Ryzen's Infinity Fabric Clock Speed is Linked to Memory Clock Speed... Might Explain Why Memory OCs Make a Noticeable Impact in Performance on Ryzen?

1 hour ago, PocketNerd said:

So, long story short, pair Ryzen with the fastest RAM you can get. Gotcha.

Yes, but also no, since Ryzen's IMC doesn't see, to be as strong as Intel's. The highest I've seen anyone get to is 3600 MHz and 3000 or so is what I see most people at.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

On 3/16/2017 at 8:22 PM, Belgarathian said:

They're a 2+2 arrangement, and hex-core are 3+3. 

Sorry to disappoint. 

This is a little late to the party and off topic, but doesn't that also mean there are chances to win the binning lotto like with Phenom II?

Remember Unlocking the x2 into an x4 and slamming it into the thermal wall? A return to those days would be super good value on r3 and r5

Also, I find this whole "It need faster RAM" really reminiscent of the Phenom II and the need to overclock the CPUNB To actually get a good OC. So to me this is sorta a "Duh?" Moment.

On 3/16/2017 at 9:41 PM, NumLock21 said:

Hmm... similar to their APUs, where it benefits from faster clock ram. Faster the better for their igpu.

...Those AYYMD Geniuses... HBM as your system memory integrated onto the CPU to almost ignore the fact that they are 2 ccx's

I'm not really serious, but would make things super interesting

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

8 minutes ago, Mothballs said:

This is a little late to the party and off topic, but doesn't that also mean there are chances to win the binning lotto like with Phenom II?

Remember Unlocking the x2 into an x4 and slamming it into the thermal wall? A return to those days would be super good value on r3 and r5

Also, I find this whole "It need faster RAM" really reminiscent of the Phenom II and the need to overclock the CPUNB To actually get a good OC. So to me this is sorta a "Duh?" Moment.

One would imagine AMD have tried their best to ensure that people won't be able to enable the locked cores. Then again they sold 4GB RX 480's that could be unlocked to 8GB, so who knows. It will be exciting if that happens again.

1 hour ago, DrMikeNZ said:

One would imagine AMD have tried their best to ensure that people won't be able to enable the locked cores. Then again they sold 4GB RX 480's that could be unlocked to 8GB, so who knows. It will be exciting if that happens again.

One would have thought that back in the AM3 Era as well. Buuut: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19Ms49ip5PBB7nYnf5urxsySvH-Sdy6liE2EBDaB8b54/edit#gid=0

Hopefully history repeats, especially with the fact that they are all based on a single CCX design. I look forwards to seeing.

This is pretty interesting.

With the post-launch bios updates, and one of the recent Windows updates, ryzen seems to get some huge performance gains through faster ram.  To the point it largely doesn't care about latency, and you should just chase the highest ram speed you can get.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

49 minutes ago, Phate.exe said:

With the post-launch bios updates, and one of the recent Windows updates, ryzen seems to get some huge performance gains through faster ram.  To the point it largely doesn't care about latency, and you should just chase the highest ram speed you can get.

There is no such thing as a CPU that doesn't care about ram latency. Even your GPU's care about latency depending on the setup (SLI and Crossfire being the most noticeable). 

Besides, this guys methodology won't show you anything about latency. Just because the 3600 kit has C16, doesn't mean the 3200 C14 kit has lower latency. In fact, assuming tertiary timings remain exactly the same, the 3600 kit will have almost identical latency as the 3200 C14 kit, while maintaining a bandwidth advantage. 

Trust me, latency does matter. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

10 minutes ago, MageTank said:

There is no such thing as a CPU that doesn't care about ram latency. Even your GPU's care about latency depending on the setup (SLI and Crossfire being the most noticeable). 

Besides, this guys methodology won't show you anything about latency. Just because the 3600 kit has C16, doesn't mean the 3200 C14 kit has lower latency. In fact, assuming tertiary timings remain exactly the same, the 3600 kit will have almost identical latency as the 3200 C14 kit, while maintaining a bandwidth advantage. 

Trust me, latency does matter. 

Derp.  Blanked that the while the C16 kit is waiting more cycles than the C14 kit, the cycles are shorter due to the higher frequency.  I'll freely admit that RAM is probably the component I know the least about, and I haven't really fiddled with it much on any of my machines.  Ryzen being so memory bandwidth bound has grabbed my attention though.

