PSA: SanDisk 128gb MicroSD cards'll fry in your Switch. Actually, they seem to be frying in everything...

The Sloth
Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

what does it have to do with SanDisk sd card failing? 

because the switch just hasent been as succesfull as a launch as i would think i have die hard nintendo fans saying the switch is garbage and it dies easily maybe through this but still compatibility on pcs is more wide and im not worrying about a new ssd or hdd failing on me like this

Just now, Aidanlockett1 said:

because the switch just hasent been as succesfull as a launch as i would think i have die hard nintendo fans saying the switch is garbage and it dies easily maybe through this but still compatibility on pcs is more wide and im not worrying about a new ssd or hdd failing on me like this

The SD card itself is defective - nothing to do with the Switch. It also seems to be frying in just about any devices... oh, including that venerated PC too :P

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, Aidanlockett1 said:

because the switch just hasent been as succesfull as a launch as i would think

It is the best selling Nintendo console... (at launch) :P

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

You kidding me?  The Nintendo Switch is the fastest selling Nintendo console ever thus far!  Linus said so on the WAN show!

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

Just now, dalekphalm said:

The SD card itself is defective - nothing to do with the Switch. It also seems to be frying in just about any devices... oh, including that venerated PC too :P

yea i know i just meant switch isnt for me and PC is just my favorite gaming source didnt mean to say the switch was bad personally just friends have said that

its not the switch, read the title sandisk card explode on varieties of devices. pc elitest piss me off. yes you like pc, so who cares i also have a pc, last of us, legend of zelda are games that is worth getting other systems for. 

switch is successful selling 1.5 million units in the first week, not keeping up with demand.  

1 minute ago, Aidanlockett1 said:

If you read the article it is the SD card. Its been confrimed to melt in a goPro, and laptops.
Its just the Switch is raising demand for 64+GB microSD cards.

its not the switch, read the title sandisk card explode on varieties of devices. pc elitest piss me off. yes you like pc, so who cares i also have a pc, last of us, legend of zelda are games that is worth getting other systems for. 

switch is successful selling 1.5 million units in the first week, not keeping up with demand.  

yes i know im not saying pc is better than switch for you or your people u know i just mean its not my thing and i havent seen much good in my personal opinion for it

yea i know i just meant switch isnt for me and PC is just my favorite gaming source didnt mean to say the switch was bad personally just friends have said that

you just stated that in your post, the switch has its position and a pc has its own, legend of zelda breath of the wild is the best game i played in few years. 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

you just stated that in your post, the switch has its position and a pc has its own, legend of zelda breath of the wild is the best game i played in few years. 

i know ive tried to say for the past few replys i dont hate the switch or its games its just not for me and i havent seen much about it thats appealing for 500$

9 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

https://pvplive.net/c/avoid-using-sandisk-microsd-cards-in-the-switch sandisk seems to have problem with 128gb sd card. 

Solution: Buy MicroSD cards from Micro Center and Samsung.

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666

• i7-7700K
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

i know ive tried to say for the past few replys i dont hate the switch or its games its just not for me and i havent seen much about it thats appealing for 500$

it depends on the person, for me, 500 dollar is a reasonable for a console, i know its not for everyone. 

it depends on the person, for me, 500 dollar is a reasonable for a console, i know its not for everyone. 

yea i totally agree i just spent like 700 on a new pc and i love it ive been a nintendo fan before and i just dont like the switch for a console it lowkey is like a portable wii xD

14 minutes ago, Aidanlockett1 said:

The Nintendo Switch is more powerful and a PC.

Interesting.  I have a SanDisk USB flash drive (tiny one that only sticks out of the port by the handle) and it also gets quite hot.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Interesting.  I have a SanDisk USB flash drive (tiny one that only sticks out of the port by the handle) and it also gets quite hot.

Are we going to ignore OP's post not being with the guidelines?

5 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

The Nintendo Switch is more powerful and a PC.

Yeah.  Consoles never have top-of-the-line hardware in them, but they're usually on par with some of the budget gaming laptops.

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666

• i7-7700K
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD

Just now, techstorm970 said:

Yeah.  Consoles never have top-of-the-line hardware in them, but they're usually on par with some of the budget gaming laptops.

It also outperforms Samsung CPU 1800x

2 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

Are we going to ignore OP's post not being with the guidelines?

what guideline am i breaking? 

4 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

what guideline am i breaking? 

• Your thread must include some original input to tell the reader why it is relevant to them, and what your personal opinion on the topic is.
  • Your thread must include a link to at least one reputable source. Most of the time, this should be a respected news site.
  • Your thread should also include quotes from the cited source(s). While you shouldn't just copy the entire article, your quote should give the reader a summary of the article in a way that gives the key details, but also leaves room for them to read the full article on the linked website. Please use quote tags (the speech bubble at the top of the editor, under the  :)) to show that you have copied this content from another site.
  • The title of your thread must be relevant to the topic and should give a reader a good idea of the contents of the thread. Copying the title of the source is permitted but absolutely not required.
  • If your article is about a product or some form of media, images are always appreciated, although they are not required.

Sandisk have always been the worst flash card MFT.

They bait headlines with their "first X capacity" which they only get because they're the only ones with morals low enough to release shit to market 6 months before it's ready. As a professional photographer for 15 years I learned this much. Absolute last choice in SD cards.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.