I'm frankly disappointed with Corsair's products and support (solved)

Go to solution Solved by Automobili3XF,

Just came by to update you guys on the situation.

Just a few minutes ago the mailman dropped a package with Corsair's name on it, which contained a Scimitar RGB mouse.

It took a while for them to respond and send a replacement product, but i'm happy it all worked out well and in the end i actually got an upgrade on what i had before. 

After i contacted @nicklmg , i sent the mouse for evaluation, they detected the fault and said they didn't have a direct replacement for it (M65) so they would send a model higher up the range instead.

And just conclude everything, i'm really happy with this replacement, its been a while since i was thinking about buying an MMO centric mouse, but now i got it.

Thanks for all the help and camaraderie, i'll be around!

I'll take a picture of the replacement as soon as i get home.

I always had Corsair as a good brand, a brand to be trusted, but as it turns out, i can no longer trust my money towards Corsair products.

It all started with a memory kit i bought from a reputable store here in Brazil, a pair of 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz (16GB CL10) RAM sticks, simple stuff.

I'm not sure if this kit is particularly problematic or something, but i had to RMA 3 BNIB kits in order to get one that both sticks would work correctly, the store i bought them from was very kind to send the kits via fast shipping to my home, but just the money i spent on shipping the 3 defective kits back to the store, if added to the price i paid for the first kit, would be enough to buy memory from another brand, say Patriot, since i never had a single problem with their products.

Ok, in the end i got a working kit, fine, i thought "i was just unlucky, perhaps", but no, not to be outdone, almost a year later, the pump on my H55 decides to die. Fine, i didn't even try to RMA it (i'll explain why later), i trew it in the trash and bought a Zalman CNPS10X Extreme to replace it. But that was not the end, just a few days ago i posted here on the forums that i had a problem with the scroll wheel and the middle click button going haywire, in which i stated that i used the mouse since early 2014, which is not true, i confused myself at the time, this is my second M65, the first one i sold around january 2016, just to realise that i wasn't happy with any other mice at the time, and buy a Corsair M65 once again around the same date, i'll show proof of purchase if you feel i'm not telling the truth. Easy fix, i just bought a Logitech M570 trackball to use as my daily driver, and i was planning to keep the M65 as just my gaming mouse, since i don't use the scroll wheel or middle click in any game, add the fact that i really like the overall shape of the mouse. But today all buttons decided to stop functioning, the sensor works, but not a single button works, not even the DPI adjustment buttons. I didn't try to RMA this mouse as well, and i'll explain why: Some months ago (August 31st of 2016 to be exact) i was adjusting the weights under my M65 and i applied a little too much force on one of the screws, which made the metallic thread rotate inside the plastic shell and fall. I spoke first with Corsair to see if i could do something, in which they responded something along the lines of "we do not provide official support in your country (Brazil), speak with your vendor". I decided not to bother, i just used the mouse like it was and didn't contact my vendor, already knowing that they would probably figure the case as user's fault. Not only that, but if Corsair doesn't provide official support on Brazil, that means the 3 years warranty claim on the boxes cannot be taken for granted, vendors with CNPJ are only forced to provide a 3 month warranty over imported products, most offer a full year warranty, but not more than that, and my mouse failed over a full year of use, even if i tried to RMA it now, i wouldn't get anything.

And just to finish it of, i'm never, i said NEVER, buying anything from Corsair from now on.

Sorry if misspelled any words on this post or something similar, i'm not a native speaker and its already past 1a.m. but i just wanted to show my disappointment with the brand.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

1 minute ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

-snip-

I am so sorry but we need a TL;DR

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

The short version is: I had serious problems with all of my Corsair products (3 times with RAM, one with AIO pump and one with my M65) and they do not provide official support on my country, invalidating the 3 year warranty claim printed on the boxes.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Corsair sux?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

The short version is: I had serious problems with all of my Corsair products (3 times with RAM, one with AIO pump and one with my M65) and they do not provide official support on my country, invalidating the 3 year warranty claim printed on the boxes.

Well, I think they are known to be a good brand, and I know LMG has worked with them in the past so idk if it's possible @nicklmg can do anything to help...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Anybody else in your country have same issue?

6 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Corsair sux?

Basically, yes! LOL

See the facebook group "Extreme pcs e overclock", its a brazilian group with people that have corsair partnership. They have contact with corsair, just explain what happened, jackson bros and ronaldo buassali might help.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

I've seen some RAM issues just like mine, the problem with the M65 also seems to be very common around here, all under the same warranty problems.

Just now, Taja said:

See the facebook group "Extreme pcs e overclock", its a brazilian group with people that have corsair partnership. They can help, just explain what happened, jackson bros and ronaldo buassali might help.

Thanks! I'm a member over there, i'll talk with them

that's too bad. I have had a good experience with their customer support but I live less than 20 miles from them so I am in a completely different boat...

Same issue happened to me with my M65, scroll wheel died on it. I ended up replacing it with a Logitech MX Master, fantastic mouse, definitely would recommend.

