Show off your setup hard to see

Hi guys,

Wouldn't it be A LOT better to have a whole thread of "Show off your setup" ??

I'm pretty tired of looking at it, since people don't post pictures and info.
like 2/3 of the pages are people commenting on the builds.

Instead, it could be awesome with a thread, and every person creating a topic with their build, so that the first page is always the pictures, and the comments come after.

I LOVE to see peoples builds!

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |

i +1 this idea. a thread for finished setups would be usefull either if its just to look at or to gain inspiration for your own build/setup

Current Build:

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K at 4.8Ghz CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 AIO Motherboard: gigabyte Z270X ultra gaming 

Memory: Trident Z rgb 16gb 3000Mhz
Storage: Samsung 250GB SSD Storage2: sandisk ultra II 960gb SSD Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1080 O8G STRIX  

Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400

Power Supply: Corsair RM650X Fans: 2x 120mm NZXT Aer rgb LEDcontroller: NZXT Hue+ LEDstrip: cablemod hybrid-LED/UV 60Cm

peripherals:

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow X Chroma Gamepad: Razer Tartarus Mouse: Razer Mamba TE 2015 Chroma Headphones: Logitech G533 Wireless

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM Monitor1: AOC Q2577PWQ 2560X1440 OC'ed to 75 Hz Monitor2: LG 25UM57-P 25.0" 2560x1080 OC'ed to 75Hz 

PCpartpicker list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Qt76xY

My laptop: https://www.amazon.com/Acer-VN7-571G-50VG-Notebook-Computer-i5-5200U/dp/B01CL50JV6

Quote:

If you really want it, go get it.

6 minutes ago, TommyW2061 said:

i +1 this idea. a thread for finished setups would be usefull either if its just to look at or to gain inspiration for your own build/setup

Exactly. People can easily start as OP from beginning, then pictures of progress, and later finished system..

And it would all be shown on the first page/ post. Just as updates and edits.

MUUUCH freaking easier to see and follow.

How do we get a moderators opinion?

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |

28 minutes ago, Mutoh said:

Personally I don't have a problem with the current format and have no problems with discussion. A separate subforum would be cool though.

It's probably okay for some. However in my own personal opinion, it's just messy.

I'd like more structure, so can actually skip all the millions and millions of posts with comments, and actually look at the first post for the picture of a setup, and look scroll down if you wanna hear comments regarding it.

Not sure i quite follow, but are you

thinking about a subforum dedicated

to this? There is already the build-log

section, which is pretty much this. 

Then you can create albums on your

profile, etc etc.. 

https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/3-build-logs/

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/183-show-off-your-setup/

In my opinion, a build log has always been more towards a DIY hobby/electronics project, a build that solves a specific problem, or is a generally original idea involving modding and customization, with step-by-step instructions or play-by-play of what occurred for interested parties. It shouldn't be about just a generic PC build.

The idea as I'm reading it would be wholly different, with simply showing your build and setup with pictures in the OP, and maybe a spec list. Perhaps a sub-forum entitled "Build Gallery" or "Build Compendium" within The Workbench would suffice, leaving "Build Logs" to be for threads like:

To me, threads like these are more in line with what "Build Logs" should contain.

44 minutes ago, tobben said:

profile, etc etc.. 

Yeah I was thinking just like a build log section, just a Show off your case section.

Build log feels more like you have to take pictures of the process. Not just show off the finished build.

47 minutes ago, tobben said:

profile, etc etc.. 

But also to be honest, I wasn't aware that we had a build log section already :o

I'd like this feature/subforum too, because people like me who are just putting computers pieces together (and don't do extensive DIY) wouldn't have their place in the Build log section.

Maybe a revamp of the new build section for a better showcase section would be a good idea.

[Insert smart comment here]

8 hours ago, jldjul said:

I'd like this feature/subforum too, because people like me who are just putting computers pieces together (and don't do extensive DIY) wouldn't have their place in the Build log section.

Maybe a revamp of the new build section for a better showcase section would be a good idea.

Agreed