What Motivates You?

bchampion96

Pretty simple. It's all in the title. I've struggled with low self motivation for quite a while and I've ended up becoming lazy. I've been looking at Uni courses and found this: http://www.surrey.ac.uk/undergraduate/music-and-sound-recording I've never read something and been so motivated to get grade 7 guitar and grade 5 theory before. I've never felt this motivated to work out my issues in maths and physics to go to a university. I really need this motivation to continue, so I thought I'd put the question to you lovely people.

thanks

bchampion96

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

Drugs jk

Friends and wonderful family :)

and a great life partner :)

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Nothing at all.

Life has little meaning.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Nothing at all.

Life has little meaning.

Ditto. For reals. Except that 42 is the meaning of life. 

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

I wanna catch them all

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

My Dreams and the awesome feeling you get when you finish something you wanted to do.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

money and sex. I can get off my arse for just about any reason as long as it leads me to money or sex...on a good day its both. 

money and sex. I can get off my arse for just about any reason as long as it leads me to money or sex...on a good day its both. 

Nothing I do leads to either :(

Best I get is scientific knowledge lol

Pretty simple. It's all in the title. I've struggled with low self motivation for quite a while and I've ended up becoming lazy. I've been looking at Uni courses and found this: http://www.surrey.ac.uk/undergraduate/music-and-sound-recording I've never read something and been so motivated to get grade 7 guitar and grade 5 theory before. I've never felt this motivated to work out my issues in maths and physics to go to a university. I really need this motivation to continue, so I thought I'd put the question to you lovely people.

thanks

bchampion96

If you've found something you really want to do, then your motivation should be this: only you can make it happen. You might want to be a Doctor, or a Zoo Keeper or perhaps, in your situation, you're fascinated in the combination of maths, physics and music. If the combination of what the course describes is the first motivating incentive you've come across, then it's simply working as hard as you can to achieve it. You need to e-mail the course lecturers there and find out as much as you can and inform them of where you stand. It seems you've struck some luck if you're able to apply without Physics/Maths A-level; you could always study these at college if that is an option, but otherwise they allow you to take written examinations on application so you could approach a tutor or attempt to teach yourself.

The important thing is you keep an eye on your goal, other than that it's usually yourself that's responsible for getting you there so you have to be your own motivation: aim to be better than who you are now.

audio books and a hot cup of tea. Im currently listening to Eragon by Christopher Palioni.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

If you've found something you really want to do, then your motivation should be this: only you can make it happen. You might want to be a Doctor, or a Zoo Keeper or perhaps, in your situation, you're fascinated in the combination of maths, physics and music. If the combination of what the course describes is the first motivating incentive you've come across, then it's simply working as hard as you can to achieve it. You need to e-mail the course lecturers there and find out as much as you can and inform them of where you stand. It seems you've struck some luck if you're able to apply without Physics/Maths A-level; you could always study these at college if that is an option, but otherwise they allow you to take written examinations on application so you could approach a tutor or attempt to teach yourself.

The important thing is you keep an eye on your goal, other than that it's usually yourself that's responsible for getting you there so you have to be your own motivation: aim to be better than who you are now.

I'm doing physics and maths A level already. I just have to make sure I get the A :/

I get briefly motivated by projects that other people do whether it's on cars or computers, but then I jump back to reality and realize that I don't have time to do any of that stuff.

I think one of my biggest problems is that I have no motivation. I've given up doing a lot of stuff because I got lazy. And I regret it.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

thanks

bchampion96

Just took my Grade 5 theory with ABRSM :D getting results soon, and doing grade 8 singing soon xD

Music motivates me too, but it's no what I want to do...

I want to go into television production :)

Applying to UNIs now :S

But DUDE go for it man!

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

The next day/tomorrow

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Cash and "peace&quiet.

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Seeing that when something is finished I can provide a slightly better now for my kids, wife or self.  In your case you might be able to provide a better environment to have a wife and kids.  But all the same, knowing that when I finish is when the payoff comes, either in time, money or both. And that motivates me to put my head down and just get it done.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

My motivation comes from knowing that every single second I spend on improving I get closer to my goals in life—Which I'm rapidly approaching through hard work. That means every single moment I can stay awake and active counts, and I thoroughly detest wasting my precious time doing nothing at all.

Cheers,

Linus

Money.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Just took my Grade 5 theory with ABRSM :D getting results soon, and doing grade 8 singing soon xD

Music motivates me too, but it's no what I want to do...

I want to go into television production :)

Applying to UNIs now :S

But DUDE go for it man!

Thanks! :D I've just discovered that grade 7 guitar is piss easy and theory 5 shouldn't be too bad. :)

You know, all of us have this feeling in our lives at some time. Sometimes we tend to set ideas for ourselves that although we wish to fulfill, may not be what we really need at the time. Its important when we feel this way, to get a grasp on our emotions. Its also important to address through an honest self analysis whats making us feel the way we do. For some its others who can bring us down, but most of the time its ourselves. This is a positive thing though that your doing, your setting something in motion. If you feed it energy man, you and anyone can be what ever he or she wishes to be.

I'm a firm believer that every individual has something valuable and influential to offer others, and although we may not think we have much and people may make fun of what we have, its important to understand each other and see that we although we all inhabit this small planet, everyone's trying in their own way to find there own way. If this music course is what you want, and you've really analysed it and gotten past the emotional aspect of your excitement, than go for it man. Im sure you'll succeed at it if you give it the appropriate consideration and time.

What gets me motivated? A belief that life is a precious and cherished gift, and everyone has the prospect of a better life and future than that for which we currently see. Although I don't appreciate my life as much as I should and I bring myself down constantly because of my misgivings and bad choices, I am trying to take solace in the fact that it isn't me who can define my own future by myself, but that I require the support of others in this endeavor. This requires humility and a deep understanding of ourselves and in this case, myself.

Thanks for your thoughtful reply. I have done my thinking and soul searching and what have you. Hopefully I should be able to achieve my goals :)