American Universities (i looking to go from uk)

Bingbing10

so i am currently in my last year of high school and i am really looking at studying abroad for university since it gives you a chance to experience something different instead of living in the UK all your life.

I am looking to study law at uni and then go on to learn to become a Barrister , i am just thinking where are some good places to look at studying to ? ( i am currently a straight A/A* student ) i am looking at somewhere where i will get a good education whilst getting to fully experience a different part of life 

plus i currently play for a Football/soccer Academy ( playing against teams like Chelsea fc , Manchester united/city etc) so i would also hope to play for university football/soccer team. 

to clarify i am not looking to go straight to university from High school , i am looking into this stuff early so i can spend time looking at all the options 

AMD FX-8350 II ASUS R9-20x DCU2 TOP II Fractal Design R4 II Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD II Gigabyte 990FXA UD-3 II 8GB Corsair XMS II Cooler Master Seidon 120mm II ACER H236HL Monitor II Corsair K70 II Razer Deathadder II Kinect II 

Go check out my Build Log for my "Home Made Gaming POD"

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/83872-home-made-gaming-pod-build-log/

so i am currently in my last year of high school and i am really looking at studying abroad for university since it gives you a chance to experience something different instead of living in the UK all your life.

I am looking to study law at uni and then go on to learn to become a Barrister , i am just thinking where are some good places to look at studying to ? ( i am currently a straight A/A* student ) i am looking at somewhere where i will get a good education whilst getting to fully experience a different part of life 

plus i currently play for a Football/soccer Academy ( playing against teams like Chelsea fc , Manchester united/city etc) so i would also hope to play for university football/soccer team.

Bitches love the brits

Bitches love the brits

I can confirm as I know American females that have a desire for that British touch.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

You will gets tons of. It he's man

You're looking to go straight from Secondary School to University?

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

You will gets tons of. It he's man

it he's man ? but ive currently been looking at universities in California such as stanford ... plus my parents are going to incorporate a holiday into going around america to look at uni's

AMD FX-8350 II ASUS R9-20x DCU2 TOP II Fractal Design R4 II Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD II Gigabyte 990FXA UD-3 II 8GB Corsair XMS II Cooler Master Seidon 120mm II ACER H236HL Monitor II Corsair K70 II Razer Deathadder II Kinect II 

Harvard law. I hear that schools alright...

That standard is a bit too high

it he's man ? but ive currently been looking at universities in California such as stanford ... plus my parents are going to incorporate a holiday into going around america to look at uni's

Auto correct lol

Stanford Yale Harvard and MIT are top notch and you'll get tons of kitty

You're looking to go straight from Secondary School to University?

no thats why i am saying this now so i can serious start looking and not just rush stuff :) 

That standard is a bit too high

Apparently my sarcasm did not translate via the interenet... But that is the only prominent law school I'm familiar with.

no thats why i am saying this now so i can serious start looking and not just rush stuff :)

OK so you're looking for a University to join in two years?  You might want to leave it at least a year then start looking.  Are you planning to go to a Sixth Form or College for the next two years?

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Auto correct lol

yeh im not really looking to go to some really posh university - i got invited by Cambridge and Oxford to go there for a trip as i was in like the top 1 percent of my year or something like that ....... but i didn't really feel like it was the place for me and that's when it sparked in my head at looking abroad  

yeh im not really looking to go to some really posh university - i got invited by Cambridge and Oxford to go there for a trip as i was in like the top 1 percent of my year or something like that ....... but i didn't really feel like it was the place for me and that's when it sparked in my head at looking abroad

And if you don't want women you can find a nice big black man to protect you

OK so you're looking for a University to join in two years?  You might want to leave it at least a year then start looking.  Are you planning to go to a Sixth Form or College for the next two years?

yes i am in the process of choosing A-levels now - but with something big like going to a different country for education i felt it would need a bit more research than the usual research for UK uni

Here's a decent website.

Personally I'd try to find one that's small, going to a big University like Yale or Harvard can be intimidating. 

yeh as i saying to the reply below i didnt really feel comfortable when i visited Oxford and Cambridge 

Auto correct lol

And if you don't want women you can find a nice big black man to protect you

sorry to say but im not gay  :D  :P

Presumably you know how much more expensive it is over there than here? You'll need to find some kind of scholarship or something to cover the expenses; idk if there's any kind of student loan system there but I highly doubt it. Even if there is you'll be looking at borrowing twice as much as you would be here at least, and there's likely to be interest on top of that.