I suppose a better way to phase that would be that Ryzen seems to greatly reward memory/IF speed above all else, at least for games. Also the latencies being so close has me curious curious if ryzen can more or less only handle a certain latency, and there is more in it at higher CL values.

Again, RAM noob here.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

Just now, Phate.exe said:

Also the latencies being so close has me curious curious if ryzen can more or less only handle a certain latency, and there is more in it at higher CL values.

Again, RAM noob here.

Extremely unlikely. Rather than it being an issue with it "being able to handle a certain latency",  it's mostly an issue with it handling very specific timings. AMD has come out and officially stated that 2DPC is an issue, and multi-rank sticks are an issue. This means that all _DD and all _DR timings are automatically too stressful for the IMC, or if my theory holds true... directly involved in the stability of the IF itself. That second part is entirely my theory, and I have no evidence to back that claim, so don't let that impact your thoughts at all.

My theory, in a more complicated sense, has everything to do with RTL (Round Trip Latency) and IO-L offset training. Understand, your RTL is automatically adjusted the moment you touch clock speed, primary timings, and especially command rate. Notice how AMD forces you to use a command rate of 1? This means RTL's are already tight (low command rate = lower round trip latency no matter what). With RTL's being so tight as a result of CR1 being forced, it makes sense as to why higher clock speeds don't exactly work well. Let's be honest, I can't get my ram to run beyond 3200mhz with CR1 using "normal" vDIMM (1.4175v). Factor in the primary timings being loose (or extremely difficult to tighten without compromising speeds due to poor auto-tertiary training), and the puzzles start to fall into place for me. It seems AMD neglected to provide these tertiary timings to the end-user simply because touching them (if my theory about the IF being linked to RTL is true) would end in disaster for everything attached to the IF, which appears to be almost everything.

For those of you that want to test how extremely sensitive, and impactful RTL is, go try to lower it by one number. Chances are, you won't even post. If by some miracle you do post, go open up Aida64, and pay attention to how poorly the rest of your timings trained as a result. Poor RTL training will absolutely destroy your bandwidth and latency, and be the most difficult thing to make stable if you don't know what you are doing. There is no magic formula to figure it out either, it's all directly tied to IMC quality, trace topology quality, IC quality, and old fashion luck. The only real formula we have regarding RTL, is one that prevents it from training beyond a specific threshold. RTL Init = IO-L + IO-L Offset + tCL (x2) +10. This RTL Init value will prevent RTL's from training out of control when trying to tighten them manually.

I feel like I've droned on far too long again, so I'll stop now. 

9 hours ago, Phate.exe said:

Even with Kabylake having superior IPC, and a 1GHz advantage it's matched and beaten by Ryzen now. :o

I'm extremely excited for the Ryzen R5 line up now. 4c/8t for under $200, clock it to 4Ghz, and get high speed RAM and you have a 7700K at 5Ghz essentially.

RAM and CPU 1400/1500X ( plus Wraith cooler) for nearly the same cost as the 7700K.

Those minimums are 0.1% and 1% lows as well. Ryzen coming in with amazing minimums to averages, which means a far smoother gameplay experience.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

1 hour ago, Valentyn said:

Even with Kabylake having superior IPC, and a 1GHz advantage it's matched and beaten by Ryzen now. :o

I'm extremely excited for the Ryzen R5 line up now. 4c/8t for under $200, clock it to 4Ghz, and get high speed RAM and you have a 7700K at 5Ghz essentially.

RAM and CPU 1400/1500X ( plus Wraith cooler) for nearly the same cost as the 7700K.

Those minimums are 0.1% and 1% lows as well. Ryzen coming in with amazing minimums to averages, which means a far smoother gameplay experience.

What about us who don't overclock and use 2133 MHz ram (i have a feeling that i5 6400 would be better in that case)? ;_; Anyway are there any benchmarks with single channel ram?

So I've seen this post on reddit... @OP - maybe you can update the main post ? 
This is Ryzen OCed to 3.97 with 3600Mhz ram after the windows update :)

tvtkbtb.jpg

43 minutes ago, MyName13 said:

What about us who don't overclock and use 2133 MHz ram (i have a feeling that i5 6400 would be better in that case)? ;_; Anyway are there any benchmarks with single channel ram?

Ryzen supports 2666Mhz as max base. So just get a decent AMD compatible 2666Mhz kit then and you're set. :)

Can't say I've seen single channel tests in years.

