Miniature or tiny Wii sensor bar for 7 inch TV?

Xanthe_2871

I'd like to put a Nintendo Wii in my car to allow passengers in the back to play games on the 7 inch screens in the headrests. Does anyone know of a 3rd party sensor bar made for small screens? I'd really appreciate it if anyone knows of one!

P.S: I know the outdoor light may interfere, and the small screen will not be ideal, but the UI of the Wii requires pointing at the screen in certain situations... 

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

I'm sure you could easily mod a cheap one or this wireless one (might be easier to ceiling mount inside the car) and put the two IR LED arrays closer together into a smaller housing if you really want. 

Teardown Guide:

http://www.somelifeblog.com/2008/06/wii-sensor-bar-tear-down-guide.html

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

5 minutes ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

I'd like to put a Nintendo Wii in my car to allow passengers in the back to play games on the 7 inch screens in the headrests. Does anyone know of a 3rd party sensor bar made for small screens? I'd really appreciate it if anyone knows of one!

P.S: I know the outdoor light may interfere, and the small screen will not be ideal, but the UI of the Wii requires pointing at the screen in certain situations... 

You could always just open the original bar and glue the ir emmiters to a small scrap of wood. all the bar has in it are ir emmiters nothing fancy and it doesn't really matter how far apart they are so it's a simple DIY project you could do.

also the bar isn't that large in the first place why not just mount the intact bar the the back of your car seat.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

1 minute ago, Shiv78 said:

I'm sure you could easily mod a cheap one or this wireless one (might be easier to ceiling mount inside the car) and put the two IR LED arrays closer together into a smaller housing if you really want. 

Teardown Guide:

http://www.somelifeblog.com/2008/06/wii-sensor-bar-tear-down-guide.html

I've considered that but I'd only do it as a last resort, I want my setup to look as clean and professional as possible for my Lyft customers. 

1 minute ago, moderategamer said:

You could always just open the original bar and glue the ir emmiters to a small scrap of wood. all the bar has in it are ir emmiters nothing fancy and it doesn't really matter how far apart they are so it's a simple DIY project you could do.

also the bar isn't that large in the first place why not just mount the intact bar the the back of your car seat.

If I did just use the included/genuine sensor bar would it even be accurate on such a small screen without modification?

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

There was a company that made 4" bars but I don't see their product on Amazon anymore. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

3 minutes ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

If I did just use the included/genuine sensor bar would it even be accurate on such a small screen without modification?

Probably not really, it will be like using a high DPI mouse on a 480p screen. Not fun. 

4 minutes ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

I want my setup to look as clean and professional as possible for my Lyft customers. 

I'd get the wireless bar and attatch it directly to the ceiling or middle armrest of the vehicle, for a clean wire-free look without holes or modifications.

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

1 minute ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

I've considered that but I'd only do it as a last resort, I want my setup to look as clean and professional as possible for my Lyft customers. 

It's hard to say wether or not it will pick up the signal properly being so close to it but the size of the screen doesn't matter the sensor doesnt map 1:1 with the screen it only maps the movement of the controller and the little pointer on screen then helps the player understand where and how far they need to move your body calibrates itself.

you may need to move the ir emmiters closer together to pick up at that distance but ive never tried you could always try and if it doesn't work no harm done.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

candles

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

11 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

candles

This would be ideal, not only do you get the sensing but you also get the ambiance.

Seriously though like others have suggested I say wireless bar mounted to the roof.

On 3/18/2017 at 5:28 AM, lieder1987 said:

This would be ideal, not only do you get the sensing but you also get the ambiance.

Seriously though like others have suggested I say wireless bar mounted to the roof.

> Funny x2

I was being serious though xD They can be placed anywhere, (ie, highly adjustable) and should output more light than any little LEDs, meaning they will work in any environment.  Never tried it myself but in theory it's great.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

7 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I was being serious though xD They can be placed anywhere, (ie, highly adjustable) and should output more light than any little LEDs, meaning they will work in any environment.  Never tried it myself but in theory it's great.

Well since he was talking about doing this in his car I didn't think that you would be serious. :) Good to know though. Lit candles in the car is something that I wouldn't be comfortable with, but to each their own...

2 minutes ago, lieder1987 said:

Well since he was talking about doing this in his car I didn't think that you would be serious. :) Good to know though. Lit candles in the car is something that I wouldn't be comfortable with, but to each their own...

wait what?  Oh, tbh, I completely missed that this was for being in a car... I guess I sort of read "Wii" and "TV" and the idea that we were talking about this being in a vehicle was permanently blocked from my mind xD