Cheapest router that has the option to set time limits per device?

Mirdon

Good Evening guys, I'm currently looking for the cheapest router that has the option to set time limits for devices that connects to the wifi. Like what I see on my local mall where you're met with a webpage when you try to connect to a wifi and you agree to their terms and you get like an hour or two access for the day with a fixed speed then it gets refreshed after a day.

stuff like that is essentially left to purposely coded enterprise stuff, what's your intended purpose for this? maybe there's cheaper/easier options for what you want to do.

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

stuff like that is essentially left to purposely coded enterprise stuff, what's your intended purpose for this? maybe there's cheaper/easier options for what you want to do.

It's for a small Laundromat business.

1 minute ago, Mirdon said:

It's for a small Laundromat business.

you could contact local ISPs to ask if they want to deploy a hotspot of their own in your buisiness.

both of the major ISPs in my area have options for that, i doubt it's any different in your region.

Ubiquiti UniFi software can do it. Just buy a couple of their access points. 

I believe they have a demo of their UniFi software on their website if you want to double check it has the functionality that you want. 

2 minutes ago, beavo451 said:

I believe they have a demo of their UniFi software on their website if you want to double check it has the functionality that you want. 

are you sure? all i can find is they have the usual "wifi access on/off" hour planning pretty much everything down to shitty Dlinks have.

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

you could contact local ISPs to ask if they want to deploy a hotspot of their own in your buisiness.

both of the major ISPs in my area have options for that, i doubt it's any different in your region.

I see, I'll try asking them but they're pretty incompetent so I'm not gonna get my hopes up, thanks by the way.

1 minute ago, beavo451 said:

Any access point from the first row here? (https://www.ubnt.com/products/).

3 hours ago, manikyath said:

are you sure? all i can find is they have the usual "wifi access on/off" hour planning pretty much everything down to shitty Dlinks have.

I believe it is under the guest portal settings. I'll have to look when I get a chance. 

After looking through the documentation, I believe you will have to implement a voucher based system for time limits to work correctly. 

As as far as automated time resets, I don't think there is anything that is "affordable". Perhaps somebody else knows of something. 

13 hours ago, Erkel said:

mikrotik

Looks like the user trial feature in RouterOS is the way to go. If you can wrap your head around RouterOS. 

13 hours ago, Brian Furious said:

Any router that can you flash DD-WRT firmware

I briefly researched this. I can't find anything supporting time limits in DD-WRT. 

4 hours ago, beavo451 said:

Looks like the user trial feature in RouterOS is the way to go. If you can wrap your head around RouterOS. 

I briefly researched this. I can't find anything supporting time limits in DD-WRT. 

I haven't checked any DD-WRT options but I'm sure it can have something like that. I mean you can VLAN with it even on cheaper router, which is cool.

I have a DSL-N55U D1 and it has the guest Wi-Fi option up to 3 APs.

Asus RT-AC51U can have it as well which is just a router without a DSL modem. Check it out