Recommend good books please? :D

HemilTV

So i'm 15 with a reading age of 17 and just wanted some good books to read. They could be non-fiction and tech related or fictional. Just need something decent. I don't want to be spending over about £10. A paperback would be most preferable.

Thanks LTT Forum

corsair carbide 300r with corsair quiet af120 fans | i5 4670k OC Genie'd @ 4GHz coolermaster hyper 212 evo w corsair sp120 quiet fanasus gtx 670 2gb direct cu2 edition |

msi z87 gd65 gaming mobo | Corsair AX 760 | 128gb samsung 840 pro ssd Western Digital Caviar BLACK 1TB

Peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Logitech M705 | Razer Arctosa | Sennheiser HD 598 | Turtle Beach P11s round my neck (used as a mic)| Steelseries QCK Heavy | BenQ XL2430T

Steve Jobs and iWoz.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

TBH, I really liked the Hunger Games series (I don't really read books so...). I am guessing you have read it already though.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

A Game of Thrones is awesome and is already one of my favorite series. I just finished the first one last week and am really enjoying the second (A Clash of Kings) . I do not know how much they are though

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

So i'm 15 with a reading age of 17 and just wanted some good books to read. They could be non-fiction and tech related or fictional. Just need something decent. I don't want to be spending over about £10. A paperback would be most preferable.

Thanks LTT Forum

The Great Gatsby : http://www.amazon.com/The-Great-Gatsby-Scott-Fitzgerald/dp/0743273567/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384290490&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Great+Gatsby+book

City of Ember : http://www.amazon.com/The-City-Ember-First-Book/dp/0375822747/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384290504&sr=8-1&keywords=City+of+ember+book

The Hunger Games : http://www.amazon.com/The-Hunger-Games-Trilogy-Boxset/dp/0545626382/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1384290517&sr=8-2&keywords=The+hunger+games+book

Romeo and Juliet : http://www.amazon.com/Romeo-Juliet-Folger-Shakespeare-Library/dp/0743477111/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384290537&sr=8-1&keywords=Romeo+and+Juliet+book

Hamlet : http://www.amazon.com/Hamlet-Folger-Library-Shakespeare-William/dp/074347712X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384290555&sr=8-1&keywords=Hamlet

I could list a whole bunch of books (that are more college level)   but I'm not sure if you'd find them interesting or not :(

こんにちは, まだ学習漢字 ;)

Anything by tom clancy is awesome if you're into that sorta stuff.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

City of Ember was awesome =D

I loved the book in middle school / high school. But I thought the movie sucked >_<

Did you read the two sequals? The people of sparks and The prophet of Yonwood? 

こんにちは, まだ学習漢字 ;)

I loved the book in middle school / high school. But I thought the movie sucked >_<

Did you read the two sequals? The people of sparks and The prophet of Yonwood? 

I didn't like the Second book (The one that took place as a prequel, I think it was Yonwood) But the other two I enjoyed.

And yeah, the movie sucked xD

I didn't like the Second book (The one that took place as a prequel, I think it was Yonwood) But the other two I enjoyed.

And yeah, the movie sucked xD

I haven't read the books in about 4 years so I forget what the 2nd and 3rd book are about. But I completely remember the entire first book >_<

I should read them again :D (they're just sitting on the shelf right now) 

こんにちは, まだ学習漢字 ;)

Thanks LTT Forum

Matthew Reilly - Aussie best-selling author and known for some fast-paced action scenes. Might be worth a look!

MAXIMUS VII HERO | i7 4770K w/ H100i | 2x8GB 1600MHz | GALAX GTX 970 x2
250GB SSD boot | 250GB x2, 1TB SSD storage | Corsair 400C | Corsair RM550

I've been a fan of books by Guy Gavriel Kay

http://www.guygavrielkay.ca

Or

Neil Gaiman

http://www.neilgaiman.com

CPU AMD Ryzen 2700 X / Motherboard  / RAM 4 x 4GB  / GPU Zotac 1080Ti Amp Edition / Case Fractal Design Meshify C / Storage Samsung 850 PRO / 1TB WD Black & 2TB WD Green / PSU / Cooling Noctua / Keyboard Ducky Shine 2 / Mouse Logitech G700 / Sound O2 Amp/DAC & Audioengine A5+ speakers

The Way of Kings or other books by Brandon Sanderson. The only problem is it's 1007 pages and nothing particularly interesting happens for 90% of the book, and there's supposed to be 9 more...

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

For fantasy, ANYTHING by Markus Heitz and Bernad Hennen, fantastic stuff.

For Sci-Fi, I can highly reccomend Ian M. Banks' Culture series novels. They are absolutely amazing.

Often a good way to find em a little cheaper is getting them as ebooks, if you're comfortable reading like that.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

For Sci Fi check out the Revelation Space trilogy by Alastair Reynolds.

Huck Finn is a good book.

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

Thanks LTT Forum

Hmm...

Anything by Douglas Adams, but especially The hitchiker's guide to the galaxy. 

Lord of The Rings and The Hobbit. If you like the lore of LOTR, try Silmarillion. 

The Da Vinci Code. 

Huxley-Brave new world.

George Orwell- 1984 and Animal Farm. 

Also, some might some say they're overrated, but Harry Potter books are actually pretty cool. 

End of thinking capacity.

Pride & Prejudice.

Oh god I hated that book's guts. 

Now I got the itch to research what to read. Thank you. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Well here are my favourites, give it a try ;)

1. Dune, Frank Herbert

2. LOTR, Tolkien, 

3. Stars my Destination, Alfred Bester

4. 20 000 leagues under the sea, Julius Verne 

Give them a spin ;)

Well here are my favourites, give it a try ;)

1. Dune, Frank Herbert

2. LOTR, Tolkien, 

3. Stars my Destination, Alfred Bester

4. 20 000 leagues under the sea, Julius Verne 

Give them a spin ;)

*Jules Verne, not Julius ;) .

But yes, how could I forget Verne! His books are great!

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

*Jules Verne, not Julius ;) .

But yes, how could I forget Verne! His books are great!

God, my bad! :D 

Some books I enjoyed reading

Stephen E. Ambrose - Band of Brothers

Robert Ludlum - The Bourne Identity (or trilogy)

Alistair Maclean - Where Eagles Dare

Bond books

I just realized I only read stuff I have already seen in a movie

Shadow of the wind. one of my favorites and if you don't like to read about sexual stuff then don't go for it but either way it's great.

Harry Potter series

catcher in the rye is also really nice

i like to read myself but never really find the time.

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB