Looking for headphones, need suggestions

Sycro

I'm looking for wireless headphones, preferably on-ear ones, with good quality sound and battery. I want to use them for desktop work/music and media consumption, walking around and that fit snuggly enough for when I workout. I've googled some lists and all that BS but I much prefer a personal opinion. I've looked into the Beats Solo 3 Wireless since they've got very good reviews as far as sound is concerned (which surprised me tbh, wasn't expecting that from Beats) and fit perfectly into what I'm looking for, however the price/value is a bit shite (although the W1 chip to pair with the iPhone is a huge plus). All said and done I'm just looking for options and opinions if any of you have some. Thanks in advance :D

8 minutes ago, Sycro said:

I'm looking for wireless headphones, preferably on-ear ones, with good quality sound and battery. I want to use them for desktop work/music and media consumption, walking around and that fit snuggly enough for when I workout. I've googled some lists and all that BS but I much prefer a personal opinion. I've looked into the Beats Solo 3 Wireless since they've got very good reviews as far as sound is concerned (which surprised me tbh, wasn't expecting that from Beats) and fit perfectly into what I'm looking for, however the price/value is a bit shite (although the W1 chip to pair with the iPhone is a huge plus). All said and done I'm just looking for options and opinions if any of you have some. Thanks in advance :D

I've never been a fan of Beats. Very overpriced and I don't like the sound. Most people I know that don't like Beats love their Sony for media entertainment. Stay away from anything that advertises Bass. Those generally have built in bass sounds that you cannot reduce or turn off. If you get a better pair of higher end Sony, you can change the bass to your preference.

Otherwise, there are the gaming style, such as Logitech G 933, Corsair Void, and Astros. If you give us your style we can provide better options.

1 minute ago, Ryujin2003 said:

I've never been a fan of Beats. Very overpriced and I don't like the sound. Most people I know that don't like Beats love their Sony for media entertainment. Stay away from anything that advertises Bass. Those generally have built in bass sounds that you cannot reduce or turn off. If you get a better pair of higher end Sony, you can change the bass to your preference.

Otherwise, there are the gaming style, such as Logitech G 933, Corsair Void, and Astros. If you give us your style we can provide better options.

Minimalistic, discrete, that sort of style. Something I can use indoors, outdoors and at the gym. Not really a fan of gaming headsets, they go way too overboard with the whole "gamer look". Yeah I've always thought that myself about Beats in general but apparently the reviews say the sound is much more balanced, hence me even considering them. What Sony ones do you suggest then? 

6 minutes ago, Sycro said:

Minimalistic, discrete, that sort of style. Something I can use indoors, outdoors and at the gym. Not really a fan of gaming headsets, they go way too overboard with the whole "gamer look". Yeah I've always thought that myself about Beats in general but apparently the reviews say the sound is much more balanced, hence me even considering them. What Sony ones do you suggest then? 

Sony H.ear on Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphone, Charcoal Black (MDR100ABN/B) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CQXGM5K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_zUQYybKYQTT02

I'd also suggest going to a store and trying them on. Best Buy will often have a bunch available to try, and if they don't have the ones you want to demo, they will also often open a box for you to try.

Just now, Ryujin2003 said:

Sony H.ear on Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphone, Charcoal Black (MDR100ABN/B) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CQXGM5K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_zUQYybKYQTT02

I'd also suggest going to a store and trying them on. Best Buy will often have a bunch available to try, and if they don't have the ones you want to demo, they will also often open a box for you to try.

No best buy in the UK sadly, but yeah ill do some store browsing before making a decision for sure. Thanks for the suggestion btw, really appreciate it! :D

2 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Also, those Sony look hella clean 

2 minutes ago, Sycro said:

No best buy in the UK sadly, but yeah ill do some store browsing before making a decision for sure. Thanks for the suggestion btw, really appreciate it! :D

audio technica ATH-M50x there great but not wierless :(

6600K - ASUS Z270i Gaming ITX - 8GB Corsair  Vengence LPX DDR4 2400MHZ - EVGA 1070SC - 120GB HyperX Savage SSD - CX430 PSU:|

PSU tier list- 

3 minutes ago, Matt_98 said:

audio technica ATH-M50x there great

They're great monitors but I'm looking for something wireless. Im not discarding monitors but I'm not necessarily looking for them either as I don't intend to do any professional sound editing with them. Appreciate the help though :)

46 minutes ago, Sycro said:

They're great monitors but I'm looking for something wireless. Im not discarding monitors but I'm not necessarily looking for them either as I don't intend to do any professional sound editing with them. Appreciate the help though :)

yea I only noticed the wireless part after posting, your best bet is to look on amazon for wireless headphones and google reviews of them

6600K - ASUS Z270i Gaming ITX - 8GB Corsair  Vengence LPX DDR4 2400MHZ - EVGA 1070SC - 120GB HyperX Savage SSD - CX430 PSU:|

PSU tier list-