Can I revive my GTX 560 TI?

Aztec

Hey I have a 2GB Asus GTX 560TI GPU. I was playing Battle Field One and it suddenly stopped, went to the desktop and I had lines going across my screen. Things wouldn't load up properly etc... I obviously restarted the computer and it was doing it in the BIOS and Windows so... my GPU is dying. I'm asking this because I have no money and I'm a student. (I'm in the process of looking for jobs don't worry). I've tried de assembling the GPU and using a hairdryer at max heat on the components as I've seen videos online saying if you heat it up, the metal should melt and that... etc... don't know much about that stuff but I understand how it works. I'm not willing to put it in the oven as thats where food goes and that... I'd appreciate it if anyone could help me! Thanks.

If it's dead put it in the bin, you can get a GTX 1050Ti 4GB that will destroy the 560Ti in nearly every situation. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

have you cleaned it that helped my with the same problem

and a little clcok a justing

Your V-ram probably went. Your best bet is to shop around for a new/used gpu. Think you got all the mileage out of that gpu.

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

1 minute ago, Hunter115 said:

have you cleaned it that helped my with the same problem

and a little clcok a justing

Hey, yeah I have thanks. It was very dusty but it didn't seem to fix the problem unfortunately. I'm trying to turn down the clock speed but it's very difficult as things aernt loading properly and I can't see certain UI elements etc..

2 minutes ago, Gix7Fifty said:

Your V-ram probably went. Your best bet is to shop around for a new/used gpu. Think you got all the mileage out of that gpu.

Ahh that's true, it is an old card. Do you have any good recommendations? I'm hoping to replace the motherboard, APU (yes apu) ram and GPU at some point but doesn't look like any time soon.

Just now, Aztec said:

Ahh that's true, it is an old card. Do you have any good recommendations? I'm hoping to replace the motherboard, APU (yes apu) ram and GPU at some point but doesn't look like any time soon.

GTX 1050Ti 4GB. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

2 minutes ago, Aztec said:

Here is a place that sells used cards. I have not used him myself but I have heard great things and his prices are competitive.

https://gpushack.com/

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

14 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

GTX 1050Ti 4GB. 

...Or spend like $20 more for an RX470 which blows it out of the water.

Ye ole' train

28 minutes ago, Aztec said:

Hey I have a 2GB Asus GTX 560TI GPU. I was playing Battle Field One and it suddenly stopped, went to the desktop and I had lines going across my screen. Things wouldn't load up properly etc... I obviously restarted the computer and it was doing it in the BIOS and Windows so... my GPU is dying. I'm asking this because I have no money and I'm a student. (I'm in the process of looking for jobs don't worry). I've tried de assembling the GPU and using a hairdryer at max heat on the components as I've seen videos online saying if you heat it up, the metal should melt and that... etc... don't know much about that stuff but I understand how it works. I'm not willing to put it in the oven as thats where food goes and that... I'd appreciate it if anyone could help me! Thanks.

When your gpu # is half that of the current gpu line it would be prudent to just let. it. die.

The law of nvidia numbering determines your card a dead card (even if it still some how works)

/s

;)

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

37 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

If it's dead put it in the bin, you can get a GTX 1050Ti 4GB that will destroy the 560Ti in nearly every situation. 

May I ask is it future proof?

Just now, Aztec said:

No GPU is future proof however it'll last for around 3-4 years. 

زندگی از چراغ

30 minutes ago, Gix7Fifty said:

Here is a place that sells used cards. I have not used him myself but I have heard great things and his prices are competitive.

https://gpushack.com/

Thanks! I appreciate it, sorry I should have mentioned I live in the UK. I could have a look around on Ebay or something.

Just now, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

No GPU is future proof however it'll last for around 3-4 years. 

I just meant in terms of future titles etc... but that's true.

1 minute ago, Aztec said:

Nothing is "future proof" [its a stupid term by the way]

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Just now, Aztec said:

I just meant in terms of future titles etc... but that's true.

Yeah it'll run them, much better than the 560Ti would do. 

زندگی از چراغ

1 minute ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

Yeah it'll run them, much better than the 560Ti would do. 

Thats good. I thought the 560ti was a good card tbh haha so that'll be even better! 

2 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Nothing is "future proof" [its a stupid term by the way]

I just meant i dont want to replace it 2 years down the road. 

4 minutes ago, Aztec said:

I just meant i dont want to replace it 2 years down the road. 

Most cards if used proper will last 5-15 years. So yeah your good.

I think I still have a 3dFx Voodoo 3 that still works and its 25years oldish ....

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

10 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Most cards if used proper will last 5-15 years. So yeah your good.

I think I still have a 3dFx Voodoo 3 that still works and its 25years oldish ....

Ahh thats good then. Thanks for clearing that up