12 hours ago, Phate.exe said:

1 hour ago, VanayadGaming said:

So I've seen this post on reddit... @OP - maybe you can update the main post ? 
This is Ryzen OCed to 3.97 with 3600Mhz ram after the windows update :)

tvtkbtb.jpg

Wow really interesting. It looks like Reddit got those pics from that video :D

I'd like to see more testing but it looks like 3600 MHz brings a 4ghz Ryzen CPU VERY close to the 7700k if not beating it in some games. Unfortunately, prices of 3600 MHz RAM are a bit high ATM, though 3200 MHz prices are still pretty reasonable. Will edit into post.

Perhaps Ryzen is pretty suitable for pure gamers as well then... Though I'd like to see more testing from other reviewers before changing my mind but still...

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Valentyn said:

RAM and CPU 1400/1500X ( plus Wraith cooler) for nearly the same cost as the 7700K....

hqdefault.jpg

May want to rein it in and calm your nipples a bit, you're wandering off into lala land.  There's no need for that kind of predicting.  What we need is a lot more data and confirmations.

3 minutes ago, MoonSpot said:

May want to rein it in and calm your nipples a bit, you're wandering off into lala land.  There's no need for that kind of predicting.  What we need is a lot more data and confirmations.

What lalaland? Right there the 4Ghz Ryzen chip with 3600Mhz is doing amazingly well against kabylake at 5Ghz.

The R5's are coming with the wraith cooler, and it'll even allow the 1700 to reach 3.9-4.0Ghz.

A quadcore should also be able to hit that and put out less heat, couple it with 3200-3600Mhz RAM and you have amazingly performance for the value.

Especially since the 1400 comes in at $179 for a 4c/8t CPU, compared to the $350 for the 7700K that doesn't even come with a decent HSF.

Just now, Valentyn said:

What lalaland? Right there the 4Ghz Ryzen chip with 3600Mhz is doing amazingly well against kabylake at 5Ghz.

The R5's are coming with the wraith cooler, and it'll even allow the 1700 to reach 3.9-4.0Ghz.

A quadcore should also be able to hit that and put out less heat, couple it with 3200-3600Mhz RAM and you have amazingly performance for the value.

Especially since the 1400 comes in at $179 for a 4c/8t CPU, compared to the $350 for the 7700K that doesn't even come with a decent HSF.

I'd like to see more than a single source before we call this concrete though. Not only that, but to achieve 3600mhz, you are going to have to use 8gb sticks, and only two of them for a maximum of 16GB. On a platform that supports 64gb, you are seriously crippling it's own features to make it decent. Let's not forget the kits also have to be single rank, which again, makes compatibility a nightmare.

Once you present me with more sources, preferably one that isn't from some random unknown youtuber, I will then take the notion that Ryzen matches Intel in gaming, more seriously. Until then, we have to go with the mountain of evidence showing otherwise. 

3 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

It is only one person though, and they aren't that well known. As well, Ryzen's extra cores could be helping it somewhat here. If I were you I'd still wait and see :) 

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, MageTank said:

I'd like to see more than a single source before we call this concrete though. Not only that, but to achieve 3600mhz, you are going to have to use 8gb sticks, and only two of them for a maximum of 16GB. On a platform that supports 64gb, you are seriously crippling it's own features to make it decent. Let's not forget the kits also have to be single rank, which again, makes compatibility a nightmare.

Once you present me with more sources, preferably one that isn't from some random unknown youtuber, I will then take the notion that Ryzen matches Intel in gaming, more seriously. Until then, we have to go with the mountain of evidence showing otherwise. 

4 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

It is only one person though, and they aren't that well known. As well, Ryzen's extra cores could be helping it somewhat here. If I were you I'd still wait and see :) 

Other places have tested RAM before as well, although it was before we saw speeds averaging 3200MHz+ on many top end motherboards. The performance Ryzen can get is pretty damn nice. And doesn't somehow reduce the amazing value the Ryzen R5's will offer compared to Intel's i7 4c/8t or 4c/4t's which will still cost more.

Considering at launch the Ryzen R7 launch was around 10% slower than Kabylake at 5Ghz; the gap has closed a decent amount, and they just need to sort out the rest of the platform issues to really offer some of the best "bang for buck" systems around.

Here are some of the older tests.

2133Mhz vs 2933Mhz

Just use the built in Chrome translator to see what the Polish think.

