Outlast 2 banned in Australia

Ezio Auditore

Original article

Outlast 2 has been refused classification in Australia so it won't release here.

Though there is some possibility provided Red Barrels, the dev, deems it worthy.

The Board's report noted that the game would potentially be considered for an R18+ rating "without the depiction of implied sexual violence."

The scenes because of which Outlast 2 was denied classification can be read in Kotaku's article but note that it is not suitable for 'all audiences' which is also the reason why I am not quoting it.

Australia is also notorious for banning certain games like:

many significant games have been banned in the country. Fallout 3 was initially banned in 2008 for portraying morphine to have a positive effect on the player, which encouraged Bethesda to rename the drug "Med-X" in all versions of the game. Since the instatement of the R18+ rating for video games, titles that have been refused classification include Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number, Hatred, and South Park: The Stick of Truth, although South Park's offending content was eventually humorously edited for the region.

Outlast 2 which was originally supposed to release at the end of 2016 was delayed until April but it seems that our Australian counterparts might not be able to play it, Legally that is.

Please quote me so that I know that you have replied unless it is my own topic.

After reading Kotaku's article I can see why. Then again I'm all for people taking responsibility for their actions, so I think they should release it under R18+ but with some warning attached.

Murphy's Law: "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong"

17 minutes ago, Ezio Auditore said:

Original article

Outlast 2 has been refused classification in Australia so it won't release here.

Though there is some possibility provided Red Barrels, the dev, deems it worthy.

The scenes because of which Outlast 2 was denied classification can be read in Kotaku's article but note that it is not suitable for 'all audiences' which is also the reason why I am not quoting it.

Australia is also notorious for banning certain games like:

Outlast 2 which was originally supposed to release at the end of 2016 was delayed until April but it seems that our Australian counterparts might not be able to play it, Legally that is.

Doesn't suprise me at all. After all we banned Postal and Postal 2 and more. Welcome to australia!

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

2 minutes ago, Rika Shiguma said:

Doesn't suprise me at all. After all we banned Postal and Postal 2 and more. Welcome to australia!

I loved Postal 2. It was the best game I played when I was 9 years old. I learned a lot about life from it and how useful cats can be.

Don't they have anything better to do rather than blaming game violence again? (I haven't read the Kotaku article but I guess it is the same shit as always).

7 minutes ago, WereCat said:

I loved Postal 2. It was the best game I played when I was 9 years old. I learned a lot about life from it and how useful cats can be.

Don't they have anything better to do rather than blaming game violence again? (I haven't read the Kotaku article but I guess it is the same shit as always).

yo, we banned saints row 3 or 4 too

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

6 minutes ago, Rika Shiguma said:

yo, we banned saints row 3 or 4 too

what about movies?

23 minutes ago, WereCat said:

there is some logic. I mean, come on mate, whole country out ta kill us. Now ye want em young buggers rannin around shootin people with cat silencers? crikey

10 minutes ago, Prysin said:

there is some logic. I mean, come on mate, whole country out ta kill us. Now ye want em young buggers rannin around shootin people with cat silencers? crikey

Mate, What you said was like, dumb we dont have guns you fucking dick now GO BACK TO YOUR GUN FILLED COUNTRY MATE!

(sorry i let my aussie side get out)

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

4 minutes ago, Rika Shiguma said:

Mate, What you said was like, dumb we dont have guns you fucking dick now GO BACK TO YOUR GUN FILLED COUNTRY MATE!

(sorry i let my aussie side get out)

sure mate, aint na guns. bat slingshots an funnelwebs works fine mate. If ya unsure if it worked ya can toss a drop bear into the mix.

Just now, Prysin said:

sure mate, aint na guns. bat slingshots an funnelwebs works fine mate. If ya unsure if it worked ya can toss a drop bear into the mix.

mate, funnelwebs are like, mainly around sydney. slingshots? Er hello. It's the modern days mate. we HAVE "BB" guns (airsoft guns) But they're illegal too. I don't think they're illegal in northern territory.

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

3 minutes ago, Rika Shiguma said:

mate, funnelwebs are like, mainly around sydney. slingshots? Er hello. It's the modern days mate. we HAVE "BB" guns (airsoft guns) But they're illegal too. I don't think they're illegal in northern territory.

aint nothing illegal till you get caught

Just now, Prysin said:

aint nothing illegal till you get caught

Say that infront of a aus cop.

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

50 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Don't they have anything better to do rather than blaming game violence again? 

Don't think so, but banning fallout 3.........Its too much. 

Please quote me so that I know that you have replied unless it is my own topic.

ahahahah, feels good to have a nice joke from time to time 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Eh I understand somewhat but they should just put a big implied sexual violence warning sticker on it and call it a day.

Warnings and ratings do next to nothing because there's nothing controlling things on the user's end, except parents. And we all know, some parents don't pay attention or control what content their children take in (when the very well should). So I totally understand why they did this. After reading the article, I don't understand why there's a need to make a game with such content. I have Outlast and played through some of it for the thrill/suspense factor, but this I think, is over the line. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Gotta love how the Australien state considers their own population utter children, incapable of making their own decisions. Because censorship is always a good idea #northkoreadidnothingwrong.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

13 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

So I totally understand why they did this.

Personal responsibility is a thing though. Why should content be blocked because some parents can't be bothered to be responsible for their own children?

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

Personal responsibility is a thing though. 

Parent's should be responsible with their under-aged kids, but many aren't. 

Children and minors cannot be trusted to be responsible on their own (in general). ;) 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

4 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

Parent's should be responsible with their under-aged kids, but many aren't. 

Children and minors cannot be trusted to be responsible on their own (in general). ;) 

That doesn't make it right to censor content. No child can just go to a store and buy a rated M game, hell, I'm 22 and I still get ID'd going into a rated R movie. So if the parents don't care enough to stop their children from using their credit card and buying the game online, then that is a choice that they decided to make.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

26 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

That doesn't make it right to censor content. No child can just go to a store and buy a rated M game, hell, I'm 22 and I still get ID'd going into a rated R movie. So if the parents don't care enough to stop their children from using their credit card and buying the game online, then that is a choice that they decided to make.

I agree with you. I'm just saying I understand why they banned it. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

56 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

Warnings and ratings do next to nothing because there's nothing controlling things on the user's end, except parents. And we all know, some parents don't pay attention or control what content their children take in (when the very well should). So I totally understand why they did this. After reading the article, I don't understand why there's a need to make a game with such content. I have Outlast and played through some of it for the thrill/suspense factor, but this I think, is over the line. 

At the end of the day, the game is pure fiction. And the onus is not on anyone else except the parents as to what games their kids are allowed to play.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Wait. This doesn't matter anyway due to online distribution. So so much for it being banned - because you can't ban digital media in this day and age.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Good luck banning something on the internet Australia...