My Laptop shut itself down

i'm just testing my GTA V setting by set it to use direct X 10 since i found on the internet it's actually better and decide to set my vsync to half because my 950m seems couldn't handle 60fps stable. everything working well, battery is full on charge, i'm charging on the original power brick, just playing GTA like i usually do. then suddenly a clicking noise and then the laptop shut it self down. i never encountered this before in this specific laptop, but i have encountered it on my previous ROG that i bought second hand, it shut itself down during gaming so i decide to ship it back, get a refund and buy this. my laptop is ROG G501JX btw and the previous lapyop is G750 something, i forgot but it got a 770m. is the shut itself down is a issue in ROG laptop? i'm afraid that the cpu is not stable or maybe the gpu so it decide to shut itself down. (amazingly i typed this on my ROG) thanks

Possibly it was shut down to prevent itself from overheating , that is a possibility. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.