next part in if your computer was to die today

xdeathshot20

so a few moths ago i asked you guys the question if all the sudden your pc died, what would you do?  you guys and some really funny responses even tho it can be a very serious thing.  so im coming at you with a similar questions but a bit different.  so last time, every part would of died and nothing could be slavaged besides of course your case.  my new question is your using your computer and it dies.  so you do some troubleshooting.  now in the real world this will never happen but i wanted to see what you guys would say.  so your pc died and you had a choice to salavage one part.  but here is the twist, you cant salvage your hard drives or ssd's.  you dont have any form of backup so you lost all of your storage.  so what part would you salvage?  if i was to say i would probaly go with either my GPU or PSU.  only because i have an older processor and finding a nice new board to go with it wont be easy.  so let me hear what you guys have to say!!!

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

GPU. 

I'd just buy a new PSU and use the 1070 in an eGPU dock with my current HP 2570p and stuff it inside the 250D I have lmfao

idk

GPU for sure

I'd buy a razer blade stealth or something and eGPU it with the coref

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

So i have a barbones PC and the PSU, Mobo, case, CPU cooler came together.  Does that count as one part or many.  If many, then GPU.  If that counts as a single part, then that.

Linux Daily Driver:

CPU: R5 2400G

Motherboard: MSI B350M Mortar

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

HDD: 1TB POS HDD from an old Dell

SSD: 256GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: 1200W Corsair HX1200

Gaming Rig:

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270-N Wi-Fi ITX

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Asus Turbo GTX 1070 @ 2GHz

HDD: 3TB Toshiba something or other

SSD: 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2

Case: Shared with Daily - Phanteks Mini XL DS

PSU: Shared with Daily - 1200W Corsair HX1200

Server

CPU: Ryzen7 1700

Motherboard: MSI X370 SLI Plus

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

GPU: Nvidia GT 710

HDD: 1X 10TB Seagate ironwolf NAS Drive.  4X 3TB WD Red NAS Drive.

SSD: Adata 128GB

Case: NZXT Source 210 (white)

PSU: EVGA 650 G2 80Plus Gold

GTX 1080. I have no problem throwing money towards more AMD GPUs, CPUs, or mainboards, especially since I plan to replace the GPU and Mainboard of my current system the nanosecond I have scrap cash for it.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I'd sell the most expencive part I could salvage, and use that money to get my mass storage (HDD) fixed/recovered.

Salvage my 1060. I won't let it go after using the Geforce 9500 GT and GT 630 for so long :(

Well the most expensive part in my rig is the case, so thats what I would save

1060 gb for sure, the fact the hard drivews where al lost would be nice so the fbi/nsa dont get suspicios about a user deleting petabytes of stolen files.

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

Hard to decide between my GPU and my PSU.

That Seasonic has been rock solid.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

But....I wouldn't lose all my data. That's what nas setups are for. 

But I would salvage My ram. Just because I'd want a completely new system. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

GPU, for sure, it's my most expensive part.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

Which computer?

The one I use everyday - probably cpu i5-4570, then I'd rebuild around that.

The spare pc, well not the cpu, probably motherboard.

I wouldn't bother salvaging any of it, I'm just planning to replace it with a new build anyways. (The only thing that will be kept with it is the SSDs)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

so your pc died and you had a choice to salavage one part.  but here is the twist, you cant salvage your hard drives or ssd's.  you dont have any form of backup so you lost all of your storage.  so what part would you salvage?

Its hidden in the middle of the post, so I give you that. Cant read all the jibberish thats posted, right KDub.

Yeah but you cant keep the storage devices @TheKDub

Maybe I'd keep my monitor

Just now, yathis said:

Yeah but you cant keep the storage devices @TheKDub

Maybe I'd keep my monitor

I didn't say I'd keep the SSDs for this thread, I said I wouldn't salvage any of it. The comment I made in parenthesis was related to the new build I'm planning on doing.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Just now, TheKDub said:

I didn't say I'd keep the SSDs for this thread, I said I wouldn't salvage any of it. The comment I made in parenthesis was related to the new build I'm planning on doing.

I'm lost

Could care, yes I could.

CPU cause thats the most expensive part of my current build

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

1 minute ago, yathis said:

I'm lost

Could care, yes I could.

6 minutes ago, TheKDub said:

I wouldn't bother salvaging any of it, I'm just planning to replace it with a new build anyways. (The only thing that will be kept with it is the SSDs)

Also, I doubt peripherals would be included in this, it looks like he was referring to the internal components of the PC, nothing external.

No part in my PC is worth much.. So I'd just save the case, at least that part has some sentimental value.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

Well the oldest is the PSU so that's a relatively easy replacement. However 1150 parts are not that easy to find anymore and I need more ram and this mobo only has 2 DIMM slots so if anything other than the PSU or GPU fails I would basically buy a full system.

-------

Current Rig

-------

well...the newest and most expensive part in my build is my RX 480 (I'm poor, don't hate)...so I would prefer to save that.  The rest is an ebay frankenstein build and easily replaced.