Help finding an android emulator

x Princess Leliana x
Just now, L.Lawliet said:

Well i actually didnt pay for them.. i just let the ads showed up and it didnt bother me at all as i said before u dont have to close it in order to continue..

Because most of the android emu i've tried are badly optimized and i find bluestack is well optimized and its free with ads or u can pay thats all what i am trying to say.

I cant close it, if i do, it just reopens "install these shitty bloatware apps or pay us". Which I think is bullshit since bluestacks already gives me popups and banner ads on the bottom.

Well i actually didnt pay for them.. i just let the ads showed up and it didnt bother me at all as i said before u dont have to close it in order to continue..

Because most of the android emu i've tried are badly optimized and i find bluestack is well optimized and its free with ads or u can pay thats all what i am trying to say.

In the 21st Century, there is no such thing as free. Yes, you may have some garbage emulator because some kid wanted to make something for whatever reason, poorly crafted due to a lack of programming skills and architectural understanding. Nothing is free. People make money off of garbage advertisements, click bait, and incorrect download links. When I go to a page and there are 3 advertisements that say "Download here", I immediately quit my search.

There are better options that are "free" that are much better. Why are things such as VirtualBox and Android Studio better and free? Because they don't make their money on Joe Blow who is trying to play a game or test out programming in Linux Terminal. They make their big bucks off of corporate support. If I was a developer and wanted to make money from my stuff, a bunch of bull crap advertisements are not the way to go, because all that does is create distrust between you and potential investors/customers.

Somehow i doubt it because there's are tons of apps out there unlike Virtual Box u need to download the updated ISO and then do that hassle again unlike bluestack which will updated on the background.

I am not trying to defend apps like Bluestack i am just saying there are alternative and there are reason on why u need to pay.

Feel free to use anything i didnt pay for bluestack anyway.

"i am not trying to defend bluestacks" THats literally all you've been doing this entire fucking discussion

8 minutes ago, fordaov3rlord said:

oh no I have all that. I just want an emulator to be able to play other games should I want to, and to use a few mobile only apps.

I haven't done much in the way of Android virtualization. I would say give each one a shot and see what you like.

But from the suggestions of @Jamiec1130 and myself, it looks like you're probably going to want to try either

1. VirtualBox method

2. Android x86

3. Android Studios

1 minute ago, L.Lawliet said:

Somehow i doubt it because there's are tons of apps out there unlike Virtual Box u need to download the updated ISO and then do that hassle again unlike bluestack which will updated on the background.

I am not trying to defend apps like Bluestack i am just saying there are alternative and there are reason on why u need to pay.

VirtualBox is fine to use for Android. I don't know why you feel that it is complete trash. It is VERY well known software, and the Android X86 project has been a long standing testament to how good it is. Why else would people use VBox with Android?

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Just now, Ryujin2003 said:

I haven't done much in the way of Android virtualization. I would say give each one a shot and see what you like.

But from the suggestions of @Jamiec1130 and myself, it looks like you're probably going to want to try either

1. VirtualBox method

2. Android x86

3. Android Studios

Can you give me another recap of how to do the first two? in the meantime ill try AS

1 minute ago, Ryujin2003 said:

1. VirtualBox method

2. Android x86

3. Android Studios

Android X86 can be installed using VBox or on a separate partition of your hard disk. 

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

2 minutes ago, L.Lawliet said:

You can use whatever malware/bloatware programs on your own device. I will choose the "inconvenience" of having to download an ISO, deal with the "hassle" of setting it up, and enjoy the comfort of knowing exactly what is on my PC.

If you are not defending "apps like Bluestack", then let it go. OP already stated not wanting to use that option, so stop pushing it worse than a used car salesman during tax season....

I never said that.

and i have use virtual box before..geezz why people on LTT have such short temper

We don't have short tempers, it's the people who advise against things because of one bad experience before and stuff like that. VirtualBox is fine, Android X86 In VirtualBox or native is fine. We'll let the OP choose now. 

1 minute ago, L.Lawliet said:

I already let it go like in the 2nd post of mine its just he keep on bashing..

You clearly didn't read MY post. I'm NOT hating on ads. As I said MANY TIMES. I let the banner ads fly just fine. You also seem to be incompetent so I will spell it out clearly. THERE IS AN UNCLOSABLE POPUP THAT I CANNOT GET RID OF, DEMANDING I PAY MONEY OR DOWNLOAD BLOATWARE. IT IS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BANNER ADS.

Just now, fordaov3rlord said:

Android studio is 5gb? Wtf?

That's why I don't recommend that one. It's meant for developers and such. 

Just now, Jamiec1130 said:

That's why I don't recommend that one. It's meant for developers and such. 

which do you recommend again?

which do you recommend again?

Installing Android X86 into VirtualBox (easier) or onto a hard disk or partition (only slightly harder, but gives better results).

Just now, Jamiec1130 said:

Installing Android X86 into VirtualBox (easier) or onto a hard disk or partition (only slightly harder, but gives better results).

You gave a tutorial on the former back there didnt you?

You gave a tutorial on the former back there didnt you?

Yep. It was basic but it should be decent. If you need more help, Google or PM me. 

13 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

Yep. It was basic but it should be decent. If you need more help, Google or PM me. 

Couldnt find the virtual machine for AS, so im uninstalling that one and trying the other method haha

26 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

No idea how to do a hard drive partition or whatever. So I tried nox, that one is also a compelte piece of shit, constantly downloading a shit ton of bloatware apps. What the fuck is wrong with all these emulators?! IS THERE NO EMULATOR THAT JUST LETS YOU FUCKING USE ANDROID?!"

2 hours ago, Jamiec1130 said:

It is free virtualization software. Here's how to get and install it:

1: Google VirtualBox and download it.

2: Go HERE and download what version of Android you want (should get you an ISO).

3: Install Android on a virtual hard drive (not hard to setup).

4: Android should run when you start the virtual machine. 

pmed you, need a bit of a hand

3 hours ago, fordaov3rlord said:

It is a ransom. They already have a shit ton of ads EVERYWHERE.  I can only excuse you're a devloper of the app if you're defending them like that, in which case, go fuck yourself.

Go back to Reddit

Behold the power of Chuck Norris the forbidden one.