GTX 1070 underperforming. PLEASE HELP!

Oh and the CPU was at 100% before I took the screenshot

@Ender15m

thats still looks like CPU issue due to it the high % useage, also max out the power limit on afterburner

Just now, UMxMarky94 said:

@Ender15m

thats still looks like CPU issue due to it the high % useage, also max out the power limit on afterburner

You sure I should max it out?

g

2 minutes ago, Ender15m said:

You sure I should max it out?

yeah as Nvidia keeps a vice like grip on max voltages so it won't would go too high, if it is like EVGA Power target it mainly for gpu boost 3.0 

Edited by UMxMarky94
Grammer

g

yeah as Nvidia keeps a vice like grip on max voltages so it won't would go too high, if it is like EVGA Power target it mainly for gpu boost 3.0 

Nothing has changed still. And actually I realized bumping the cpu to 4 raised the fps...but barely. It's literally unplayable. 

Just now, Ender15m said:

Nothing has changed still. And actually I realized bumping the cpu to 4 raised the fps...but barely. It's literally unplayable. 

yeah so you got a choice, buy a a aftermarket heatsink or AIO and overclock to prolong the life of the system or upgrade the whole system (bar GPU hard drive and possibly PSU)

yeah so you got a choice, buy a a aftermarket heatsink or AIO and overclock to prolong the life of the system or upgrade the whole system (bar GPU hard drive and possibly PSU)

Yeah but OC barely even changed it. And I'm not gonna buy an entirely new PC that's just bull. I worked hard for this.

Just now, Ender15m said:

Yeah but OC barely even changed it. And I'm not gonna buy an entirely new PC that's just bull. I worked hard for this.

well there not much you can do. you could muck around with the some game setting but i don't think that will do much tho 

well there not much you can do. you could muck around with the some game setting but i don't think that will do much tho 

Damn...My luck. Something just broken maybe?

1 minute ago, Ender15m said:

Damn...My luck. Something just broken maybe?

run some benchmarks and stress test but if there was some majorly wrong we would be having a different conversation 

Well you should have sorted your processes by CPU and not memory man, maybe we could've seen something interesting, because your CPu shouldn't be maxing out, have you scanned it for malware/spyware? Is your OS legit?

Start with a new cooler and overclock the snot out of that i5 (at least to 4.5) and see where it gets you. battlefield is really core hungry so unless they optimize it to be a little less intensive you're out of luck.you souldn't have to buy a new CPU for one game (unless Battlefield is you life) so just overclock and find a good middle ground. More Ram might help you as well.

Just now, Fraser Cow said:

Start with a new cooler and overclock the snot out of that i5 (at least to 4.5) and see where it gets you. battlefield is really core hungry so unless they optimize it to be a little less intensive you're out of luck.you souldn't have to buy a new CPU for one game (unless Battlefield is you life) so just overclock and find a good middle ground. More Ram might help you as well.

That sounds like the best option right now.,

Are you sure you're running the exact settings as shown in the benchmark you watched. Set it to Ultra Preset and don't change stuff, also check resolution scaling, anti-aa and so on.

6 hours ago, FTL said:

Are you sure you're running the exact settings as shown in the benchmark you watched. Set it to Ultra Preset and don't change stuff, also check resolution scaling, anti-aa and so on.

What do you mean?

So I think I'm just going to by a cpu cooler and some RAM for now. 

Ugh. I can't make myself do it. Because I know that is not the problem. People have the same specs and run everything way better. What am I doing wrong?! Why is my computer not running right? I'm so sick of this.

fresh install of windows, latest driver for everyhting, oc it up to 3.8 and leave gpu at stock. then check, i had problems due to driver error and just had to update

Main Rig:

CPU: Intel i7 6800k @ 4.2- 4.3 ghz 1.390V CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT Motherboard:  Asus x99-E LGA 2011-3 RAM: 32GB DDR4 4 x 8 GB Hyperx Fyru 2133 Mhz Storage: Intel 535 240 GB SSD, Intel 530 240 GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2.0 TG SSHD  GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual OC cooled by an NZXT G10 & Intel TS13X running @ 1904/2126mhz and 4475mhz Memory+Stock Asus GTX 1070 Dual OC Case: INWin GR One Power Supply: Corsair HX850i Monitor: Hitach 49" 4k lowms TV and a 24 AOC 1080p Monitor Keyboard:  Corasir Vengance K90 & Logitech G13 Speedpad Mouse: Logitech G600 MMO/G602 on an Icemat 2.0 w/glides :P Speakers: LG LAS455H(D8) Soundbar & Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Snow Edition Headphones

