Discussion about upcoming gaming monitors this year !

mms

Hi everyone ,

If HDR is really worth it , What is the best option between upcoming gaming monitors from Asus , Acer and Samsung ?
1) Asus PG27UQ and Acer XB272-HDR ( 27'' - 4K - HDR - Quantum Dot - IPS - 144hz and G-sync )
or
2) Samsung CHG75 ( 27'' - 2K - HDR - Quantum Dot - VA - 144hz and G-sync )
Should i buy this Asus or Acer 4k / or this samsung 2k is enough for upcoming HDR Games With the above-mentioned specifications ?

Is there a big difference between 2k vs 4k for gaming ?

I think , i'll go with Samsung CHG75 ( 27'' - 2K - HDR - Quantum Dot - VA - 144hz and G-sync ) because the high price for Asus PG27UQ and Acer XB272-HDR (2000$) .

Is Asus PG27UQ and Acer XB272-HDR worth an extra $1k than this Samsung CHG75 ?
I think Samsung CHG75 with 2k , HDR and G-sync will be enough for best gaming experience .

Thanks in advance

What GPU do you have?

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

^what he said and, we don't even have reviews on this new monitor yet. VA, HDR, 144hz, is exciting for sure since IPS hasn't resolved its response time and TN looks like bleh. BUT, I can't give you and honest opinion yet because there's no telling until someone posts a review. Personally, if you have a 1070 or 1080, just get the X34. I personally think HDR is bs and even Linus said so in one of his most recent videos. I find 3440x1440 more enticing and a better gaming experience.

*Insert Name* R̶y̶z̶e̶n̶ Intel Build!  https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/748542-insert-name-r̶y̶z̶e̶n̶-intel-build/

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Z270X Gaming 5 CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: ASUS STRIX OC GTX 1080 RAM: Corsair Ballistix Sport LT 2400mhz Cooler: Enermax ETS-T40F-BK PSU: Corsair CX750M SSD: PNY CS1311 120GB HDD: Seagate Momentum 2.5" 7200RPM 500GB

For me , GPU isn't a problem . both have HDR , Quantum Dot , 144hz and G-sync .

The difference is  Asus PG27UQ and Acer XB272-HDR 4K IPS and  Samsung CHG75  2K VA .

I can buy both and stay with 1080 ti until volta would be released , but i think Asus PG27UQ or Acer XB272-HDR doesn't worth the extra $1k than this samsung . 

the Asus PG27UQ looks very good judging from the specs. even if your rig isn't capable of 4k 144hz (and i think little to no hardware is capable of doing so even with severely low visual settings), you can still drop to 1440p or 1080p and still have 144hz. plus QLED / IPS HDR goodness

with that said i think we should wait until they release these monitors and for outlets to review them. 

4 hours ago, Technicolors said:

the Asus PG27UQ looks very good judging from the specs. even if your rig isn't capable of 4k 144hz (and i think little to no hardware is capable of doing so even with severely low visual settings), you can still drop to 1440p or 1080p and still have 144hz. plus QLED / IPS HDR goodness

with that said i think we should wait until they release these monitors and for outlets to review them. 

Yes , Asus PG27UQ and Acer XB272-HDR are great monitors but , Who will pay $ 2,000 in this screen ?

Let's talk about some points :-

Many of players prefer VA than IPS for Gaming .

What about 1000 nit ?

I think Samsung CHG70 & CHG75 and SHG50 don't need 1000 nit such as upcoming Asus PG27UQ and Acer XB272-HDR because VA has higher contrast and perfect blacks than IPS in Asus PG27UQ and Acer XB272-HDR . So the difference between them (VA and IPS ) is the main reason to hit 1000 nit or higher or lower . Sometimes increasing the dose of the drug lead to death not healing .

6 hours ago, mms said:

Yes , Asus PG27UQ and Acer XB272-HDR are great monitors but , Who will pay $ 2,000 in this screen ?

Let's talk about some points :-

Many of players prefer VA than IPS for Gaming .

What about 1000 nit ?

I think Samsung CHG70 & CHG75 and SHG50 don't need 1000 nit such as upcoming Asus PG27UQ and Acer XB272-HDR because VA has higher contrast and perfect blacks than IPS in Asus PG27UQ and Acer XB272-HDR . So the difference between them (VA and IPS ) is the main reason to hit 1000 nit or higher or lower . Sometimes increasing the dose of the drug lead to death not healing .

they're rumored to cost a little over $1k. but i won't be surprised if MSRP is $2k 

these monitors reaching 1k nits does sound a bit far-fetched. HDR demand reaching at least 1k nits in their guidelines, and it does not have to be a full-screen 1k nit peak brightness. it could be just highlights that are blown out via local dimming, so full-screen peak can be significantly lower 

IPS is good for gaming and content creation at the side. there's gaming monitors out that are IPS but can do 144hz+, so the disadvantage of speed and latency isn't an excuse anymore. though it's still a thing for regular IPS monitors, but it's not as big a problem as it's used to 

but it is true that VA has better contrast ratio than IPS or TN. however we don't know the asus and sammy monitors' contrast ratios are. obviously we won't rely on manufacturer-spec numbers so we'll depend on extensive reviews from outlets that know and are experienced at reviewing monitors. 

30 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

they're rumored to cost a little over $1k. but i won't be surprised if MSRP is $2k 

these monitors reaching 1k nits does sound a bit far-fetched. HDR demand reaching at least 1k nits in their guidelines, and it does not have to be a full-screen 1k nit peak brightness. it could be just highlights that are blown out via local dimming, so full-screen peak can be significantly lower 

IPS is good for gaming and content creation at the side. there's gaming monitors out that are IPS but can do 144hz+, so the disadvantage of speed and latency isn't an excuse anymore. though it's still a thing for regular IPS monitors, but it's not as big a problem as it's used to 

but it is true that VA has better contrast ratio than IPS or TN. however we don't know the asus and sammy monitors' contrast ratios are. obviously we won't rely on manufacturer-spec numbers so we'll depend on extensive reviews from outlets that know and are experienced at reviewing monitors. 

OK  , Thank u bro very much .

Is there a release date for the Samsung CHG75 yet? I'm not happy with the current 1440p 144Hz monitors.

1 hour ago, Biecher said:

Is there a release date for the Samsung CHG75 yet? I'm not happy with the current 1440p 144Hz monitors.

no concrete release date yet, but it should be sometime this year