Budget CPU cooler

lewdicrous

I'm thinking of getting the pure rock slim from be quiet, was just wondering if anyone has a better option for about the same price tag and dimensions.

https://gear-up.me/be-quiet-pure-rock-slim-cpu-cooler-1150-1151-1155-1156-am2-am3-fm1-2.html

^this is the one that i'm considering, the form factor is workable (if that makes any sense) and i like the basic installation (somewhat similar to the stock cooler).. any suggestions though?

thanks in advance

this is a really good cooler and is cheaper what are you trying to do with it https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz 

Keyboard: Corsair k95 RGB platinum

Mouse: Razer basilisk

Headset: Hyperx cloud alpha pro

2 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

i'll look into it, i don't know if the site i buy things from has it but thanks anyways xD

or look for cryorig h7, a bit more expensive but its cooler, less noisy, better aesthetics and compatibility with your ram sticks

Remember to quote me (or someone else), otherwise we won't going to recieve your answers...

PC Specs                   PCPartpicker full performance builds (from350$-1250$)

26 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

I'm thinking of getting the pure rock slim from be quiet, was just wondering if anyone has a better option for about the same price tag and dimensions.

https://gear-up.me/be-quiet-pure-rock-slim-cpu-cooler-1150-1151-1155-1156-am2-am3-fm1-2.html

^this is the one that i'm considering, the form factor is workable (if that makes any sense) and i like the basic installation (somewhat similar to the stock cooler).. any suggestions though?

thanks in advance

I like that cooler a lot. I've tested it out and if it doesn't beat the 212 EVO (but, I mean, what doesn't these days?), it's within spitting distance in a smaller form factor, with a quieter fan and it costs less. It's in a Mini ITX build for me right now, totally unnecessarily cooling an i3-6100, and it's doing an outstanding job of keeping the processor in the low 50's, even when I'm GTA V-ing it up.

The build I'm using it in has the motherboard on its back, but if it were on its side, I would be worried about the pushpins. Not to slight the cooler's attachment mechanism at all, and I'm sure beQuiet tested the crap out of this mount before going with it, but I'm just generally not a fan of slinging towers without a backplate. Still, not enough to keep me from buying it. The performance to noise ratio is outstanding, and the price is great.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

59 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

i'll look into it, i don't know if the site i buy things from has it but thanks anyways xD

Here it is listed on the site you linked in your first post  https://gear-up.me/processors/cpu-coolers/coolermaster-hyper-212-evo-cooler-and-skt-fm1.html

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

1 hour ago, Ryoku said:

Here it is listed on the site you linked in your first post  https://gear-up.me/processors/cpu-coolers/coolermaster-hyper-212-evo-cooler-and-skt-fm1.html

it doesn't state that it fits an 1151 socket though, i don't know if it will work.. i'll look into it on other sites, maybe they didn't add it or something

2 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

it doesn't state that it fits an 1151 socket though, i don't know if it will work.. i'll look into it on other sites, maybe they didn't add it or something

intel hasn't changed their mounting system in years its compatable. Cooling solutions for sockets LGA 1151, 1150, 1155 and 1156 are interchangeable as they all have the same distance of 75 mm between each screw hole.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

2 hours ago, Blackhole890 said:

or look for cryorig h7, a bit more expensive but its cooler, less noisy, better aesthetics and compatibility with your ram sticks

i'll look into it, if the dimensions work for my pc then i might get it (if the site has it)

thanks xD

Just now, Ryoku said:

intel hasn't changed their mounting system in years its compatable.

alright then, thanks xD

15 hours ago, Blackhole890 said:

The H7 isn't quieter and doesn't have better ram compatibility. They both completely clear the dimm slots. 

@lewdicrous What cpu are you cooling?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

The H7 isn't quieter and doesn't have better ram compatibility. They both completely clear the dimm slots. 

@lewdicrous What cpu are you cooling?

Intel core i7-6700, i know that the stock fan is "okay" for the most part but i'm just looking for a basic upgrade and i might get an AIO system later down the line but i'm not really sure about it.

9 hours ago, lewdicrous said:

Intel core i7-6700, i know that the stock fan is "okay" for the most part but i'm just looking for a basic upgrade and i might get an AIO system later down the line but i'm not really sure about it.

There's no point getting an AIO for the 6700. 

Why are you looking to upgrade from the stock cooler? What's unsatisfactory about it?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

16 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

There's no point getting an AIO for the 6700. 

Why are you looking to upgrade from the stock cooler? What's unsatisfactory about it?

good question.. i just feel like it's not good enough for some reason. maybe its because most build i saw had an aftermarket cooler; i guess i just that influenced my decision

8 hours ago, lewdicrous said:

good question.. i just feel like it's not good enough for some reason. maybe its because most build i saw had an aftermarket cooler; i guess i just that influenced my decision

Unless your temps are too high or you find it too noisy, there's no need to replace the cooler.

On 3/22/2017 at 2:57 AM, WoodenMarker said:

Unless your temps are too high or you find it too noisy, there's no need to replace the cooler.

these are the idle temps.. ideally i'd like to get the temps while under load but one of the fans on my gpu burned (motor) so i don't think i'd risk it.. i might just save up some more money for a new gpu.. idk till now

temps.jpg

temps2.jpg

7 hours ago, lewdicrous said:

these are the idle temps.. ideally i'd like to get the temps while under load but one of the fans on my gpu burned (motor) so i don't think i'd risk it.. i might just save up some more money for a new gpu.. idk till now

Idle temps don't really matter. You can just run a stress test on your cpu and not your gpu.

I personally use OCCT.

I would recommend CM hyper evo 212 or D92. I personally own D92 and it works great with my CPU. I did do a stress test and it kept my cpu at 60c. I am not sure if that is what you want but it should be in your area of purchase

"Strive to be the best and be the best!"

9 hours ago, KazuMae said:

I would recommend CM hyper evo 212 or D92. I personally own D92 and it works great with my CPU. I did do a stress test and it kept my cpu at 60c. I am not sure if that is what you want but it should be in your area of purchase

i'll weigh in all my options (depends on what the site i use has or what they can get for me) thank you ^^

9 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Idle temps don't really matter. You can just run a stress test on your cpu and not your gpu.

I personally use OCCT.

i'll check it out, thank you ^^

Just build your own outta Aluminium

Good Luck,

Sam 

PC SPECIFICATIONS BELOW

APOLLO_ - Ryzen 2700x | Asus Crosshair VI | No RAM atm | ATI Radeon™ HD 5450 | Corsair H115i | Aercool P7 750w | Corsair NX500 400GB + Seagate Firecuda 2TB | 

ALPINE PASS - Just a Dell 7447

2 minutes ago, Sammy_Boy said:

Just build your own outta Aluminium

i would if i could..

eh too lazy tbh