Nexus 6P camera not focusing

Acorn Eyes

I bought a 64GB 6P for $300. The only listed problem was the rear camera not focusing. So I bought a replacement camera for $30. It's an easy repair.

But when it arrived it was completely fine. I have no clue why it suddenly worked when it arrived, oh well more for me.

But I haven't used it in a while, and I installed a custom ROM. It started clicking (I've experienced clicking sometimes when tapping the glass) but doesn't focus.

I doubt the camera is the problem since it did work after not working. I've read the camera is weird in that you need to use it a bunch and all the clicking problems go away.

Don't talk about stale memes.

14 minutes ago, Acorn Eyes said:

I doubt the camera is the problem since it did work after not working. I've read the camera is weird in that you need to use it a bunch and all the clicking problems go away.

can i have a source? 

14 minutes ago, Acorn Eyes said:

when it arrived it was completely fine. I have no clue why it suddenly worked when it arrived, oh well more for me.

But I haven't used it in a while, and I installed a custom ROM. It started clicking (I've experienced clicking sometimes when tapping the glass) but doesn't focus.

might be a problem with the rom 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

can i have a source? 

might be a problem with the rom 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nexus6P/comments/3rcurg/loose_clicking_noise_near_camera/

I read a bit more, and it could be the AF module is broken. But again I have no idea why the problem disappeared initially. 

1 minute ago, Acorn Eyes said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nexus6P/comments/3rcurg/loose_clicking_noise_near_camera/

I read a bit more, and it could be the AF module is broken. But again I have no idea why the problem disappeared initially. 

might be, i don't have any problem like, strange but not a common issue.  try to switch back to the stock rom to see if that fixes your problem. 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

might be, i don't have any problem like, strange but not a common issue.  try to switch back to the stock rom to see if that fixes your problem. 

That's a last resort for me. Unless there are other vanilla ROMs with Pixel features I can't go back.

I'm trying to find a replacement part for the AF but it looks like it might be soldered on.