Quietening fans/Blade-less fans?

I've been thinking about fans and some of the tech we have to make quieter fans and I came up with 2 options that I would appreciate same opinions on from someone with more experience/expertise.

The first idea was a fan technology that made really quiet fans by making the edges of the blades jagged, like an owl's wing as it was said was the inspiration. Each blade had triangular cuts into the front and back edges, and the experiment I saw showed that it seemed to be very quiet.

The second idea is a blade-less fan. Surely if there are no blades then they aren't going to make much noise? - of if it does make noise, surely it would be quieter?

Anyway, those were just simple ideas that intrigued me a bit, but I'd like to know why they might/might not work.

Thanks for any help.

how is a fan supposed to move air without blades? 

AMD FX 6300 @ 4.6 Ghz CRYORIG H7 Asus M5A97 PLUS | HyperX Fury 8 GB DDR3 | PNY CS1311 120gb SSD WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM EVGA GeForce GTX 950 Superclocked NZXT Source 210 Black EVGA 500B Logitech G Pro HP K3500 Wireless Keyboard |

Just now, PigWithAMustache said:

how is a fan supposed to move air without blades? 

Dyson airblade?

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

5 minutes ago, Dutch-stoner said:

still uses blades. BUT it uses a principal of savaging air which increases the CFM of the fan by PULLING air from two sources.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

then why don't they make the bladeless fan with the pump that can go somewhere where a reservoir would go.

linus sex tips

1 minute ago, wii8cookies said:

then why don't they make the blameless fan with the pump that can go somewhere where a reservoir would go.

the amount of static pressure required is quite high, and to do that you need a super skookum rotor that is really screamin out the rippums.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

We already have owl company making fans, which *winkwink* are both quiet and look like owls. When components get cooled passively more, then we have quiet cooling for real.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv