Anyone know where to find non-mint mouthwash?

Inkz

Hello, am trying to find some non-mint mouthwash. I just can't stand the taste, I am trying to find some maybe citrus flavor anti septic/ ant gingivitis and also with no alcohol. I just don't like the burn feel from mint or alcohol.  It is so hard to find some in a mint filled world.

In most cases, the "burn" feeling is the alcohol, not the mint. Alcohol free mint-flavoured mouthwash is incredibly mild.

Also: Side note, there's very little evidence that supports the idea that Mouth wash does... well... much of anything at all. Any "fresh breath" smells it gives you are temporary at best - lasting an hour or two, if that. And any oral hygienic benefits are suspected of being totally made up.

There are of course specific instances where it's warranted: A freshly pierced tongue needs anti-septic mouthwash to help the wound heal and prevent infection, for example.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On 20.3.2017 at 8:28 PM, dalekphalm said:

There are of course specific instances where it's warranted: A freshly pierced tongue needs anti-septic mouthwash to help the wound heal and prevent infection, for example.

Or after having your wisdom teeth removed. Fun times.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

On 3/20/2017 at 0:28 PM, dalekphalm said:

In most cases, the "burn" feeling is the alcohol, not the mind. Alcohol free mint-flavoured mouthwash is incredibly mild.

Also: Side note, there's very little evidence that supports the idea that Mouth wash does... well... much of anything at all. Any "fresh breath" smells it gives you are temporary at best - lasting an hour or two, if that. And any oral hygienic benefits are suspected of being totally made up.

I've always been under the impression that the agitation of the mouthwash when you swish it around can help to dislodge stubborn plaque deposits, as well as helping to eliminate a small number of germs, especially on the tongue. Mentioned the latter because I can't brush my tongue any further than halfway to the back, because my gag reflex is pretty strong.

Also on the other hand, I've found that flossing probably doesn't offer enough of a benefit to offset the risk of injury to your gums when the floss inevitably slips. Biannual dentist visits for cleaning, and frequent use of mouthwash along with twice-daily brushing should mitigate the hidden plaque between the teeth. 

New Build (The Compromise): CPU - i7 9700K @ 5.1Ghz Mobo - ASRock Z390 Taichi | RAM - 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200CL14 @ 3466 14-14-14-30 1T | GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI | Cooler - Corsair h100i Pro | SSDs - 500 GB 960 EVO + 500 GB 850 EVO + 1TB MX300 | Case - Coolermaster H500 | PSUEVGA 850 P2 | Monitor - LG 32GK850G-B 144hz 1440p | OSWindows 10 Pro. 

Peripherals - Corsair K70 Lux RGB | Corsair Scimitar RGB | Audio-technica ATH M50X + Antlion Modmic 5 |

CPU/GPU history: Athlon 6000+/HD4850 > i7 2600k/GTX 580, R9 390, R9 Fury > i7 7700K/R9 Fury, 1080TI > Ryzen 1700/1080TI > i7 9700K/1080TI.

Other tech: Surface Pro 4 (i5/128GB), Lenovo Ideapad Y510P w/ Kali, OnePlus 6T (8G/128G), PS4 Slim.

On 3/20/2017 at 9:28 PM, dalekphalm said:

In most cases, the "burn" feeling is the alcohol, not the mind.

Mind you :P

Thus, from the war of nature, from famine and death, the most exalted object which we are capable of conceiving, namely, the production of the higher animals, directly follows. There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.

11 hours ago, Urishima said:

Or after having your wisdom teeth removed. Fun times.

Yes another good point. But basically, you have an open/fresh wound in either case, and you're preventing the wound from getting infected.

10 hours ago, Phentos said:

I've always been under the impression that the agitation of the mouthwash when you swish it around can help to dislodge stubborn plaque deposits, as well as helping to eliminate a small number of germs, especially on the tongue. Mentioned the latter because I can't brush my tongue any further than halfway to the back, because my gag reflex is pretty strong.

Also on the other hand, I've found that flossing probably doesn't offer enough of a benefit to offset the risk of injury to your gums when the floss inevitably slips. Biannual dentist visits for cleaning, and frequent use of mouthwash along with twice-daily brushing should mitigate the hidden plaque between the teeth. 

Being "under the impression" of something doesn't really matter so much about it's actual effects.

