Project [No Name]: reboot \ X99 \ SLI \ Custom WC \ ~17Liters \ Sponsored \

Markkedi

Hello again!

It's time for new project, this time modding my previously made chassis from few years back and it can be found HERE. It seems that all metalwork pictures are broken in there but I will fix them in near future, but for now you can find all the pictures in here Picture gallery of Project [No Name]

As I said the chassis will stay the same and here are pictures of the original plans with dimensions and the finished product. 

_full.jpg

IMG_9918.jpg?img=smaller

Plans for the current reboot build are fitting an ASRock X99 motherboard, two GPU's and full custom watercooling for GPU's and CPU. 

I have been planning this for few months now and I have managed to get ASRock, Aquatuning, Alphacool and Phobya to sponsor this project!

ASRock is giving Fatal1ty X99 Professional Gaming i7 motherboard for this project!

Fatal1ty%20X99%20Professional%20Gaming%2

Aquatuning, Alphacool and Phobya sent their first care package later this week and this is what I got :)

Aquatuning1.png?img=img1280

Sorry for low quality pictures, camera is broken so bare with me for little while :)

20170314_182124.jpg?img=smaller

Alphacool Eisdecke top and tank are so nice looking and just perfect size for this project with Alphacool VPP755 pump :)

20170314_191922.jpg?img=smaller
20170314_192323.jpg?img=smaller
20170314_191936.jpg?img=smaller

This is it for now :) 

PROJECT SPONSORED BY

ASRock_Logo.png?img=smaller 

AC-Logo-mit-Eiszapfen-schwarz.png?img=sm 

AT-Logo-2013-black.png?img=smaller

Phobya-Logo.jpg?img=smaller

This looks cool, subbed. 

I recently used that D5 pump top/res combo in my NCase build; looks slick. However mine tended to leak a bit at the top fill port if I had it too full. Just be careful with it. I suspect silicon tape would fix it but I never got around to it.

CPU Intel Core i7 4790K Motherboard EVGA Z97 Stinger Core-3D GPU EVGA GTX 980Ti SC+ Storage 128 GB Samsung 850 Pro, 512 GB Samsung 850 EVO, 750GB HDD PSU Silverstone SX600-G Case Dan Cases A4-SFX v1 Cooling Custom Loop Monitor Acer Predator XB271HU (1440p), ASUS 1080p Keyboard TADA68 Mouse Logitech G502 Build Log Link

Looks cool subbed 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

Decided to stop looking for my old 3D model files and to make them again. Here are pictures of the current rough model. Better pictures of watercooling stuff and fitting of them are coming today or tomorrow :)

compare.jpg?img=smaller

Topfront.jpg?img=smaller

Side2.jpg?img=smaller

Side.jpg?img=smaller

Back.jpg?img=smaller

Started test fitting the WC stuff today as I decided to get XT45 instead of ST30 for top rad. Good thing I did that because front rad was about 2mm too high so top rad wouldn't fit on its place.

Warning!
Following pictures in this thread may seem like brutal handling of the chassis and components. 
Some components were harmed during the project.

_DSC3471.jpg?img=smaller 

Only thing that was possible to do was removing the floor plate :)
Also as the front rad configuration changed from push to pull, those sticking screws had to go too as rad was going to be mounted straight to chassis this time. 

_DSC3479.jpg?img=smaller 

_DSC3483.jpg?img=smaller 

_DSC3484.jpg?img=smaller 

And now everything is sitting on their own places like they should :)

_DSC3489.jpg?img=smaller 
_DSC3487.jpg?img=smaller 
_DSC3491.jpg?img=smaller 

After confirming that rads fitted I headed for fan collar and slim fans :)
I had this kind of mod planned last time but I didn't have time then. Plan is to disassemble the fans from their chassis and mount them directly to my fan collars :)

Like this.

_DSC3502.jpg?img=smaller 
_DSC3503.jpg?img=smaller 

It might be harder to do than i thought as the slim fans had different kind of mounting than i anticipated. So this will be a totally separate update ;)

_DSC3496.jpg?img=smaller 
_DSC3497.jpg?img=smaller 
_DSC3499.jpg?img=smaller 

This is it for now.  But I still need to rant of my loan camera, Sony A350. It is probably the worst DSLR that I ever had on my hands and believe me, I've had older and cheaper ones. Focus is something from a amateur grade Ö horror movie and the lens is so dark that I had hands full of work to get them adjusted to even to this grade.

Lastly a quick pic of my temporary workspot in my extra/storage room :)

_DSC3509.jpg?img=smaller 

• 2 weeks later...

Today I got the package that I have been waiting for.

ASRock Fatal1ty X99 Professional Gaming i7 motherboard arrived so I could test how everything would fit :)

[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 

MB is perfect with it's color scheme and layout. Only thing that sticks to my eye is that weird plastic on top of VRM cooler that is different shade of red.

[IMG] 

Alphacool block fits like a glove to the build :)

[IMG] 
[IMG] 

After small test fit it was obvious that the motherboard left even more room than I could ever use [/sarcasm] :D

[IMG] 

Luckily pump/reservoir combo left more room than that I expected :)

Next update will follow within few days, just need to clarify couple plans before announcing anything :)

Question time! What does this magnificent piece has to do with this project?

[IMG]

• 2 weeks later...