60Hz vs 75Hz / Is FreeSync worth on 75hz?

Joth
Go to solution Solved by Techicolors,
1 hour ago, Joth said:

If 75Hz is the answer I'm left with ASUS VX279H and LG 27MP68VQ-P. Specwise identical except the LG has FreeSync, tho I don't feel like playing HotS at 75 FPS which would make the FreeSync feature useless so I will probably go for the ASUS. What do you think?

well like i said freesync operates at a specific range, and if you go outside this range then freesync will be useless. also freesync isn't that expensive, unlike gsync. 

if you're looking for the range, you will have to research the monitor's technical specs. 

any game will be able to use freesync. just make sure the game is within operational range + it's enabled in both the monitor OSD and radeon software, and freesync will work. also turn off vsync as freesync won't work effectively with vsync in tandem 

most importantly tho, you should have an AMD GPU. otherwise freesync will not work. 

Hi, I plan to buy new monitor and I've selected a few models from which I will choose one. The difference between those is the refresh rate: 60hz, 75hz and 75hz with FreeSync.

So i have couple of questions. Does 75Hz refresh rate is any better than 60Hz? ; Is there difference between 75Hz and 75Hz with FreeSync? ...and Does even 75Hz FreeSync monitor make any sense if i can push like twice the FPS? (I mean should i limit myself to 75FPS with FreeSync if i can just play at 150+ provided the screen tear doesn't bother me too much)

I'm looking for the cheapest option, unless paying a bit extra for that 75Hz is worth.

Thanks. : )

what 75 hz freesync monitors are you looking at? because freesync operates at a range specific to the monitor.

75 hz is an appreciable smoothness difference compared to 60 hz. it might not as big a difference as 60hz to 100hz or 144hz so it'll be a little harder to notice at first. 

freesync is only for AMD gpus. 60-75 is nice but 60hz is fine 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

When you have Freesync/G-SYNC, the refresh rate of the monitor is modified to run at the same rate as the GPU(as the frame rate lowers), so yeah there's merit to having a Freesync enabled monitor. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

9 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

what 75 hz freesync monitors are you looking at?

If 75Hz is the answer I'm left with ASUS VX279H and LG 27MP68VQ-P. Specwise identical except the LG has FreeSync, tho I don't feel like playing HotS at 75 FPS which would make the FreeSync feature useless so I will probably go for the ASUS. What do you think?

20 minutes ago, Joth said:

Hi, I plan to buy new monitor and I've selected a few models from which I will choose one. The difference between those is the refresh rate: 60hz, 75hz and 75hz with FreeSync.

So i have couple of questions. Does 75Hz refresh rate is any better than 60Hz? ; Is there difference between 75Hz and 75Hz with FreeSync? ...and Does even 75Hz FreeSync monitor make any sense if i can push like twice the FPS? (I mean should i limit myself to 75FPS with FreeSync if i can just play at 150+ provided the screen tear doesn't bother me too much)

I'm looking for the cheapest option, unless paying a bit extra for that 75Hz is worth.

Thanks. : )

See if the 75 or 75 Free sync can OC well. Try to push it to like 85HZ

1 hour ago, Joth said:

well like i said freesync operates at a specific range, and if you go outside this range then freesync will be useless. also freesync isn't that expensive, unlike gsync. 

if you're looking for the range, you will have to research the monitor's technical specs. 

any game will be able to use freesync. just make sure the game is within operational range + it's enabled in both the monitor OSD and radeon software, and freesync will work. also turn off vsync as freesync won't work effectively with vsync in tandem 

most importantly tho, you should have an AMD GPU. otherwise freesync will not work.