Not saying you shouldn't go, just saying it needs to be considered.

Presumably you know how much more expensive it is over there than here? You'll need to find some kind of scholarship or something to cover the expenses; idk if there's any kind of student loan system there but I highly doubt it. Even if there is you'll be looking at borrowing twice as much as you would be here at least, and there's likely to be interest on top of that.

Not saying you shouldn't go, just saying it needs to be considered.

yeh thats why i am looking into everything so early as theres a lot to be considered + i am not definitely set on going to the US as its just an option at the moment. Plus since i currently play a high level of football in the UK ( cant disclose the team sorry some weird Privacy agreement thing) all i can tell you is what teams I play. However i would be looking at playin football/soccer over there as (no disrespects) but US highest standard of football/soccer is like league 1 level over here , just like basketball standards in the US are next to none when it compares to the UK

yeh thats why i am looking into everything so early as theres a lot to be considered + i am not definitely set on going to the US as its just an option at the moment. Plus since i currently play a high level of football in the UK ( cant disclose the team sorry some weird Privacy agreement thing) all i can tell you is what teams I play. However i would be looking at playin football/soccer over there as (no disrespects) but US highest standard of football/soccer is like league 1 level over here , just like basketball standards in the US are next to none when it compares to the UK

Yeah, I applied to a medical school in Grenada and got a place but decided not to take it. Accepted a place here instead on account of it being less than half the price, easier to finance (student loan with next to no interest) and only 250 miles from home instead of 3000. The place I applied to was basically an American institution for all intents and purposes which is why I mention it.

Yeah, I applied to a medical school in Grenada and got a place but decided not to take it. Accepted a place here instead on account of it being less than half the price, easier to finance (student loan with next to no interest) and only 250 miles from home instead of 3000. The place I applied to was basically an American institution for all intents and purposes which is why I mention it.

yeh same principles. obviously it does sound like a really good idea in concept , but really i may not be - however i just want to experience something different than going to places i already know and that :) 

So basically, you're in upper sixth or Year 11? And you want to go to America.

The first thing I'd do is look at the course they're offering you. If it's a bollocks course, don't waste your time.

Secondarily to that, you need to inquire about the actual Uni you want to go to and see their facilities etc.

Next, you have to visit that place, the best ones generally are in Boston, Massachusetts and New Haven, Connecticut (MIT, Harvard, Yale etc). Travel for a return flight is usually £600>

Then, apply for the place. US applications to Unis cost money unlike here in Sunny Britain.

At the end of the day, unless you're completely minted or you are under some kind of bursary scheme, getting there is nigh on impossible.

I'd just go to one in Britain. You can drink here when you're 18, unlike when your 21 in the US. Night life is great and there are 3 of the best Universities in the world here, Durham, Cambridge and Oxford.

What is wrong with Oxbridge?

Compatible with Windows 95

There are some top notch schools in California that are off the general map. Pomona Colleges http://www.pomona.edu/about/about-pomona/claremont-colleges-consortium.aspx, they are not in the best neighborhood but you're not going there to buy real estate. Also, USD http://www.sandiego.edu/, Pepperdine http://www.pepperdine.edu/.

Then if you want to go somewhere that looks like home or so out of place compared to its city University of Redlands http://www.redlands.edu/, lastly if all goes wrong http://www.humboldt.edu/ or http://www.csuchico.edu/

Forgot, if you want to play soccer, stay in the UK, there is no such thing over here as much as it may be forced down kids throats its still a 4th level sport, sorry but its the truth.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Your school (if it has a sixth form) will have a UCAS officer who can help you alot better than anything we may be able to say. If your school currently doesn't have a sixth form, ask your tutor for advice / visit the career office. 

My advice would just be to reiterate what others have said - do alot of research and find a Uni that suits you; go to as many open days here as you can to make sure not one tempts you before jumping on a plane and visiting the US/Canada. I have a friend who is currently at Uni in the US so i will ask him what living costs are like for him (bear in mind he is not in a city so won't be representative of your experience).