Intermittent Connection Speeds

Hey all, I'm having a slight issue with my internet at the moment, I have Vodafone (Vodacom/Verizon) Fibre Unlimited and over Wi-Fi I average about 35-40 MBPS (I'm in a rural area so that's plenty for me). 

But recently I've been having random issues with the connection speed and ping in games (The highest I seen was in CS:GO where it hit 800ms). Windows does not detect any issue with the Wi-Fi adapter or the connection itself. Running a speedtest is a nightmare, 99% of the time it won't connect to the website and the one time it did I had 0.2MBPS down and 1.2MBPS up...

Pinging Google.ie reveals I have 0% Packet loss, but the "Approximate round trip" times were crazy high: "Minimum = 322ms, Maximum = 1938ms, Average = 826ms". If I'm not mistaken that time should be around 100-150ms? 

The router I am using is a Vodafone (Huawei) HG658c, running on firmware version V100R001C172B230. My PC is a custom system running an i5 2500, 16GB of DDR3, a 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, an Antec VP700P (700W) PSU and Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version 1607.My Wi-Fi adapter is made by Ranlink but I don't know the actual model number of it.

If anyone can help that would be amazing!

Thanks in advance.

Dylan.

Try using cable and run some tests to see if it is the wifi

If you can connect just fine with cable, try the wifi analyzer app to see if your channel isn't interfered with from others and if so change it to one that isn't interfered with

im guessing your from AUS ?

if so then complain to your ISP, and hope they fix it. atm we have hardline issues out where i live, have complained about it, telstra still thinks they can fix hardline issues from a chair 1500km away.

taken just after my net started shitting itself
netspeed.PNG.99bc783cd85253282e5b36cac87d4762.PNG

annnnnnd this is telstra telling me they have fixed the problem (today. 21/3/17)

telstra totally fixed it.PNG

correct me if im wrong but having 2500ms in a game isn't normal, and 1.86Mbps is a bit lower then 4.65Mbps

On 3/21/2017 at 0:39 AM, ArcThanatos said:

im guessing your from AUS ?

if so then complain to your ISP, and hope they fix it. atm we have hardline issues out where i live, have complained about it, telstra still thinks they can fix hardline issues from a chair 1500km away.

taken just after my net started shitting itself
netspeed.PNG.99bc783cd85253282e5b36cac87d4762.PNG

annnnnnd this is telstra telling me they have fixed the problem (today. 21/3/17)

telstra totally fixed it.PNG

correct me if im wrong but having 2500ms in a game isn't normal, and 1.86Mbps is a bit lower then 4.65Mbps

Nope, I'm from Ireland, but the customer service is just as awful, pisses me off that I can get 50+MBPS over WiFi on my phone though