NAS/CS:GO Server

CPU: AMD FX8320 Stock Cooler: Corsair H100i M otherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990 REV 2.0 RAM: 4x4 GB Corsair Vengance Storage: 2 x Kingston Hyperx 120 GB SSD & 4 X Seagate 2 TB SSHD
GPU: random nvidia 512 mb card PSU: Coolermaster B500 Case: NZXT Phantom S240 Addons: NZXT LXE Fancontrol Intel quad gigabit eterhernet card.

56 minutes ago, Mrchooow said:

fresh install of windows, latest driver for everyhting, oc it up to 3.8 and leave gpu at stock. then check, i had problems due to driver error and just had to update

People have told me to backup and make a fresh windows thing...But I have no idea how. No one has given me instructions and I can't find any tutorials. But what was the driver error?

first there is 2 things you need a usb stick with about 8gb, 4 is enough but i aklways like to predownload network and graphics and add them to the stick( old habit i have,mostlythis  because previous windows version xp and earlier never had drivers that i needed.

Also a license key is good to have, altho its not needed :)

You will need to make the usb stick bootable you can do that with windows media creator or something like that.

Guide:

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-10-media-creation-tool-create-installation-media-upgrade

As long as the iso you download and add to the stick is the same windows version as you currently have installed, you will have the options of just add a new windows install and keep your old files, altho its recommended to do a clean windows install i.e. format the os drive and install windows on that, if you have 2 disks/2 partions you can easliy move the files you want to keep, savegames,pics, work docs etc on the 2nd partition. just dont format that one :)

Main Rig:

CPU: Intel i7 6800k @ 4.2- 4.3 ghz 1.390V CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT Motherboard:  Asus x99-E LGA 2011-3 RAM: 32GB DDR4 4 x 8 GB Hyperx Fyru 2133 Mhz Storage: Intel 535 240 GB SSD, Intel 530 240 GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2.0 TG SSHD  GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual OC cooled by an NZXT G10 & Intel TS13X running @ 1904/2126mhz and 4475mhz Memory+Stock Asus GTX 1070 Dual OC Case: INWin GR One Power Supply: Corsair HX850i Monitor: Hitach 49" 4k lowms TV and a 24 AOC 1080p Monitor Keyboard:  Corasir Vengance K90 & Logitech G13 Speedpad Mouse: Logitech G600 MMO/G602 on an Icemat 2.0 w/glides :P Speakers: LG LAS455H(D8) Soundbar & Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Snow Edition Headphones

CPU: AMD FX8320 Stock Cooler: Corsair H100i M otherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990 REV 2.0 RAM: 4x4 GB Corsair Vengance Storage: 2 x Kingston Hyperx 120 GB SSD & 4 X Seagate 2 TB SSHD
GPU: random nvidia 512 mb card PSU: Coolermaster B500 Case: NZXT Phantom S240 Addons: NZXT LXE Fancontrol Intel quad gigabit eterhernet card.

also i just had to uninst all everything with nvidia an reinstall it :D that solved it :D

Main Rig:

Check you hard drive usage while gaming, I've seen hard drive speed have a huge impact on gaming performance.

3 hours ago, Mrchooow said:

first there is 2 things you need a usb stick with about 8gb, 4 is enough but i aklways like to predownload network and graphics and add them to the stick( old habit i have,mostlythis  because previous windows version xp and earlier never had drivers that i needed.

Also a license key is good to have, altho its not needed :)

You will need to make the usb stick bootable you can do that with windows media creator or something like that.

Guide:

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-10-media-creation-tool-create-installation-media-upgrade

As long as the iso you download and add to the stick is the same windows version as you currently have installed, you will have the options of just add a new windows install and keep your old files, altho its recommended to do a clean windows install i.e. format the os drive and install windows on that, if you have 2 disks/2 partions you can easliy move the files you want to keep, savegames,pics, work docs etc on the 2nd partition. just dont format that one :)

I know how to install windows. My problem is backing everything up and reinstalling it. I have a lot of games and save data on my PC and I'm not losing any of it. 

I'm not sure what the exact issue is, but I can play Battlefield 1 on low settings at fps that is decent and totally playable, with an FX-6300 and an R7 360.