent brain. :P

I really dont think we'll see 35% improvement. 

All for more, but that sounds better then true. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

5 minutes ago, Nup said:

I really dont think we'll see 35% improvement. 

All for more, but that sounds better then true. 

HI

OT: I agree, but if we get 35% improvement with RYZEN why not ? the faster the better.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

5 hours ago, Humbug said:

lol wtf

35% from an OS patch?

Remember how Microsoft delayed the February patch?

10 minutes ago, cesrai said:

HI

OT: I agree, but if we get 35% improvement with RYZEN why not ? the faster the better.

OHAI, good seeing you posting again.

im tired :P but yeah reminds me of this thread, are they fixing something the community hasnt spotted? 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Yeah, I have an 1800x.  I haven't updated Windows since March 4th. So I decided to test this.

I had to tweak the settings to not get a GPU bottleneck (waiting for 1080ti), but here's what I got.  I had MSI Afterburner opened and noticed no difference on which random single core would ping in the high 90% mark, odd or even it didn't matter.

All cores were used. SMT wasn't ignored.

Untitled-1.jpg

1 hour ago, Prysin said:

I wouldn't say Ryzen is a failure, definitely since it excels bigly in workstation tasks. But for gaming you could argue it, but we'll see from the R5 for budget gaming. I think the R5's will be perfect for the budget gamer tbh.

For example the 1400 for only 169.. that's insane and I want to upgrade from my fx 6300 bad

"Ryzen is doing really well in 1440p and 4K gaming when the applications are more graphics bound" - Dr. Lisa Su, 2017

6 hours ago, zMeul said:

source:

although not particularly stated by MicroSoft, one of the March 15th updates to Windows 10 has some Ryzen tweaks

as the source shows, no gains in TW: Warhammer, Cinebench, HandBrake nor Batman: AA; but a 35% increase in UT3 benchmark tool of ~35% (not 45% as stated in the tweet)

from what I'm getting, the new scheduler behaviour is to prioritize work to cores (0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14) and not SMT threads (1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15) - kinda treating it as SMT off

Reveal hidden contents

Ug4J2Xi.png

AdR9eqL.png

new testing needs to be done

Guess the exerts at PCPer look dumb now. Oh wait the Intel fan base will defend him.

Does it ignore the SMT threads or simply populate the physical cores before putting any work in the SMT threads? IF it ignores SMT completely that's a massive fail. if it's just filling up the physical cores before the logical ones  I'm A-OK with that. But we do need confirmation that SMT is being utilized