Yes, swishing mouthwash around can dislodge some plaque... But not much, and not in any significant quantities. Remember, when plaque is fresh, it's like a waxy substance (after a long day, try scrape the front of your teeth with your nail). When it dries, it becomes hard like enamel or rock. In either case, a liquid isn't going to be removing it.

As for the bacteria thing? Yes it can kill some bacteria. Here's the problem: Some types of bacteria are GOOD for your oral hygiene. It depends on the type. Mouthwash can't tell the difference between good bacteria and bad bacteria. So by killing the bad stuff, you're also killing the good stuff, which can be detrimental to your oral health.

As for the gag reflex, you should try using purpose built tongue cleaning "brushes". They're generally shaped in such a way as to better clean the back of the tongue without triggering the gag reflex. Oral-B makes a half decent one. There's also the "Ora-Brush" that gets advertised on YouTube constantly - I tried it out, and personally didn't like it.

Now I'm not saying don't use Mouthwash. If it doesn't hurt you, and you like the results - go ahead and use it. Also, some types are more effective than others. Furthermore, there are SOME studies that show mouthwash as being at least as effective as flossing.

I suppose the conclusion here, more than anything else, is that flossing and mouthwash both need further study.

10 hours ago, ZothOmmog said:

Mind you :P

Hehe oops. Fixed.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

9 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Yes another good point. But basically, you have an open/fresh wound in either case, and you're preventing the wound from getting infected.

Yeah, opening up big 'ol potholes in your gums and jaw can lead to some issues. Especially when they didn't come out right and the doctor has to mill away bone to get them out.

Did I mention that German oral surgeons are really stingy about prescribing painkillers?

2 minutes ago, Urishima said:

Yeah, opening up big 'ol potholes in your gums and jaw can lead to some issues. Especially when they didn't come out right and the doctor has to mill away bone to get them out.

Did I mention that German oral surgeons are really stingy about prescribing painkillers?

My doc gave me a big prescription for Tylenol-3's w/ Codeine... They were very effective! And I only needed like 1/4th of the bottle.

22 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

My doc gave me a big prescription for Tylenol-3's w/ Codeine... They were very effective! And I only needed like 1/4th of the bottle.

I wish.

'Yeah, just buy some non prescription Ibuprofen 400, it'll be fine.'

Fuck-all was fine. Luckily my parents still had some Ibuprofen 800 at their place from when my youngest brother got injured. You need a prescription for anything with more than 400 mg (per pill), same with Tylenol. But after those were gone, I was popping the 400s like M&Ms.

Was that a smart thing to do? Probably not. But I could not give less of a shit at that point.

And Codeine? Why do you Northamericans get to have all the fun? They don't trust us with that shit.

The surgeon did some damn good work, I'll give him that, But come on, help a brother out here!

And you know what the funny thing was? It was just ONE of the 4 teeth that caused all this. 3 out of 4 came out ofter the surgeon gave them a menacing stare, that was it. Barely felt anything there afterwards and the swelling was minimal.

But fucking number 4, ho boy...

Anyway, enough of that rant :P

[EDIT]

Actually, our Nyquil has 600 mg of Tylenol. Odd, I wonder why it is fine there. You still wont get more than 400 mg of Tylenol in pill form.

[EDIT-2]

I take that back, you can get Tylenol 500 without prescription in pill form.

8 minutes ago, Urishima said:

I wish.

'Yeah, just buy some non prescription Ibuprofen 400, it'll be fine.'

Fuck-all was fine. Luckily my parents still had some Ibuprofen 800 at their place from when my youngest brother got injured. You need a prescription for anything with more than 400 mg, same with Tylenol. But after those were gone, I was popping the 400s like M&Ms.

Was that a smart thing to do? Probably not. But I could not give less of a shit at that point.

And Codeine? Why do you Northamericans get to have all the fun? They don't trust us with that shit.

The surgeon did some damn good work, I'll give him that, But come on, help a brother out here!

And you know what the funny thing was? It was just ONE of the 4 teeth that caused all this. 3 out of 4 came out ofter the surgeon gave them a menacing stare, that was it. Barely felt anything there afterwards and the swelling was minimal.

But fucking number 4, ho boy...

Anyway, enough of that rant :P

Heh... and I only had one tooth taken out (I only had 2 grow in, and 1 is still inside the gums and isn't moving so they just left it).