When I bought my Corsair Carbide 230T, the fan that came in the rear of the case was DOA. I contacted Corsair, and they wanted me to send the entire damn thing back to get the fan replaced, such a stupid thing for them to do, it's cheaper on both ends to just have me send back the broken fan, or for them to even just send a new fan free of charge because they screwed up and sent me a dead fan... And the case loves to rattle from the fan vibrations, which is incredibly annoying and fairly loud.

And my K70 RGB... This one has been of so wonderful... A few keys have gotten to the point where if I press them once, they'll be sent anywhere from 1-4 times. It usually happens with the 'Z' key, pretty annoying when it happens too. I'm just waiting for Tesoro to release the 12mm thick chiclet mechanical keyboard, that way I can replace my K70... (I'm hoping the unnamed keyboard is going to have RGB backlighting thrown in, even though I don't really use it other than to set a single color for the backlight and leave it as that.)

Only Corsair product I have that I haven't really had issues with is my CX600M, which once I get some more money, will be replaced in a new PC build.

In case anyone is interested, I included the planned specs for my next build in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700K (Not a fan of Kaby Lake, and I plan to use Windows 8.1 Pro, so this will work a little better with it.)

CPU Cooler: Cryorig C7

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170N-WIFI Mini ITX Motherboard (Looks alright, has 2x 10/100/1000 ethernet jacks as well as onboard WIFI, which is great.)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x16GB DDR4-3000 (Going to add a second in the future, may swap over to HyperX Fury Black RAM instead to avoid going with Corsair because I'm not too happy with them.)

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0 (May go for a 1080 or 11xx card depending on pricing.)
Case: Fractal Design Node 202 (Great compact little case, should fit perfectly under my monitors.
Power Supply: Silverstone SX600-G (Could go with the SX700-LPT instead, depends on how much power I'll end up needing.)

As for the storage, I have around 750GB in SSDs laying around, as well as a handful of additional hard drives. I'll likely end up putting those in a NAS or something so I can still use them without having to stuff them around in sketchy places in the Node 202.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I know how you feel. I got 32GBs of DDR3 Corsair RAM from amazon ($200) and they were all dead on arrival. My server needed that ram. I got it on sale for $100 but by the time I returned it the sale was over and I had lost trust for Corsair. I got a RX 460 though for my server ($90). I still am stuck with 14GBs of RAM right now... :/

Hmm, only real issue with my Corsair shit is that one of the rubber feet grip things' glue or whatever kinda wore off on my Vengeance K65. Both the KB and my Sabre RGB are holding up to my abuse so far.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

4 hours ago, TheKDub said:

Same issue happened to me with my M65, scroll wheel died on it. I ended up replacing it with a Logitech MX Master, fantastic mouse, definitely would recommend.

When I bought my Corsair Carbide 230T, the fan that came in the rear of the case was DOA. I contacted Corsair, and they wanted me to send the entire damn thing back to get the fan replaced, such a stupid thing for them to do, it's cheaper on both ends to just have me send back the broken fan, or for them to even just send a new fan free of charge because they screwed up and sent me a dead fan... And the case loves to rattle from the fan vibrations, which is incredibly annoying and fairly loud.

And my K70 RGB... This one has been of so wonderful... A few keys have gotten to the point where if I press them once, they'll be sent anywhere from 1-4 times. It usually happens with the 'Z' key, pretty annoying when it happens too. I'm just waiting for Tesoro to release the 12mm thick chiclet mechanical keyboard, that way I can replace my K70... (I'm hoping the unnamed keyboard is going to have RGB backlighting thrown in, even though I don't really use it other than to set a single color for the backlight and leave it as that.)

Only Corsair product I have that I haven't really had issues with is my CX600M, which once I get some more money, will be replaced in a new PC build.

In case anyone is interested, I included the planned specs for my next build in the spoiler below.

Hide contents

CPU: i7 6700K (Not a fan of Kaby Lake, and I plan to use Windows 8.1 Pro, so this will work a little better with it.)

CPU Cooler: Cryorig C7

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170N-WIFI Mini ITX Motherboard (Looks alright, has 2x 10/100/1000 ethernet jacks as well as onboard WIFI, which is great.)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x16GB DDR4-3000 (Going to add a second in the future, may swap over to HyperX Fury Black RAM instead to avoid going with Corsair because I'm not too happy with them.)

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0 (May go for a 1080 or 11xx card depending on pricing.)
Case: Fractal Design Node 202 (Great compact little case, should fit perfectly under my monitors.
Power Supply: Silverstone SX600-G (Could go with the SX700-LPT instead, depends on how much power I'll end up needing.)

As for the storage, I have around 750GB in SSDs laying around, as well as a handful of additional hard drives. I'll likely end up putting those in a NAS or something so I can still use them without having to stuff them around in sketchy places in the Node 202.

About the planned build I have two suggestions in case you're interested:

1. If the new case could fit it I'd suggest an H7 instead of the C7 to reduce noise.  Though idk if the H7 would fit in the case you plan to use.  The C7 is still a very nice cooler I've used one myself so no worries if you'd get that.