In some cases the old averages are the new minimums.

http://www.purepc.pl/procesory/amd_ryzen_r7_1800x_wplyw_taktowania_pamieci_na_wydajnosc

English Legit Reviews.

15FPS increase at 1080p for using 3200Mhz over 2133Mhz in Deus Ex at 1080p

http://www.legitreviews.com/ddr4-memory-scaling-amd-am4-platform-best-memory-kit-amd-ryzen-cpus_192259/4

In Deus Ex: Mankind Divided with the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 discrete desktop graphics card installed in the system we saw a jump in performance between DDR4-2133 and DDR4-3200 by an impressive 16%

2 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

Oh, I get the value and am sold on a ryzen system.  I don't give a flying fuck about 120+FPS, and I am not so delusional as to think that 120+FPS @ 4K is going to even remotely be a thing for me in the next 7-10 years.  Understand you're talking about aggressively overclocking an ENTIRE system JUST for the high fps trophy, the majority of 1700s aren't able to hit 4Ghz on water as of yet to my knowledge.

You're adding up all the preferred fringes and making a very pretty house of cards.  Get more data before sticking to, and propagating those sorts of claims

Just now, Valentyn said:

Other places have tested RAM before as well, although it was before we saw speeds averaging 3200MHz+ on many top end motherboards. The performance Ryzen can get is pretty damn nice. And doesn't somehow reduce the amazing value the Ryzen R5's will offer compared to Intel's i7 4c/8t or 4c/4t's which will still cost more.

Here are some of the older tests.

2133Mhz vs 2933Mhz

Just use the built in Chrome translator to see what the Polish think.

In some cases the old averages are the new minimums.

http://www.purepc.pl/procesory/amd_ryzen_r7_1800x_wplyw_taktowania_pamieci_na_wydajnosc

English Legit Reviews.

15FPS increase at 1080p for using 3200Mhz over 2133Mhz in Deus Ex at 1080p

http://www.legitreviews.com/ddr4-memory-scaling-amd-am4-platform-best-memory-kit-amd-ryzen-cpus_192259/4[/QUOTE]

Not a single person is denying that faster memory helps. We have all said that, and I've even gone into great detail as to why it helps. What we question, is the specific results shown in that video. None of the sources you just provided, compare it against the 7700k (let alone one at 5ghz). I highly doubt the results in your previous video, because it simply looks fake. Even the 2133 results look far too close to Intel's 5ghz 3200mhz result, which is frankly nonsense. Even after factoring in the cherry picking of using titles with engines known to utilize more cores, a 2133mhz Ryzen CPU should not have minimum framerates that close to a 5ghz quad-core with 3200mhz ram. It simply makes no sense, and goes against every other benchmark we've seen thus far.

So. Provide more results from a different source that shows what the video you linked shows. Otherwise, I am going to chalk this up as a failed methodology, or outright misinformation. 

11 minutes ago, MageTank said:

Not a single person is denying that faster memory helps. We have all said that, and I've even gone into great detail as to why it helps. What we question, is the specific results shown in that video. None of the sources you just provided, compare it against the 7700k (let alone one at 5ghz). I highly doubt the results in your previous video, because it simply looks fake. Even the 2133 results look far too close to Intel's 5ghz 3200mhz result, which is frankly nonsense. Even after factoring in the cherry picking of using titles with engines known to utilize more cores, a 2133mhz Ryzen CPU should not have minimum framerates that close to a 5ghz quad-core with 3200mhz ram. It simply makes no sense, and goes against every other benchmark we've seen thus far.

So. Provide more results from a different source that shows what the video you linked shows. Otherwise, I am going to chalk this up as a failed methodology, or outright misinformation. 

I like how you claim it's MY video, when I simply quoted the poster and extracted the numbers to make it easier for people to see.

I'm sure we'll see more numbers come out, as it'll mostly happen when R5's are out. Most big places rarely retest, and we all know that. 

Gamer Nexus, Guru3D and others aren't constantly retesting Ryzen for each BIOS update, some youtubers are.

We'll see then if makes a big difference as shown here.

Let's not forget, that on Launch ryzen at 4Ghz was around 10-15% slower than Kabylake at 5Ghz 1080p We've seen more and more results, come out even from the so called "respected" places that show the gap is closing with platform updates.

