Fun unblocked sites for school and dumb bans

Jskn

Why not start a thread? My school recently got rid of our only way to do anything not educational during class, puffin browser. All the other browsers don't tunnel and block any game, unblocked game site, forums (except this one idk why) and YouTube. We recently had a earbud rule put in where the school can confiscate ear buds and not give them back. Anything deep down in the internet that might not be blocked?  Sites like cool and hooda math are blocked. 

8 minutes ago, Jskn said:

the school can confiscate ear buds and not give them back.

Slightly off topic, but I'm pretty sure that's not allowed.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

25 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

It probably isn't. The rule says that they are confiscated and sent to the school store. I heard lots of stories of kids not getting them back soooo 

28 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

Totally is if they're not allowed in school.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

It's a private school and I'm guessing the ones that never got them back was cuz of this one teacher who hates everyone. She won't even accept a doctors note and a pass back to class. 

33 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

In the UK at least, and in lawful terms, confiscation of items must be "proportionate, necessary in a democratic society and in pursuance of a legitimate aim". Responses such as destroying or permanently confiscating the item are classed as unproportionate responses, even if the school rules explicitly state that the item is not allowed in school. I don't know anything about the American laws on this, though.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

16 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

In the UK at least, and in lawful terms, confiscation of items must be "proportionate, necessary in a democratic society and in pursuance of a legitimate aim". Responses such as destroying or permanently confiscating the item are classed as unproportionate responses, even if the school rules explicitly state that the item is not allowed in school. I don't know anything about the American laws on this, though.

Just saying, an angry teacher has no rules anymore 

3 minutes ago, Jskn said:

Just saying, an angry teacher has no rules anymore 

This is the problem. Kids seem to think that teachers are above breaking the law to deal with a student, which is not the case. Students should make sure that they know what teachers are and are not allowed to do, and should say something if they know a teacher has overstepped their bounds.

6 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

This is the problem. Kids seem to think that teachers are above breaking the law to deal with a student, which is not the case. Students should make sure that they know what teachers are and are not allowed to do, and should say something if they know a teacher has overstepped their bounds.

You can only do so much. In fact a teacher just yelled at a kid 5 minutes ago for standing in the middle of the class. It was called for tho so that's fine. They aren't above the law, but teachers can be a dean's pet and get favored. Or everyone who knows the person ( including the principal) is afraid of them. 

Our school banned their own website, and the school district site. For some reason they also banned Bing, Yahoo and Intel ARK.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

4 minutes ago, JDE said:

Our school banned their own website, and the school district site. For some reason they also banned Bing, Yahoo and Intel ARK.

lol 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

On 3/17/2017 at 11:24 AM, Jskn said:

We recently had a earbud rule put in where the school can confiscate ear buds and not give them back.

Have your earbuds confiscated, sue them for millions in damages. Because it's theft. Yes you are not allowed to bring them, but they are also not allowed to keep your property indefinitely.(and certainly not destroy them)

They should be giving them back at the end of the day and tell you not to bring them back. If you do bring them back, they should be contacting your parents. THAT is how proper "confiscating rules" work. Not just "we take your stuff and never give it back.".

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

On 3/17/2017 at 0:01 PM, AlwaysFSX said:

You can not deprive any one of Life, Liberty or Property with out Due process of the law. Thats what the constitution says so thats the law. Technically they should call a parent to pick of the students property. Legally the school could be held liable for items not returned to students. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

18 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

You can not deprive any one of Life, Liberty or Property with out Due process of the law. Thats what the constitution says so thats the law. Technically they should call a parent to pick of the students property. Legally the school could be held liable for items not returned to students. 

The constitution applies to those with money for a good lawyer?

Try assessing your fifth amendment to a cop. (Don't)

Try to bear arms in California! v.v Possible, but so many laws and restrictions.

Not going to comment on whether it's actually allowed or not because I have no idea, but that earbud business is at the least not cool. And can you use a VPN? I host my own from home to get around the internet filter at my school.

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

7 minutes ago, WindirBear said:

Try to bear arms in California! v.v Possible, but so many laws and restrictions.

The constitution apply to all period. 

Technically speaking a cop if he is arresting you has to inform you of your 5th amendment rights. And yes you dont have to speak to the police if you are being question for a crime. Also I think you mean the fourth amendment, which is the right to protect yourself for unreasonable searches. Now that one is a little sticky, as they will violate that to their hearts content. But if they do violate your 4th amendment  rights, you tell the judge and what ever evidence they have is thrown out. *Fun fact: Only the Government has to abide by 4th amendment protections. Private employees dont, a little fact I learned in my HR course. Which means if you work for a government agency, they technically have to have a court order to conduct any searches of your person or property. 

The US Supreme Court stated that the right to bear arms is a individual right. But you dont have the right to buy military grade weapons and walk around with them. The right to own a weapon and have it in your home is protected. The right to carry a weapon outside your home is up to the states. Which I feel is reasonable. If you dont like California law then move. Because even if California has restrictions, they cant outright ban all guns, which they haven't. Because the last I checked JayZTwocents has an AR-15. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 minute ago, Donut417 said:

The constitution apply to all period. 

Technically speaking a cop if he is arresting you has to inform you of your 5th amendment rights. And yes you dont have to speak to the police if you are being question for a crime. Also I think you mean the fourth amendment, which is the right to protect yourself for unreasonable searches. Now that one is a little sticky, as they will violate that to their hearts content. But if they do violate your 4th amendment  rights, you tell the judge and what ever evidence they have is thrown out. *Fun fact: Only the Government has to abide by 4th amendment protections. Private employees dont, a little fact I learned in my HR course. Which means if you work for a government agency, they technically have to have a court order to conduct any searches of your person or property. 

The US Supreme Court stated that the right to bear arms is a individual right. But you dont have the right to buy military grade weapons and walk around with them. The right to own a weapon and have it in your home is protected. The right to carry a weapon outside your home is up to the states. Which I feel is reasonable. If you dont like California law then move. Because even if California has restrictions, they cant outright ban all guns, which they haven't. Because the last I checked JayZTwocents has an AR-15. 

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The AR-15s have to be featureless now

10 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Have your earbuds confiscated, sue them for millions in damages. Because it's theft. Yes you are not allowed to bring them, but they are also not allowed to keep your property indefinitely.(and certainly not destroy them)

They should be giving them back at the end of the day and tell you not to bring them back. If you do bring them back, they should be contacting your parents. THAT is how proper "confiscating rules" work. Not just "we take your stuff and never give it back.".

8 hours ago, WindirBear said:

Those are just stories so they May be exaggerated or they just never got them from the office

7 hours ago, Spork829 said:

Not going to comment on whether it's actually allowed or not because I have no idea, but that earbud business is at the least not cool. And can you use a VPN? I host my own from home to get around the internet filter at my school.

If we have a Vpn, it's either a suspension or Saturday school. 

11 hours ago, Speedyv said:

We used to play this at school lol

http://jpriest.com/

Hit flash games on the left. 

We have iPads and can't download or delete things

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

5 minutes ago, Jskn said:

Why thank you

Seriously though, what kind of sites are you looking for?

And as far as I understood, no Flash available?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/