Nintendo selling more Switches than anticipated, increasing production to keep up with demand

Nowak

Slightly off topic, there is a Easter Egg hidden in the Switch Pro controller.

Spoiler

switchmessage.jpg?x74487

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

10 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Reveal hidden contents

switchmessage.jpg?x74487

Not signed in

Not signed in

I saw that , its a neat little easter egg like the xbox has MasterChef in it. end of the day games are not just graphic only, fun also matters.  

3 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

What does that even say?

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

i saw that, its a neat little easter egg like the xbox has MasterChef in it. end of the day games are not just graphic only, fun also matters.  

Which one?  Gordon Ramsay or Bobby Flay?

9 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

i saw that, its a neat little easter egg like the xbox has MasterChef in it. 

It's nice to see companies started to put Easter Eggs back into their products. They are mostly absent these past few years, from people, who ruins the fun for everyone.

7 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

What does that even say?

Spoiler

x0a0gnwtnsjy.jpg

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 hour ago, Daring said:

Nintendo hasn't been able to regain third-party relations they lost in the N64 days.

N64 days? Lol no, Nintendo burned their bridges in the SNES days. By the time N64 came out they only really had Rare who were essentially a first party studio by that point. There was the odd 3rd party game on N64 but by then everyone had jumped to planet PlayStation.

Also you wanna know why botw was such a hit? Because they got rid of the old team and brought in some new younger developers and the first thing the new guys did was scrap all the old and shitty mechanics. When Miamoto & Aonuma were asked why the world couldn't be open or why link had to auto jump the only answer they got was "because its always been that way". Hopefully botw is a lesson learned for Nintendo.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Why must you ruin my horrible sarcastic jokes?

Pokemon mmo pls

Pokemon in an actual 3d world with 3d movement pls

Not another Dex with a fucking ice cream cone pls

Give me a wifi-enabled Pokemon stadium. Where I can do battles AND mini-games with friends over a network. That would be bliss x.x

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

the furry community is buying switches as a whole

birb or shark :P

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

31 minutes ago, MageTank said:

Give me a wifi-enabled Pokemon stadium. Where I can do battles AND mini-games with friends over a network. That would be bliss x.x

They could do so much but don't. :o

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

They could do so much but don't. :o

Imagine if they had a digital library full of all of their old titles, and all of them had wifi-multipliayer and perfect emulation. Imagine being able to play the original Pokemon games and being able to duel anyone anywhere at a pokemon center over Wi-Fi. Or play Conker's Bad Fur Day multi-player with random people. So much potential for this device. I'd even pay to buy these old titles again if they did that. It would give the Switch a ton of games, and the older players would get to re-live some of their childhood without having to resort to emulation. 

It would also be a win-win for Nintendo, as they get to continue to make money off older IP's. Hopefully we see this one day. However, I won't hold my breath. This is Nintendo after all, lol. 

1 minute ago, MageTank said:

Imagine if they had a digital library full of all of their old titles, and all of them had wifi-multipliayer and perfect emulation. Imagine being able to play the original Pokemon games and being able to duel anyone anywhere at a pokemon center over Wi-Fi. Or play Conker's Bad Fur Day multi-player with random people. So much potential for this device. I'd even pay to buy these old titles again if they did that. It would give the Switch a ton of games, and the older players would get to re-live some of their childhood without having to resort to emulation. 

It would also be a win-win for Nintendo, as they get to continue to make money off older IP's. Hopefully we see this one day. However, I won't hold my breath. This is Nintendo after all, lol. 

See my thinking is that if you have a really solid Pokemon game you don't need to play the classics anyways.

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

See my thinking is that if you have a really solid Pokemon game you don't need to play the classics anyways.

Yeah but... You can't dupe masterballs in the new games :(

1 hour ago, MageTank said:

Yeah but... You can't dupe masterballs in the new games :(

I still have a copy of Emerald for that. But it's not like I need masterballs, I've learned how to catch things without it, it's just a pain. Plus I can still just trade them up. :)

4 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Why must you ruin my horrible sarcastic jokes?

Pokemon mmo pls

Pokemon in an actual 3d world with 3d movement pls

Not another Dex with a fucking ice cream cone pls

Ooooookay, id love a Pokemon game where I could play as charmander; the traditional Pokemon game mechanics were always incredibly boring to me.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

Ooooookay, id love a Pokemon game where I could play as charmander; the traditional Pokemon game mechanics were always incredibly boring to me.

Pokemon dungeon?

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

4 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

You should look at Pokemon Mystery Dungeon then.

27 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

Pokemon dungeon?

I mean, you already hunt down and enslave innocent creatures for the purpose of pitting them in fights to the death, how much darker can it be? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

xD 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

7 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I mean, you already hunt down and enslave innocent creatures for the purpose of pitting them in fights to the death, how much darker can it be? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

xD 

You forgot the part where the loser has to give up their money too. This is straight up robbery, lol. 

Just now, MageTank said:

You forgot the part where the loser has to give up their money too. This is straight up robbery, lol. 

oh yeah! xD 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

5 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

So they're finally upping production to 1,000 units?

Remove two zeros. Then we'll have Nintendo's increased production queue.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, MageTank said:

No, you're just borrowing money from them, without asking and without intent on paying them back. Totally different.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

No, you're just borrowing money from them, without asking and without intent on paying them back. Totally different.

I am just thankful Pokecenters have free healthcare. Imagine being robbed AND charged to heal your pokemon. I'd never leave town, lol.