[UPDATE 21/03/17] S8 and S8+ Colours and Prices Leak

Update 21/03/17

New images from Evan Blass @evleaks on Twitter

C7ZYR95XkAQ7mcO.jpg:large

Nothing unexpected here, looks very similar to my S7 Edge, maybe a slightly reduced curvature on the edge which would help with accidental touches.

That rear fingerprint reader is gonna cause a lot more fingerprint on the camera though :P

Original post

http://www.theverge.com/2017/3/19/14973670/samsung-galaxy-s-8-phone-photo-rumor-leak-colors-price

C7RyIphU8AApN9P.jpg

Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus (top to bottom) in black sky, orchid grey and arctic silver (left to right)

Pricing:

S8 - 799€
S8+ - 899€
DeX - 150€
GearVR - 129€
Gear360 - 229€

Leaked by Evan Blass @evleaks on Twitter

Thoughts:

My gosh is that a good looking phone, I particularly like the clean front and the choice to not shoehorn in a Samsung logo. Pricing looks high as expected from Samsung's flagship products. Shame about them not being able to integrate the fingerprint scanner under the screen this time around.

DeX product is apparently a docking station for the phone, should be interesting but looking expensive if it is just a video and usb passthrough dock.

I wonder if the new GearVR price will include the recently announced controllers, also hopefully it retains compatability with the S6/7 lineup.

New Gear360 as well, hoping for better stitching/higher frame rates.

Data Scientist - MSc in Advanced CS, B.Eng in Computer Engineering

I love the look of Samsung phones in general (my 1st smart phone was the amazing S3) but I can't stand the samsung bloatware they tack on it. If they sold a vanilla one I would drop my nexus in a heartbeat - but I know it would never happen :/ 

And look at those bezels! or lack of....

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

Just now, GeekJump said:

I love the look of Samsung phones in general (my 1st smart phone was the amazing S3) but I can't stand the samsung bloatware they tack on it. If they sold a vanilla one I would drop my nexus in a heartbeat - but I know it would never happen :/ 

And look at those bezels! or lack of....

Luckily the modding community is pretty vibrant on their flagships just to sheer numbers of devices out there. Though I get that most people aren't comfortable with voiding warranties.

800€ count me out, but it looks nice

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

33 minutes ago, GeekJump said:

If they sold a vanilla one I would drop my nexus in a heartbeat - but I know it would never happen :/ 

It will be nice when first boot if the phones asks us to have a stock Samsung experience with its apps(Apps should be downloaded and installed or need to be mentioned before buying) or purely stock android with only basic apps and also Google apps that is a good option or atleast release a phone with purely stock android version with different model number so that particular phone will get latest version of android in the same margin of google phones or a bit late unless samsung want to promote their Laggy TouchWiz UI. Custom UI hurt performance too like TouchWiz which actually eats a lot of ram.

17 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

800€ count me out, but it looks nice

At least it has a new SoC, wireless charging and is not modular like G6 unintentionally is.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

9 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Looks like the G6

3 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Looks like LG G2.

Actually it looks like S7 Edge with Home and Touch buttons chopped(with on-screen nav buttons) and also decreased the top part of the phone by only placing camera and sensors on the top with the logo excluded.

2 minutes ago, M.A.P said:

Actually it looks like S7 Edge with Home and Touch buttons chopped(with on-screen nav buttons) and also decreased the top part of the phone by only placing camera and sensors on the top with the logo excluded.

My point exactly. Almost every phone looks like 10 others, thus why I said:

6 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Do we have to go down this road every time a phone gets released?

8 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

This is making me fear as in future android may be developed for non-touch keypad and not for touch phones. If we talk about touch phones then people will say that still old fashioned guy non.touch phones are coolB|. I'm not kidding. I'm talking about my fear:/.

12 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Looks like LG G2.

18 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Looks like the G6

Looks like my nokia 3310 /s

nokia-3310.jpg

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

19 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

At least it has a new SoC, wireless charging and is not modular like G6 unintentionally is.

wait what is up with the G6? I haven't really followed the mobile world.

17 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Looks like LG G2.

LOVE THAT PHONE

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Just now, Dackzy said:

wait what is up with the G6? I haven't really followed the mobile world.

Well you have region locked wireless charging, awesome DAC or 64 GB option, can't even get the combo of 2 options, so as I see it it's even more modular than G5. 

2 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Well you have region locked wireless charging, awesome DAC or 64 GB option, can't even get the combo of 2 options, so as I see it it's even more modular than G5. 

And also it includes Snapdragon 821 instead of Snapdragon 835 whose release date is only few months away(not confirmed but approximate) and giving a non sense reply to customers that the thing they focus is on user experience. LG is really gonna be way behind than its competitor flagships releasing this year as other flagships are gonna have Snapdragon 835.

10 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

oh yeah, they did that shit with the G6. Just gonna buy a last gen flagship

13 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

No chance in hell I'd pay that much for something so ugly. Whats up with making the phone so tall? And the curved screen... good luck surviving a drop.

Phones these days are just ridiculous. Soon we'll have $1000+ phones and people keep buying them every year despite only using them for social media and browsing. Imagine the computer hardware you could get for that kind of money...

The phone isn't any taller they jut took the s7 edge screen and basically added more on the top and bottom. Surprisingly the curved screen doesn't actually make it worse at surviving drops, the panel itself is flexible meaning it's more durable.

Europe always gets shafted on price, it'll likely be 1 Euro = 1 USD if you want US pricing. 

2 hours ago, randomhkkid said:

Luckily the modding community is pretty vibrant on their flagships just to sheer numbers of devices out there. Though I get that most people aren't comfortable with voiding warranties.

Yeah I'm paranoid something will break and I would have screwed myself over with the warranty. Hasn't happened yet but what if o.O

1 hour ago, M.A.P said:

It will be nice when first boot if the phones asks us to have a stock Samsung experience with its apps(Apps should be downloaded and installed or need to be mentioned before buying) or purely stock android with only basic apps and also Google apps that is a good option or atleast release a phone with purely stock android version with different model number so that particular phone will get latest version of android in the same margin of google phones or a bit late unless samsung want to promote their Laggy TouchWiz UI. Custom UI hurt performance too like TouchWiz which actually eats a lot of ram.

That was the one con with my s3 - so much samsung custom crap. I tried to disable as much as I could but couldn't get rid of it all.  Eventually I installed the google launcher but the taint was still there...hidden.

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

Looks very nice, love the screen to body ration, though not the edge display. But yeah it's quite pricey.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

No thanks... it is Samsung after all. Nice design for sure though.

Groomlake Authority

This forum is full of the cheapest people I've seen online... so I expected a lot of "too much money" posts.

I'm buying a black one ASAP.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Looks to be a great phone. So no more fingerprint scanner?

30 minutes ago, ttam said:

This forum is full of the cheapest people I've seen online... so I expected a lot of "too much money" posts.

I'm buying a black one ASAP.

A lot of the members here don't understand that a quality product commands a higher price.

that's a mighty big price for something you'd use to make calls & play candy crush on

Details separate people.

7 minutes ago, TroubleKlef said:

Looks to be a great phone. So no more fingerprint scanner?

A lot of the members here don't understand that a quality product commands a higher price.

Moved to the rear of the device, IIRC the original plan was to have a synaptics sensor under the main display but they couldn't pull it off in time for production.