OBS & FPS

Recker

Hey guys so i've been streaming abit of league of legends and i can't help but notice my fps not staying at 144 which i am abit of a fps whore :P and it kinda upsets me slightly that i can't keep 144fps in league lol

I've done all the normal stuff 720 30fps 2k bitrate on x264 with no random parameters or anything like that.

My specs are -

i7 4790k 

gigabyte z97x gaming 5 mobo

2x gigabyte windforce 970's

HyperX FURY Series 16GB DDR3 1866MHz

Any idea's? I know streaming is very cpu intensive! Do i just live with the fps drops and stop being a fps whore? :( haha

James

Why OBS?

I would recommend XSplit

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

Here is a tutorial for one way to up that fps.

It is extremely comprehensive, check it out!

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

If you have GeForce Experience installed use Shadowplay (or 'share' as they call it now). 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Are you using the nvenc encoder?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I don't have geforce experienced installed personally i don't like it :P 

And i prefer OBS as its free and im pretty sure its better imo of course :)

And im using x264 right now i've dabbled with nvenc and quick sync but it still happens lol

Do you get 144 fps when not streaming?

The above mentioned using Quicksync and NVENC which takes the load off the cpu. 

The idea being your CPU can focus on LoL. 

You can also build a dedicated streaming pc (dual pc setup) though the setup can be complex when it comes to audio. 

17 hours ago, idxearo said:

Do you get 144 fps when not streaming?

The above mentioned using Quicksync and NVENC which takes the load off the cpu. 

The idea being your CPU can focus on LoL. 

You can also build a dedicated streaming pc (dual pc setup) though the setup can be complex when it comes to audio. 

Yeah i get 144fps pretty much constantly only really drops when there's a huge team fight and shit is going down so to speak but that's expected.

I was considering making a cheap secondary pc for a stream rig but im currently broke :(

Where are you doing your downscaling? on the CPU or GPU side??? Since this could be very taxing on the system depending where your are doing it.. also we need a bit more information about your OBS settings... like preset, profile, and such

and btw.. i would go for x264 as that produce the best quality..... NVENC + quicksync does not provide the same good quality as x264...

On 3/20/2017 at 11:16 PM, idxearo said:
On 3/21/2017 at 5:16 PM, kladzen said:

Where are you doing your downscaling? on the CPU or GPU side??? Since this could be very taxing on the system depending where your are doing it.. also we need a bit more information about your OBS settings... like preset, profile, and such

and btw.. i would go for x264 as that produce the best quality..... NVENC + quicksync does not provide the same good quality as x264...

where can i see which side it's doing it? preset is veryfast and profile is on main 

7 hours ago, Recker said:

"rescale" on the output tab is CPU
"downscale" in video tab is GPU

The output tab is default the rescale output in output is not changed

in video it's downscaled to 720p using obs studio btw