2. If you're getting an EVGA 10 series card I'd strongly suggest getting an ICX version since those have an improved cooler design that avoids the issues of the ACX cooler on their 10 series cards without needing any fixes that I'm aware of.

Only experiences i have with them is  the below and the 2 keyboards and mice are brand new. everything works 100% currently Pump and Powersupply about 2 years old now

Corsair H55 also

Corsair K55 RGB and Harpoon mouse 2x Work and GF Computers

Corsair CX750

Not saying there good or Bad Just adding more into the mix of sample size.

2 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

I'd settle for fucking paragraphs and some spacing between them.

I apologise for that, i actually formated the text properly while doing it for the first time, but when i published the post, the paragraphs got messed up and it was so late in the night i decided to leave it like it was.

It seems to be fixed now.

I apologise for that, i actually formated the text properly while doing it for the first time, but when i published the post, the paragraphs got messed up.

It seems to be fixed now.

No problem.

To get back at the topic at hand I see the problem as this: Corsair is a really big brand. It means that many of their products are cheaply manufactured, low quality low price stuff. A lot of their high end products however seem to hold up better while at the same time being overpriced. 

So that's to say that I mostly would avoid their cheap cases, cheap ram, etc. But their higher end PSUs, fans, etc. Seem to hold up.

-------

Current Rig

-------

5 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

No problem.

To get back at the topic at hand I see the problem as this: Corsair is a really big brand. It means that many of their products are cheaply manufactured, low quality low price stuff. A lot of their high end products however seem to hold up better while at the same time being overpriced. 

So that's to say that I mostly would avoid their cheap cases, cheap ram, etc. But their higher end PSUs, fans, etc. Seem to hold up.

Indeed, i heard a lot of complaints about CX430 PSU just randomly popping their capacitors during normal use, but at the same time, one of my friends has SF450 on his small and that seems to work very well.

But still, i dont consider the M65 to be a cheap mouse, its a R$300 device, i have a standard Logitech M90 that i use on my job thats been holding up for over 3 years, all of its buttons still work.

10 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

My Corsair Value select ram works like a charm, my brother has a Corsair 600w 80plus White power supply that never showed any issue what so ever... and from talking to my friends to be honest Kingston ends up being the most complained brand so I'm sure he mostly just had back luck.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Indeed, i heard a lot of complaints about CX430 PSU just randomly popping their capacitors during normal use, but at the same time, one of my friends has SF450 on his small and that seems to work very well.

But still, i dont consider the M65 to be a cheap mouse, its a R$300 device, i have a standard Logitech M90 that i use on my job thats been holding up for over 3 years, all of its buttons still work.

Yeah mice is a tricky one it might be expensive but it doesn't needs it's high quality. I usually stay away from high end peripherals my keyboard is a 35 bucks fake blue cherry and my mouse is a G300s nothing special precisely because of this.

-------

Current Rig

-------

8 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

My Corsair Value select ram works like a charm, my brother has a Corsair 600w 80plus White power supply that never showed any issue what so ever... and from talking to my friends to be honest Kingston ends up being the most complained brand so I'm sure he mostly just had back luck.

I try to avoid Kingston, it seems to be pretty unreliable based on what i've seen over the years fixing machines around town

Just a few minutes ago i sent a message to my vendor to see the state of the warranty, because from what i'm seeing, Corsair seems to pretty defensive about their warranty, this is their explanation about it:

Corsair provides a non-transferable warranty to the purchaser of Corsair hardware product purchased from an authorized Corsair reseller. Corsair warrants that the product will be free from defects in material and workmanship for a specified period commencing on the date of purchase. The warranty period will vary by specific product, as identified in your user documentation, on the product package, or as listed in the attached listing of Corsair Warranty Periods. In the event any of these warranty periods differ, the longest specified warranty period will apply.

Except where prohibited by applicable local law, this warranty is limited to the original purchaser and is non-transferable. This warranty provides you with specific legal rights, and you may have additional rights that vary under local laws.

In general, this warranty means your Corsair hardware product will operate in accordance with published technical specifications, as specified by its datasheet, and in the operating environment for which it was intended for the length of the warranty period.

This version of the warranty applies to products purchased on or after April 27, 2015. For prior versions of the Corsair limited warranty, please contact customer service.

I also said that the promised warranty was 3 years, no, its 2 years for "gaming mice", i think i may have confused with Logitech (which offers 3 years of warranty).

But if my vendor still covers the 2 year warranty coverage despite Corsair not offering official support (at least that's what they told me) in the country, at least i will recover my mouse...

17 minutes ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

I try to avoid Kingston, it seems to be pretty unreliable based on what i've seen over the years fixing machines around town

Yeah with that one I fully agree with you, Kingston is a no go, they sure know how to make marketing but awful products my brother's friend bought Kingston HyperX Memory from ML and it died on month 2... not to mention that huge scam with the V300 ssd.

Where did you buy your hardware? couldn't it be an issue with the shop rather? All my Corsair stuff was bought from Kabum.com.br and they never given issues.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)