Best earbuds for rock/ metal?

Drkrinklez

I like bass aswell. My budget is 100 dollars USD or less. BTW, I listen to a lot of pink floyd and stuff like that...

All music benefits from a neutral sound signature. I would recommend the Shure SE215 earphones at your budget. They come in both black and clear, and I have to say the clear version looks incredible.

2 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

All music benefits from a neutral sound signature. I would recommend the Shure SE215 earphones at your budget. They come in both black and clear, and I have to say the clear version looks incredible.

I forgot to add that I need a mic with it too, sorry :P

20 minutes ago, Drkrinklez said:

I like bass aswell. My budget is 100 dollars USD or less. BTW, I listen to a lot of pink floyd and stuff like that...

https://www.amazon.com/Monster-Clarity-Ear-Headphones-Black/dp/B00SSM8NIS

I personally have these. I love alot of bass, though I prefer my over ear headphones. I still love these ear buds. They have a great mic and (from what I've been able to tell, and I always have the volume maxed out no matter what headphones I use) they don't distort at high volumes.

4 minutes ago, BluJay614 said:

https://www.amazon.com/Monster-Clarity-Ear-Headphones-Black/dp/B00SSM8NIS

I personally have these. I love alot of bass, though I prefer my over ear headphones. I still love these ear buds. They have a great mic and (from what I've been able to tell, and I always have the volume maxed out no matter what headphones I use) they don't distort at high volumes.

I don't really like those, I'd prefer a more "Professional" Earbud if that Makes sense. I would LOVE to have a pair of detachable earbuds with some good bass, as most are IEM's and those have little to no bass.

23 minutes ago, Drkrinklez said:

I don't really like those, I'd prefer a more "Professional" Earbud if that Makes sense. I would LOVE to have a pair of detachable earbuds with some good bass, as most are IEM's and those have little to no bass.

Nice Pink Floyd avatar. The Wall.

One problem, many of the "professional" earbuds have no mic.

Also, IEM;s don't have little to no bass, they can vary like any other headphones

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

1 minute ago, spwath said:

Nice Pink Floyd avatar. The Wall.

One problem, many of the "professional" earbuds have no mic.

Also, IEM;s don't have little to no bass, they can vary like any other headphones

This is also not to mention that they are well over the price point he's looking for, or don't have detachable cables

Just now, BluJay614 said:

This is also not to mention that they are well over the price point he's looking for, or don't have detachable cables

No, there are plenty of sub $100 IEMs

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

1 minute ago, spwath said:

No, there are plenty of sub $100 IEMs

I'm doubtful they would check off everything he's wanting. I love listening to loud rock and metal music with alot of bass, and I love it when a company can implement a great in line mic. I've honestly never owned a pair of IEMs. Even my B&O earbuds have one of the best mics I've had in a pair of headphones, but I like the monsters better for the bass and comperable mic.

My favorite pair of headphones I've ever owned are Skullcandy Crushers.

39 minutes ago, Drkrinklez said:

I've used IEM's with no bass at all, and I've used IEM's with obnoxious amounts of bass (think 17 year old's car with subwoofers in the trunk).  The old V-Moda BassFreq's were terribly unbalanced and cheaply made, but a very fun IEM to listen to electronic music and hip hop with.

Every time I need new earbuds, I'll go over to Head-Fi and look through their sub-$100 reviews to find something from the Chinese market.

Currently I have a set of Fidue A65's, which are $63 on Amazon and I'm extremely happy with them.  They also have an in-line mic with one button for play/pause/voice-assistant.  Overall, they remind me a lot of my old V-Moda Vibe's (the metal construction 45-degree plug ones, not the plastic garbage ones), and that's a good thing.

https://www.amazon.com/A65-Titanium-Isolating-Professional-Earphones/dp/B01AG3IFX4

For genuinely cheap IEM's that sound good but I won't care too much if something happens to them, I highly recommend the DUNU DN-12 Trident, which is like $25.  They sound good enough that I'm perfectly happy to listen to them for a long time, they're comfortable enough I regularly fall asleep wearing them, and they're cheap enough that if I pull a wire and one side stops working, I won't be too sad about it.  DUNU also has some higher-end models, but I haven't personally listened to them.

Both are full-metal construction.  Both are quite nicely packaged in boxes with a lot of chinese characters on them.  Last time I was shopping, I was originally just going to spend $100-120, and ended up buying another set of DN-12 Trident's, as well as the Fidue A65's.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

Try boat bassheads (i own bassheads 300) or (i am gonna get a lot of hate for this) Razer hammerheads

14 hours ago, Drkrinklez said:

i aint got the 20 and i wont have it for the longest time

These won't sound as good, but are just $85 and have a mic, and have won awards as some of the best-sounding earphones under $100.

https://www.amazon.com/1MORE-Headphones-Earphones-Compatible-Microphone/dp/B01KB9K9Z0/

These have won mention as 'alternative' audiophile earphones for those who have issues with more popular $100 earphones like the SE215 of Sennheiser Momentum In-ear. Onkyo is also a 'luxury' brand for A/V receivers and home-theater systems, so although they have a cheaper cable, they feature stellar build quality.
https://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-E700MB-27-Hi-Resolution-Headphone/dp/B01CZFF2DM/