Laptop went unresponsive, turned it off, now it will not boot

AMDGrill

As title said, laptop went unresponsive during gaming, waited a good 10 minutes. Turned it off, now the Windows won't boot and when I try to boot from my USB that has a clean Windows 10 to repair, I just load into a black screen after Windows logo.

HELP 

Format the drive and reinstall the OS, you bricked the OS by turning it off directly.

Being in college I don't have access to my desktop nor any of my tools,are there any alternatives?  And since when Windows is so fragile? 

.. Using Windows 8 on my desktop and the amount of force shutdowns and crashes that OS can handle is mesmerizing. Is this something Windows 10 does a lot?  

6 minutes ago, AMDGrill said:

Being in college I don't have access to my desktop nor any of my tools,are there any alternatives?  And since when Windows is so fragile? 

.. Using Windows 8 on my desktop and the amount of force shutdowns and crashes that OS can handle is mesmerizing. Is this something Windows 10 does a lot?  

Your windows is not fragile, but the temporary memory, or hard drive's boot data got corrupted which is causing it to do that. 

Well you can try a windows repair from loading a setup on USB stick or CD, or go to system settings if you can by F8 key or shift + F8 key. No, Windows 10 is more stable that 8.

Also qoute me while replying so that I can know that you did replied to me.

1 hour ago, Zackbare said:

Well you can try a windows repair from loading a setup on USB stick or CD

1 hour ago, AMDGrill said:

Windows won't boot and when I try to boot from my USB that has a clean Windows 10 to repair, I just load into a black screen after Windows logo.

Also, nuking my HDD without any backup doesn't seem like a great idea..

1 minute ago, AMDGrill said:

Also, nuking my HDD without any backup doesn't seem like a great idea..

That's an obvious step, which I thought not worth mentioning.

Well, that explains a lot, if you had SDD, you may not have incurred with this problem at all.  

2 hours ago, AMDGrill said:

That was really helpful of you. 

You're welcome