I need a Photoshop saviour

JoshPC

Tomorrow I have an assignment due for my Photography class which involved fixing up a black and white photograph then restoring colour to it. However, I went to open my PS file and it says it's 'not a valid document' I've tried everything to restore it using software etc. I don't think I will be able to re-do it in 1 hour as it getting late. I'm going to try, but if there are any Photoshop experts who are a bit bored and want to help a fellow person, I would greatly appreciate it.

7 minutes ago, JoshPC said:

Tomorrow I have an assignment due for my Photography class which involved fixing up a black and white photograph then restoring colour to it. However, I went to open my PS file and it says it's 'not a valid document' I've tried everything to restore it using software etc. I don't think I will be able to re-do it in 1 hour as it getting late. I'm going to try, but if there are any Photoshop experts who are a bit bored and want to help a fellow person, I would greatly appreciate it.

I don't know much about PS, but I can try :)

What image? Can you post it?

What file type?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

4 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I don't know much about PS, but I can try :)

What image? Can you post it?

What file type?

I can't upload it :( too big

Just now, JoshPC said:

I can't upload it :( too big

How can an image be over 20mb? I'll bet that's the reason it's not a valid document.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

@kelvinhall05 I've got a 1+ gb image stored somewhere if I remember correctly. Was a high definition milkiway picture me thinks. So above 20 mb image sizes aren't that strange.

1 minute ago, Dutch-stoner said:

@kelvinhall05 I've got a 1+ gb image stored somewhere if I remember correctly. Was a high definition milkiway picture me thinks. So above 20 mb image sizes aren't that strange.

Oh. Well, I don't know that much about images and PS, so...

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

17 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

How can an image be over 20mb? I'll bet that's the reason it's not a valid document.

The original black and white Image I still have. The completed one however is the one that is no longer there.

3 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Oh. Well, I don't know that much about images and PS, so...

I haven't seen a RAW file under 20mb in years... 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

5 hours ago, cc143 said:

I haven't seen a RAW file under 20mb in years... 

Yup. RAW's are "huge". Just imagine the files of a 5D iv or A7rii. Probably between 50-100mb per image there. 

Now OP, can you link the file to a dropbox or something like that? And did you tinker with anything of the file or did it just "stop working"? Did you do any renaming or such? In that case make sure the file ending is right, as some PC's are set up to show that and well, remove the file ending and your file will be fucked. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"