What GoPro should I get?

MDG

I have wanted a GoPro for about 2 years now. I am going to Maldives in a month and my partner asked me to get an "underwater camera".

So this is given me the excuse to add a GoPro to my list. 

So now the difficult part... What GoPro?!

Initially I was going for the 'session'. Small light waterproof cheap. 

Then Hero4... However extras... Waterproof case, extra batteries etc.

Now I am stuck on between the Hero4 and Hero5 Session. 

Problem is, when I first looked at the Hero5 Session it was £180 on amazon, now £300... Hero4 was £206 now £320.

I do not care about LCD screens as I use my iphone as a monitor/ to set things up.

It needs to be small, 1080p 60fps, good image quality, waterproof, cost efficient.

What are the best brands for gear?

10 minutes ago, MDG said:

I have wanted a GoPro for about 2 years now. I am going to Maldives in a month and my partner asked me to get an "underwater camera".

Problem is, when I first looked at the Hero5 Session it was £180 on amazon, now £300... Hero4 was £206 now £320.

I do not care about LCD screens as I use my iphone as a monitor/ to set things up.

It needs to be small, 1080p 60fps, good image quality, waterproof, cost efficient.

I don't know if this is available in the UK, but my buddies use them to record 1080p 60fps videos of their race cars. 

https://www.amazon.com/YI-Action-Camera-US-White/dp/B016EIGEGU?th=1

https://www.amazon.com/Kupton-Accessories-Waterproof-Handlebar-Floating/dp/B01939W3W6/ref=pd_bxgy_421_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01939W3W6&pd_rd_r=GB6F2YDWXF7CX1FEVZHK&pd_rd_w=4swXu&pd_rd_wg=jeTJx&psc=1&refRID=GB6F2YDWXF7CX1FEVZHK

Total comes out to be $125 USD. I am not a camera expert though, so I can't really give you any specs. Just figured I would throw out a suggestion from something I've actually seen in action. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

16 minutes ago, MDG said:

Me and my dad was looking into the same (not for underwater use tho) We decided to go for the GoPro Hero Session Action camera. It's a great camera which you can use with and without your phone. We mostly bought because it's so much cheaper than all the other Gopro's. I know you said you ruled it out, but it's awesome for the price! Of course this isnt the best camera, but it's the best for the price. Good luck on deciding.

CPU: I5-7600k  MOBO: ASUS Z270G Gaming  GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 3GB FTW+  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 2133mMHz  CASE: Corsair Air 240 Black  COOLER: Corsair H100I v2  SSD: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB  https://pcpartpicker.com/b/h8HhP6

23 minutes ago, MDG said:

-SNIP-

I would personally recommend the Hero 3

Hey, if you wanna be splashy, look at also getting a GoPro Karma

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

You could also look into a older one such as a 3/3+ if you want a good cost effective one, I have the 3 and it looks really nice. Also RIP night theme users.

1 minute ago, Abyss Gaming said:

You could also look into a older one such as a 3/3+ if you want a good cost effective one, I have the 3 and it looks really nice. Also RIP night theme users.

I have looked at comparisons for image quality and the Hero4 black looks the best... Its a difficult decision!

Just now, MDG said:

I have looked at comparisons for image quality and the Hero4 black looks the best... Its a difficult decision!

Yea it does look better not gonna deny that, but if you wanna save some money I'm just throwing it out there.

Just now, Abyss Gaming said:

Yea it does look better not gonna deny that, but if you wanna save some money I'm just throwing it out there.

Maybe even a second hand one if you dont care about things like that (although maybe not if you dont trust the waterproofness)

Just now, Abyss Gaming said:

It's definitely tempted considering how expensive the gear is

1 minute ago, MDG said:

It's definitely tempted considering how expensive the gear is

https://www.amazon.com/Kupton-Accessories-Waterproof-Handlebar-Floating/dp/B01939W3W6/ref=pd_bxgy_421_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01939W3W6&pd_rd_r=GB6F2YDWXF7CX1FEVZHK&pd_rd_w=4swXu&pd_rd_wg=jeTJx&psc=1&refRID=GB6F2YDWXF7CX1FEVZHK&tag=linus21-20 well you could also get something like that, I didnt though as I dont trust it nearly as much lol

2 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

I have spent hours going through gear, these type of packages seem so dodgy just cheap variants haha

Ill probably just get the Hero5 Black :S take the plunge, thanks guys

1 hour ago, MDG said:

Ill probably just get the Hero5 Black :S take the plunge, thanks guys

The best is obviously the Hero 5 Black. However between the Hero 5 session and Hero 4 Black I'd preffer the Hero4 black. Its a bit matter of taste and how much you are willing to pay. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"