Do I think it'll even match it 1-1? Hardly, Kaby has better IPC, and better clocks, but the core count is helping in some games. And when it comes to Ryzen R5 4c/8t, is going to be THE choice for most gamers considering it comes in at under $200.

5 minutes ago, MoonSpot said:

Oh, I get the value and am sold on a ryzen system.  I don't give a flying fuck about 120+FPS, and I am not so delusional as to think that 120+FPS @ 4K is going to even remotely be a thing for me in the next 7-10 years.  Understand you're talking about aggressively overclocking an ENTIRE system JUST for the high fps trophy, the majority of 1700s aren't able to hit 4Ghz on water as of yet to my knowledge.

You're adding up all the preferred fringes and making a very pretty house of cards.  Get more data before sticking to, and propagating those sorts of claims

What claims though? That the 4c/8t Ryzen at 4Ghz with 3200Mhz ram is going to be far better value for any gamer compared to the $350 7700K?

That's going to be a given, and all more and more results show is that Ryzen is gaining more performance for each platform update that comes. Something some reviewers even dismissed :P

2 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

I like how you claim it's MY video, when I simply quoted the poster and extracted the numbers to make it easier for people to see.

I'm sure we'll see more numbers come out, as it'll mostly happen when R5's are out. Most big places rarely retest, and we all know that. 

Gamer Nexus, Guru3D and others aren't constantly retesting Ryzen for each BIOS update, some youtubers are.

We'll see then it makes a big difference as shown here.

Let's not forget, that on Launch ryzen at 4Ghz was around 10-15% slower than Kabylake at 5Ghz 1080p We've seen more and more results, come out even from the so called "respected" places that show the game is closing with platform updates.

Do I think it'll even match it 1-1? Hardly, Kaby has better IPC, and better clocks, but the core count is helping in some games. And when it comes to Ryzen R5 4c/8t, is going to be THE choice for most gamers considering it comes in at under $200.

I never claimed it was your video. I said "in your previous video" in the context of the one you linked. I even went as far as to end it with "the video you linked". Let's not get overly offended by context, friend.

Also, JaysTwoCents is a big youtuber, and he went back to retest different bios updates: 

That 10-15% number was in average framerates, which means very little. The minimums (which you will notice more) were vastly different in the vast majority of titles. Even in titles from that video you linked (which have engines designed to utilize more cores) showed a far different story in favor of Intel. 

You are simply speaking about something you can't possibly know. You mention that the additional cores are the reason Ryzen is doing so well against the 7700k, then make a bold claim that the 4c/8t is going to be "THE" choice for gamers, even though it will only match Intel's core count, and lose the aforementioned advantage it just had.

Until we see proof that Ryzen is improving on a scale that matters, then we can revisit this. Perhaps you can buy Ryzen and include your own results, if you cannot find reviewers to do it for you. I accept any and all data as long as it comes with an exact testing methodology that I can recreate and critique. 

Even in titles from that video you linked (which have engines designed to utilize more cores) showed a far different story in favor of Intel. 

You are simply speaking about something you can't possibly know. You mention that the additional cores are the reason Ryzen is doing so well against the 7700k, then make a bold claim that the 4c/8t is going to be "THE" choice for gamers, even though it will only match Intel's core count, and lose the aforementioned advantage it just had.

Minimum show a different story in favour of Intel? Really now? Those were 0.1 and 1% minimums, and Ryzen was beating the 7700K in most of the tests in the video. Hardly in favour of Intel. 

Outside of Day 1 reviews, Ryzen's minimums have been praised, despite Kabylake being clocked 0.9-1Ghz Higher.

There's only a few outliers like Far Cry Primal were Ryzen falls down hard.

The Frametimes on Ryzen here are fantastic, even in FarCry where it has much worse performance; compared to the 7700K, but still matching the 6900K mostly.

In Crysis 3 especially the 7700K has horrible frametimes compared to Ryzen. Again, not all minimums somehow in favour of Intel like you stated

b30c2a68cf9642e9a9ec002aad3616ae.png

So you're saying a budget oriented gamer, which is the vast majority will prefer paying $350 for the 7700K, to get at most 10% increase in averages.

Compared to a R5 1400/1500X that's 4C/8T for $170-190, that comes with a cooler that'll allow it to reach 4Ghz?

Where that difference is can be absorbed by RAM costs.

I guess we'll see, but I firmly believe my claims are far better based on what we've seen compared to many here dismissing Ryzen as another Bulldozer, and failure.