Quotes under an hour display posted one hour ago

themctipers

Whenever someone quotes anything that has been posted in under an hour ago, it'll default to saying said an hour ago

Spoiler

bfbd418483fc30538e30f8d0ff1165b6.png38b2fe5a08c746f298ec3153f4f9d32d.png

Chrome 57.0.2987.98 (64-bit)

Windows 10 (64 bit)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 hour ago, colonel_mortis said:

Is the clock on your computer correct? http://time.is/

time.is shows the time (pre dst)

we've changed the clocks forward an hour here in toronto, so now its 8:17pm, but it says 7:17pm in time.is.

windows did not change this automatically, so i had to change it manually. ios changed automatically however.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

time.is shows the time (pre dst)

we've changed the clocks forward an hour here in toronto, so now its 8:17pm, but it says 7:17pm in time.is.

When you corrected your clock on your computer, did you manually change it, or did it detect that the clocks had changed automatically? The issue you are describing sounds like you have changed the actual time (aka the time that your computer perceives to be UTC) rather than the time zone.

If I use time.is to get the time in Toronto, it tells me that it's 20:20, as expected.

HTTP/2 203

1 hour ago, colonel_mortis said:

When you corrected your clock on your computer, did you manually change it, or did it detect that the clocks had changed automatically? The issue you are describing sounds like you have changed the actual time (aka the time that your computer perceives to be UTC) rather than the time zone.

If I use time.is to get the time in Toronto, it tells me that it's 20:20, as expected.

windows did not change this automatically, so i had to change it manually.

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

windows did not change this automatically, so i had to change it manually.

OK, that is the problem. I'm not entirely sure how to properly resolve it for you (revert the time back an hour and make sure the time zone is set correctly and has DST enabled I suppose). The forum uses your computer's local time to calculate the quote timestamps, because that way the posts don't have to be dynamically modified on the server.

HTTP/2 203

4 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

OK, that is the problem. I'm not entirely sure how to properly resolve it for you (revert the time back an hour and make sure the time zone is set correctly and has DST enabled I suppose). The forum uses your computer's local time to calculate the quote timestamps, because that way the posts don't have to be dynamically modified on the server.

bc0301ed3ab227f09b66645c3d34b06e.png

windows is still broke. :/ 

edit: changed time zone manually to 'eastern time (US & Canada)' and its still broke

oh well, its a windows issue.

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

bc0301ed3ab227f09b66645c3d34b06e.png

windows is still broke. :/ 

UTC-6 Easter Island looks wrong to me - shouldn't it be UTC-5 Toronto? Uncheck "Set time zone automatically" and set it manually.

HTTP/2 203

1 minute ago, colonel_mortis said:

UTC-6 Easter Island looks wrong to me - shouldn't it be UTC-5 Toronto? Uncheck "Set time zone automatically" and set it manually.

changed time zone manually to 'eastern time (US & Canada)'

windows automatically fails. :/ 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

4 minutes ago, themctipers said:

changed time zone manually to 'eastern time (US & Canada)'

windows automatically fails. :/ 

Mine has always been set like this and has worked correctly for me.  Are you saying yours doesn't when set like this?

Capture2.PNG

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

Mine has always been set like this and has worked correctly for me.  Are you saying yours doesn't when set like this?

Capture2.PNG

It doesn't work when set time zone automatically works. I have to turn that off, and change it manually to eastern time (ca/us)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

It doesn't work when set time zone automatically works. I have to turn that off, and change it manually to eastern time (ca/us)

what? 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

16 hours ago, themctipers said:

Have you tried the "Internet Time" option?

Thus, from the war of nature, from famine and death, the most exalted object which we are capable of conceiving, namely, the production of the higher animals, directly follows. There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.

3 hours ago, ZothOmmog said:

Have you tried the "Internet Time" option?

Not a thing 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.