anyone wanting to help build a game?

Lilninjsways
Go to solution Solved by SilicateWielder,
On 3/19/2017 at 11:23 AM, noahdvs said:

You should start much, much smaller then. Knowing how to make music is not enough to make you a useful long term member of a team. Learn how to edit maps and program at a basic level. Fool around on your own with Unity, Unreal Engine, Source or something else. Maybe try making a text based game from scratch. Games are some of the most complex pieces of software you can make.

It's also ideal to work on small games that you can make yourself. I know you said you do sound, but just being able to do sound won't get you anywhere in terms of pitching a game idea, you need to have skills in other fields.

Once you can make a small game, then you can slowly begin increasing the scale of your games.

hello guys! thanks for reading this post by the way love ya anyways! looking to develope a game! I'm hoping to develope it on unreal engine but I am flexible and will work with what the majority of the team says or wants! I do the music for the game anyways if you want to know the main premise of the game here it is!! of course you know a game like lol and dota I want to do something like that but first person and I want to have the players have a choice in a WIDE variety of lovable characters! I would like to have a team of 20 or 30 people a few programmers graphic designers character designers animation and later down the line some more people like voice actors and more people like that!! our team will have a team check up or meeting every Monday at 4:30 pm est PM ME FOR MORE INFO anyways thanks for reading like I said and have a nice day

MY MAIN BUILD AT FATHERS HOUSE!

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX-8300 3.3GHz 8-Core Processor CPU COOLER:  Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard

RAM: 32gb ddr3

Hard Drive:  Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Graphics Card:  MSI Radeon RX 470 DirectX 12 Radeon RX 470 ARMOR 4G OC 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Case: Rosewill TYRFING ATX Mid Tower Case

Network Adapter:  TP-Link TL-WN781ND PCI-Express x1 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter

Case Fans:  Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan (PLUS THE STOCK CASE FAN)

Monitor:  Asus VG248QE 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor

Keyboard:  Thermaltake CHALLENGER PRIME Wired Gaming Keyboard

Mouse:  MSI Interceptor DS B1 Wired Optical Mouse

Speakers: Logitech Z200 0W 2ch Speakers

Have you made a game of a similar size before and can you link to it?

No offense, but your post screams "I'm enthusiastic, but have no idea what I'm doing."

2 hours ago, noahdvs said:

Have you made a game of a similar size before and can you link to it?

No offense, but your post screams "I'm enthusiastic, but have no idea what I'm doing."

no I've never made one

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX-8300 3.3GHz 8-Core Processor CPU COOLER:  Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Graphics Card:  MSI Radeon RX 470 DirectX 12 Radeon RX 470 ARMOR 4G OC 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Case Fans:  Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan (PLUS THE STOCK CASE FAN)

1 hour ago, Lilninjsways said:

no I've never made one

What languages to do you know? experience? college? degree? masters? PHD? 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

2 hours ago, Lilninjsways said:

no I've never made one

You should start much, much smaller then. Knowing how to make music is not enough to make you a useful long term member of a team. Learn how to edit maps and program at a basic level. Fool around on your own with Unity, Unreal Engine, Source or something else. Maybe try making a text based game from scratch. Games are some of the most complex pieces of software you can make.

2 hours ago, Lilninjsways said:

no I've never made one

Maybe you should hold your horses and first try to make your own space invaders, pacman or even pong clone. If you have to start from scratch that pretty much means: "see you in a couple of years".

13 hours ago, Lilninjsways said:

I would like to have a team of 20 or 30 people a few programmers graphic designers character designers animation and later down the line some more people like voice actors and more people like that!!

So you're thinking more about being in a management position? What degrees or previous experience do you have? What demographics are you trying to reach with this new product? How much funding are you willing to give to such a project?

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

my previous experience isn't related to gaming but it is me running a 20 person company around nc and sc for pc repair and still is running well and I'm going to do a kickstarter not sure about the budget yet im still working on figuring out a lot of stuff I just want a crew before getting really in depth with this idea

24 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

So you're thinking more about being in a management position? What degrees or previous experience do you have? What demographics are you trying to reach with this new product? How much funding are you willing to give to such a project?

Spoiler

32 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

So you're thinking more about being in a management position?

this is exactly what I'm thinking yes!

2 hours ago, Unimportant said:

-snip-

look up at first snip

3 hours ago, noahdvs said:

-snip-

look at first snip

3 hours ago, vorticalbox said:

-snip-

look at first snip

Spoiler

14 hours ago, Lilninjsways said:

of course you know a game like lol and dota I want to do something like that but first person and I want to have the players have a choice in a WIDE variety of lovable characters!

please be more specific, what is unique about your idea and why should it be different then any other game. with this as description of your game, i'm going to continue playing overwatch.

1 hour ago, ard1998 said:

please be more specific, what is unique about your idea and why should it be different then any other game. with this as description of your game, i'm going to continue playing overwatch.

it's not like overwatch it will be like dota and lol but first person and new and unique characters some are enthusiastic and fun some just want to kill and win!! I would love to have the same amount of characters as lol all with a rich backstory and lore that players will love there's no due date for this yet 

Spoiler

4 hours ago, Lilninjsways said:

it's not like overwatch it will be like dota and lol but first person and new and unique characters some are enthusiastic and fun some just want to kill and win!! I would love to have the same amount of characters as lol all with a rich backstory and lore that players will love there's no due date for this yet 

Those may seem like simple games, but they are rather large, with lots of art, story writing, and programming. What kind of funding are you going to give this project?

48 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

Those may seem like simple games, but they are rather large, with lots of art, story writing, and programming. What kind of funding are you going to give this project?

not sure yet I still have to think about that

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, Lilninjsways said:

not sure yet I still have to think about that

Well, that seems like a good first step before bringing other people into a new business.

On 3/19/2017 at 11:23 AM, noahdvs said:

It's also ideal to work on small games that you can make yourself. I know you said you do sound, but just being able to do sound won't get you anywhere in terms of pitching a game idea, you need to have skills in other fields.

Once you can make a small game, then you can slowly begin increasing the scale of your games.

My procrastination is the bane of my existence.

I make games and stuff in my spare time.

4 hours ago, UnbrokenMotion said:

thanks I will ask again once I have made a few games 

Spoiler

On 3/19/2017 at 11:07 PM, Lilninjsways said:

unique characters some are enthusiastic and fun some just want to kill and win!! I would love to have the same amount of characters as lol all with a rich backstory and lore that players will love there's no due date for this yet 

and gameplay? your talking about the game without noticing gameplay features. even like how EA tries to sell each year a new version of fifa by saying "it's improved" without saying what or if there are new gameplay features.

12 hours ago, ard1998 said:

and gameplay? your talking about the game without noticing gameplay features. even like how EA tries to sell each year a new version of fifa by saying "it's improved" without saying what or if there are new gameplay features.

As long as they keep improving QATAR and I'm the only person that gets to play that team in my group hangouts. That's all that matters.