Fastest INTEL and AMD CONSUMER grade CPUS?

Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,
8 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

8C/16T CPUs are enthusiast CPUs IMO....

AMD is very much marketing them as consumer chips though, so that's what counts if you ask me. Intel's enthusiast chips, however, are quite clearly separated from the consumer chips and are on a different platform. 

5 minutes ago, LuisCorner said:

I was looking for multiple core performance sorry for the vage term.

I assume you mean multi-threaded, so applications like rendering and encoding, or just multitasking in general. 

In that case, for Intel: 

5775C

AMD: 

1800X

1700X

What are the 3 fastest CONSUMER GRADE CPUS from intel to date(march 2017)?

And what are the 3 fastest CONSUMER GRADE AMD CPUS to date(march 2017)?

Help very much apreciated.

consumer?

wat

6950x and 1800x afaik

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

1 minute ago, Dutch-stoner said:

Stupid question, stupid topic, why did you ask this question.

I dont think the 5960x and the fx 9590 are the fastest from each company 

thanks for your help.

All of the 3 new AMD cpu's are for consumers. Not sure where you are going with the FX series...

10 minutes ago, LuisCorner said:

i7-7700K

10 minutes ago, LuisCorner said:

Ryzen 7 1700(I still consider it enthusiast grade though.....)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

8 minutes ago, LuisCorner said:

Help very much apreciated.

What do you mean by fastest???  Highest Clock Speed? Most IPC? Best Multi-Thread Perf? Best Single Thread Perf? Specific Task?  Seems like a good way to start yet another Intel vs AMD thread... 

Just now, Dutch-stoner said:

All of the 3 new AMD cpu's are for consumers. Not sure where you are going with the FX series...

thats why i made this post. Googling it shows the fx series as the fastest amd cpus

Just now, Dutch-stoner said:

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 minute ago, WMGroomAK said:

What do you mean by fastest???  Highest Clock Speed? Most IPC? Best Multi-Thread Perf? Best Single Thread Perf? Specific Task?  Seems like a good way to start yet another Intel vs AMD thread... 

Overall performance cinebench scores, a little bit of clock speed and a little bit single core performance i.e 6950x (if its considered as a consumer grade cpu)

This isn't as simple to answer as you might think. "Fastest" is kind of a vague term, as it doesn't specify whether you mean just clockspeed, or whether you mean the best performance from a single thread, or from multiple threads. 

Just now, Oshino Shinobu said:

This isn't as simple to answer as you might think. "Fastest" is kind of a vague term, as it doesn't specify whether you mean just clockspeed, or whether you mean the best performance from a single thread, or from multiple threads. 

1 minute ago, LuisCorner said:

For multicore performance:

• Intel => 6950X
  • AMD => 1800X

8 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

AMD is very much marketing them as consumer chips though, so that's what counts if you ask me. Intel's enthusiast chips, however, are quite clearly separated from the consumer chips and are on a different platform. 

5 minutes ago, LuisCorner said:

I assume you mean multi-threaded, so applications like rendering and encoding, or just multitasking in general. 

In that case, for Intel: 

5775C

AMD: 

1800X

1700X

3 minutes ago, LuisCorner said:

thats why i made this post. Googling it shows the fx series as the fastest amd cpus

Then you didn't look at the post dates.

1800x, 1700x, 1700. 1st to 3rd.

They are consumer grade. They are great for (hobby) content creators AND streamers. So not really enthausiasts grade. Considering the price, they are consumer grade. They also use AM4 motherboards, without many bells and whisles, so again: consumer grade.

Also, AMD thinks 8 cores is the future. (and I agree) Just as AMD lead the way to duo cores. (correct me if I am wrong, but AMD was the first with a 2 cores CPU at a fair price?)

7 minutes ago, LuisCorner said:

If you are just looking Multi-Core Perf in Cinebench, then it would be 6950X, 5960X and 6900k for Intel (Consumer HEDT) and any of the R7 lineup for AMD.

4 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Yes, but the average consumer doesn't need 8 Cores and 16 Threads :D

Ryzen CPUs are enthusiast CPUs for consumer prices (to me)

3 minutes ago, WMGroomAK said:

If you are just looking Multi-Core Perf in Cinebench, then it would be 6950X, 5960X and 6900k for Intel (Consumer HEDT) and any of the R7 lineup for AMD.

Those Intel CPUs are all part of Intel's enthusiast platform. Not strictly consumer chips. Kind of nitpicky, but Intel classifies them differently. 

11 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Ryzen CPUs are enthusiast CPUs for consumer prices (to me)

If it's a consumer price, if it's intended for the future, when AMD can push for better multi-core benefits, it will turn into the new standard. And this will happen. The big question is: when will it happen.

Microsoft for example didn't really have to do much, same goes for game developers because most/all 8 core CPU's were from Intel, and were for enthausiasts. Considering the pricepoint of Ryzen, this has changed, and will change even moar in the future. Therefor your point is somewhat invalid, and will become completely invalid in the (very near) future.

1 hour ago, Jorgen297 said:

You're the reason I hate stoners and weed culture.

Fastest consumer Intel: 

i7 7700K

i7 6700K

i7 4790K

Fastest consumer AMD:

Ryzen 1700 is the only worthwhile consumer one. 

(This does not include enthusiast CPUs)

I think the fact that you're so harshly judging stoners and weed culture over some random guy's post about computer CPUs on an Internet forum says more about you than it does him, stoners, or weed culture.

16 hours ago, Dutch-stoner said:

If it's a consumer price, if it's intended for the future, when AMD can push for better multi-core benefits, it will turn into the new standard. 

However, Ryzen's gaming performance won't be fixed if games start using more cores... Ryzen's subpar gaming performance is caused by the high latency between cores in different CCXs...

16 hours ago, Dutch-stoner said:

Therefor your point is somewhat invalid, and will become completely invalid in the (very near) future.

Read my post.... I said that 8 Core CPUs are enthusiast grade TO ME