Why is my PC so loud?

Go to solution Solved by Sir Asvald,
17 minutes ago, King_Ian said:

It's an electrical noise. Something like: krrrrrrkrrrrrrkrrrrrrkrrrrrkrrrrrrr coming from the PSU. Intel Cooler souds like a helicopter lol.

Stock Intel coolers are really bad. I'd change it for a tower cooler, as long it can fit in your case.

MSI are not the best when it comes to AMD GPUs the best one I can recommend is from Sapphire. 

Also, I'd change the case fans. 

Hello,
I'm wondering why my PC makes so much noise. If I have all the settings on ultra 1080p, it just seems as if I'm sitting next to a plane. How do I fix it? Which part of my PC makes so much noise? What should I replace?

HOW CAN I MAKE IT QUIETER?!

PC specs:

CPU: i5 6400
MOBO: Asrock B150m Pro4v
RAM: Crucial DDR4-2133 8GB
STORAGE: 1TB HDD/500GB HDD/120GB SSD
GPU: MSI Radeon RX 480 Gaming X - 8GB
CASE: Fractal Design Core 1500 mATX
PSU: Coolermaster G650M Semi-modular

Fan noise? Coil whine?
I guess it's the PSU or HDD.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Stop playing that flight simulator.

Turn down the volume on your speakers.

Problem solved.

Seriously, check the temps of your computer. They might be overheating. If not, set some profile to "silent".

6 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

Fan noise? Coil whine?
I guess it's the PSU or HDD.

It's an electrical noise. Something like: krrrrrrkrrrrrrkrrrrrrkrrrrrkrrrrrrr coming from the PSU. Intel Cooler souds like a helicopter lol.

8 minutes ago, Dutch-stoner said:

Stop playing that flight simulator.

Turn down the volume on your speakers.

Problem solved.

Seriously, check the temps of your computer. They might be overheating. If not, set some profile to "silent". 

Hallo,

I checked the temps on my computer with MSI afterburner. The temps are OK. I have the GPU and Intel cooler both on the ''silent'' setting. I already did this weeks ago, but I can't notice a difference...

1 minute ago, King_Ian said:

It's an electrical noise.

Coil whine.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Just now, knightslugger said:

Coil whine.

I know this is a known problem for the RX 480, but the PSU also makes lots of noise.

17 minutes ago, King_Ian said:

Stock Intel coolers are really bad. I'd change it for a tower cooler, as long it can fit in your case.

MSI are not the best when it comes to AMD GPUs the best one I can recommend is from Sapphire. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Just now, Abdul201588 said:

Thanks Abdul, but I don't really want to change my GPU. But I will change the CPU cooler to a Be quiet pure rock. And I think I replace the fans for Be quiet! Pure wings 2. Thanks for you reply.

3 minutes ago, King_Ian said:

Thanks Abdul, but I don't really want to change my GPU. But I will change the CPU cooler to a Be quiet pure rock. And I think I replace the fans for Be quiet! Pure wings 2. Thanks for you reply.

Well, you can upgrade in the future. :P 

Also, make sure that the CPU cooler you're getting fits in your case. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Just now, Abdul201588 said:

Well, you can upgrade in the future. :P 

Also, make sure that the CPU cooler you're getting fits in your case. 

Thanks I already checked it. It's a big cpu cooler, but it fits in this mATX case. (I checked it on Fractal designs website)

22 minutes ago, King_Ian said:

I know this is a known problem for the RX 480, but the PSU also makes lots of noise.

Coil whine is ubiquitous. anywhere there is an inductor is a potential source for vibration. That is what the white goopy looking white adheasive stuff on computer components is for, to help dampen inductor vibration.

but it sounds like what you are hearing is fan noise, not electrical noise...

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

1 minute ago, knightslugger said:

Coil whine is ubiquitous. anywhere there is an inductor is a potential source for vibration. That is what the white goopy looking white adheasive stuff on computer compnents is.

Soooooo I can't really do anything about it? :(

1 hour ago, King_Ian said:

Soooooo I can't really do anything about it? :(

well if it's coil whine, no not really. you can try to quiet it down with electronics epoxy, but the good stuff is rather expensive and you have to know exactly where the noise is coming from and make sure applying the schmoo isn't going to cause a heat related failure. I'd just RMA the thing if it came down to it. Others just deal with it. i know with the sound in game that i barely notice it.

System specs:

2 hours ago, knightslugger said:

well if it's coil whine, no not really. you can try to quiet it down with electronics epoxy, but the good stuff is rather expensive and you have to know exactly where the noise is coming from and make sure applying the schmoo isn't going to cause a heat related failure. I'd just RMA the thing if it came down to it. Others just deal with it. i know with the sound in game that i barely notice it.

OK. Thanks!

First identify the source of the noise by stopping fans with your hands.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Thanks, I will do this and I will let you know the results.

On 16.3.2017 at 3:49 PM, Abdul201588 said:

I don't think that would be nessessary. Fractal's OEM fans are pretty good. Besides, fans can be controlled.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

20 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I don't think that would be nessessary. Fractal's OEM fans are pretty good. Besides, fans can be controlled.

I know. The core 1500 case has a built-in fan controller.

On 17-3-2017 at 2:18 AM, WoodenMarker said:

First identify the source of the noise by stopping fans with your hands.

It is coming from my GPU. While under load, this thing is really loud! 

49 minutes ago, King_Ian said:

It is coming from my GPU. While under load, this thing is really loud! 

You can adjust GPU fan with MSI Afterburner, EVGA Precision or the other software like that. And I meant you can use mobo to control caase fans.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

You can adjust GPU fan with MSI Afterburner, EVGA Precision or the other software like that. And I meant you can use mobo to control caase fans.

I already tried using MSI Afterburner, but the problem is: if I turn the fan speed down, the temps are getting around 85 degrees celcius (while gaming). Any higher fan speeds are very loud and not comfortable to game with.

3 minutes ago, King_Ian said:

I already tried using MSI Afterburner, but the problem is: if I turn the fan speed down, the temps are getting around 85 degrees celcius (while gaming). Any higher fan speeds are very loud and not comfortable to game with.

That would mean that cooling for the card isn't enough. Or that case overall cooling doesn't work. So its back to what @Abdul201588 suggested.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

17 hours ago, King_Ian said:

In that case, better or more case fans can help.

What's your budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

5 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

In that case, better or more case fans can help.

What's your budget?

I don't really have a budget. I think I need another 120mm intake fan (Fractal design R3). It's around 15 euros.