Jump to content
venedikli

Best Curved Monitor for watching movie

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

hello guys im looking for a curved monitor 21:9

while i was researching, i found a couple of monitors. LG 38UC99 and 34UC98, Asus MX38VQ and MX34VQ

i have lots of free space on my desk. so i can try to found best monitor. it could be 34 or 38 inch. i just wanna buy the best. 

My first criterion is picture,color,display quality. Hz,refresh rate etc.. doesnt matter much more because i dont play games much more.

I edit photos, videos and watch movies all the time.

 

Can u please give me the best advice? Thank u all for now

Link to post
Share on other sites

is there a reason why you would pick a curved monitor rather than a regular monitor? 

 

3 hours ago, venedikli said:

if any other monitor better than these, can u advice that monitor?

i'm guessing you want an ultrawide? 

what resolution? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 18.03.2017 at 4:30 AM, Technicolors said:

is there a reason why you would pick a curved monitor rather than a regular monitor? 

 

i'm guessing you want an ultrawide? 

what resolution? 

because ultrawide monitor is very comfortoble and i feel like more inside with ultrawide monitor.

and resolution point is probably 3840x1600 and 21:9 ratio. as much as it possible

Link to post
Share on other sites

What is your budget?

 


CPU: (x2) Xeon X5690

Motherboard: Supermicro X8DTI-F

RAM: 48Gb (12x4gb) server ddr3

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB

Case: NZXT S340

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb and a 2Tb HDD

PSU: XFX 750W PRO Black Edition

Display(s): 24" Acer G246HL and an older dell screen

Cooling: Noctua NH-U12DXi4 and a Noctua NH-U9DXi4

Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB MX Browns

Mouse: Logitech G600

Sound: Sennheiser HD558; Sound card:Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX 5.1 Sound Card with 600 ohm Headphone Amp

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, venedikli said:

max 2000$

Probably any of the four that you listed would be fine for photo editing and movies. The lg 38uc99 is probably the best but the 34uc98 is probably just as good in most uses. It is a little bit less expensive and a lot of people probably couldn't tell the difference. The 98 does't seem to have speakers but the 99 and both the asus ones do if that is a concern.


CPU: (x2) Xeon X5690

Motherboard: Supermicro X8DTI-F

RAM: 48Gb (12x4gb) server ddr3

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB

Case: NZXT S340

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb and a 2Tb HDD

PSU: XFX 750W PRO Black Edition

Display(s): 24" Acer G246HL and an older dell screen

Cooling: Noctua NH-U12DXi4 and a Noctua NH-U9DXi4

Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB MX Browns

Mouse: Logitech G600

Sound: Sennheiser HD558; Sound card:Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX 5.1 Sound Card with 600 ohm Headphone Amp

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, WhisperingKnickers said:

Probably any of the four that you listed would be fine for photo editing and movies. The lg 38uc99 is probably the best but the 34uc98 is probably just as good in most uses. It is a little bit less expensive and a lot of people probably couldn't tell the difference. The 98 does't seem to have speakers but the 99 and both the asus ones do if that is a concern.

if the lg 38uc99 is the best ultra wide monitor i will buy it. but if i wait little bit more and i get better monitor i would choose to wait. What do u say about that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, venedikli said:

if the lg 38uc99 is the best ultra wide monitor i will buy it. but if i wait little bit more and i get better monitor i would choose to wait. What do u say about that?

Right now it is probably the best in most categories. You could probably find one that is the same size for much less money but not with all of the features that the 38uc99 has. LG pretty much went all out on it and if you have the budget for it then it is a safe buy you probably won't find anything better for a few months at least. Ultrawides are getting more popular and there will probably be more available before too long but I would guess that it would be lower end ones for people who want to game on them on a budget.

 

Like you mentioned you don't really need it for gaming so the gaming ones that will come out won't really matter for you. With it already having a 60hz refresh rate (75 with freesync) it will be fine for when you do occasionally game.

 

I don't feel completely comfortable recommending for someone to buy something as expensive as this is but if I had a $2000 budget for a monitor I personally would probably get the LG 38uc99-w


CPU: (x2) Xeon X5690

Motherboard: Supermicro X8DTI-F

RAM: 48Gb (12x4gb) server ddr3

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB

Case: NZXT S340

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb and a 2Tb HDD

PSU: XFX 750W PRO Black Edition

Display(s): 24" Acer G246HL and an older dell screen

Cooling: Noctua NH-U12DXi4 and a Noctua NH-U9DXi4

Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB MX Browns

Mouse: Logitech G600

Sound: Sennheiser HD558; Sound card:Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX 5.1 Sound Card with 600 ohm Headphone Amp

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
41 minutes ago, WhisperingKnickers said:

Right now it is probably the best in most categories. You could probably find one that is the same size for much less money but not with all of the features that the 38uc99 has. LG pretty much went all out on it and if you have the budget for it then it is a safe buy you probably won't find anything better for a few months at least. Ultrawides are getting more popular and there will probably be more available before too long but I would guess that it would be lower end ones for people who want to game on them on a budget.

 

Like you mentioned you don't really need it for gaming so the gaming ones that will come out won't really matter for you. With it already having a 60hz refresh rate (75 with freesync) it will be fine for when you do occasionally game.

 

I don't feel completely comfortable recommending for someone to buy something as expensive as this is but if I had a $2000 budget for a monitor I personally would probably get the LG 38uc99-w

thank u so much so i will buy it :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×