Broken gpu? Or broken drivers? Please help!

So I recently bought the msi Radeon Rx 470 armor 4gb gpu and I've had it for about a month now and then it began to have issues. Now when I start up my pc and log in. I will wait about 1 minute then my pc monitor will begin to show multiple lines of color then it will flicker then show a different image of multiple lines of color then do that a few times then my pc will do a reboot and start all over again. I installed the newest drivers in a last attempt to fix the issue and it didn't work. I've sent in the gpu to get a replacement. I'm just wanting to know if anyone has any idea what the issue could be? P.S the programs I've been using are MSI afterburner and amd Radeon application.

2 minutes ago, Perry19 said:

So I recently bought the msi Radeon Rx 470 armor 4gb gpu and I've had it for about a month now and then it began to have issues. Now when I start up my pc and log in. I will wait about 1 minute then my pc monitor will begin to show multiple lines of color then it will flicker then show a different image of multiple lines of color then do that a few times then my pc will do a reboot and start all over again. I installed the newest drivers in a last attempt to fix the issue and it didn't work. I've sent in the gpu to get a replacement. I'm just wanting to know if anyone has any idea what the issue could be? P.S the programs I've been using are MSI afterburner and amd Radeon application.

Did you test different versions for the driver? Like more than just two versions? If it's occuring over multiple driver versions the it is most likely the GPU itself.

Did you have the same issue when in the bios? 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

11 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Did you test different versions for the driver? Like more than just two versions? If it's occuring over multiple driver versions the it is most likely the GPU itself.

No I only tested the 2 versions

7 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

Did you have the same issue when in the bios? 

No I can test it though. Do you know what I'm supposed to do once in bios?

Just now, Perry19 said:

No I can test it though. Do you know what I'm supposed to do once in bios?

If you don't encounter the same issue with lines, that could be a sign something is up with your drivers. A better test would be to load ubuntu from a usb stick and test for issues

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Have you tried a different hdmi cable? I get flickering and lines of colour when my cable isn't in properly... Could just be a bad cable?

No but I figured out the issue. It was a driver problem

*UPDATE* I have figured out the issue. It was msi afterburner causing the issue. Thanks for the help everyone! Really appreciate it