Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zMeul

FMA3 bug discovered in (Ry)Zen

22 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

its almost like they are selling a 1k cpu for 329 usd or 500 usd for 1800x right?

It has half the PCIe lanes, and half the memory channels. It is half the platform, so it makes sense that it is half the price.

The 1800X makes a good dedicated render box, but cannot compare with Intels HEDT platform for many use cases.

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

liked Skyrim better and like Zelda better than both, you really can't play witcher 3 on handheld also the story was meh for me. graphic is nice but not everything in a game.  

:0
Well I suppose every one does have their specific tastes hahah I'm the full contrary, I would put The Witcher above Skyrim any day.

I suppose this latest Zelda is great indeed but I have the same issue with Playsation and TLoU/RDR2 , not worth buying a console just for 1 or 2 games...

I still haven't given up hopes FFXV will be ported to PC, that one I really wanna give a go.

Workstation Rig:
CPU:  Intel Core i9 9900K @5.0ghz  |~| Cooling: beQuiet! Dark Rock 4 |~|  MOBO: Asus Z390M ROG Maximus XI GENE |~| RAM: 32gb 3333mhz CL15 G.Skill Trident Z RGB |~| GPU: nVidia TITAN V  |~| PSU: beQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 80Plus Platinum  |~| Boot: Intel 660p 2TB NVMe |~| Storage: 2X4TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Iron Wolf + 2X2TB SSD SanDisk Ultra |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display: Acer Predator X34 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Personal Use Rig:
CPU: Intel Core i9 9900 @4.75ghz |~| Cooling: beQuiet! Shadow Rock Slim |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z390M Gaming mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3400mhzCL15 Viper Steel |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition RTX 2080 Ti |~| PSU: beQuiet! Straight Power 11 80Plus Gold  |~|  Boot:  Intel 660p 2TB NVMe |~| Storage: 2x2TB SanDisk SSD Ultra 3D |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display: Viotek GN34CB 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

HTPC / "Console of the house":

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700 @4.45ghz |~| Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212X |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M D3H mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition GTX 1080 Ti |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

A thread full of shit and one snide comment 

Maybe we should get that one from the amd reddit to pit against our boy

100 bucks for the home team

Sys 1

• CPU: R7 1700 || MOBO: Asrock X370 Taichi || RAM: G.Skil TridentZ RGB 16GB || GPU: Msi GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G Golden Edition r9 280x r9 390x  || CASE: NZXT Phantom 410 || WD Blue M.2 + Samsung 850 Evo + Adata SP900 + Seagate HDD || PSU: SuperFlower Leadex 2 650W || Cooling: AMD Spire 

Sys 2

• CPU: i5 4670K || MOBO: Msi Z87-G43  || RAM: Avexir Core 16GB|| GPU: PowerColor TuboDuo r7 265  || CASE: Deepcool Tesseract W || Crucial M500 240gb SSD + 1TB HDD|| PSU: SuperFlower Golden Green HX 600W || Cooling: Intel Generic

(Don't get a PSU in tier 6)

10 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

:0
Well I suppose every one does have their specific tastes hahah I'm the full contrary, I would put The Witcher above Skyrim any day.

I suppose this latest Zelda is great indeed but I have the same issue with Playsation and TLoU/RDR2 , not worth buying a console just for 1 or 2 games...

I still haven't given up hopes FFXV will be ported to PC, that one I really wanna give a go.

we all have preferences, witcher 3 is too much work for me personally too linear. i really love the mod community but truth to be told i haven't touched either game in a long time. even my parents who doesn't like to game liked the new Zelda game and currently playing it, for me its worth buying because most of my friends, family have bought it. 

14 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

A thread full of shit and one snide comment 

Maybe we should get that one from the amd reddit to pit against our boy

100 bucks for the home team

I think I might be responsible for the "one snide comment."  Whoops... :$

I have a G7 and it's DELLicious!!!

| #HuaweiSucks | #MacsAreGoodComputersToo |

Meet Hex, my hexacore laptop!

i7-8750H  (6c/12t)
GTX 1060 Max-Q 6GB

16GB DDR4-2666

256GB Toshiba M.2 SATA (boot)

1TB 860 EVO SATA III (storage)

1080p IPS 60Hz display

also in use...

Logitech G603 wireless gaming mouse

Corsair HS70 wireless gaming headset

Other tech: Product(RED) Apple iPhone XR 256GB, Logitech G203 Prodigy, Cooler Master Devastator II (just the keyboard), Sennheiser HD4.40BT, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra

9 minutes ago, techstorm970 said:

I think I might be responsible for the "one snide comment."  Whoops... :$

You're right, this is all your fault. Go sit in the corner and think about what you've done.

That'll teach you to try to derail a shitfest thread.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 hour ago, zMeul said:

as I said, google it! I'm not posting links to that shit

Just put the name of the relevant video-that'll calm them (and get the names with adblock enabled).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

2 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

not bad as you might think, bugs happens to new platforms, hope optimizations and bugs gets streamed out 

this guy has been crushed by the whole tech comunity since his latest videos it's alright you can stop linking that trash now his biaised opinions are now worthless.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 5.0ghz - 1.3v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X Trio 2ghz OC  RAM: 16GB T-Force Delta RGB 3000mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Rift S

Read: My opinions on VR in it's current state, should YOU buy into it?

2 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

this guy has been crushed by the whole tech comunity since his latest videos it's alright you can stop linking that trash now his biaised opinions are now worthless.

which tech community, can you please provide links. 

4 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

I'd like to see the links too. I consider myself part of the tech community, and I've never heard of the channel before. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

So will this affect the R3 and R5 processors?

4 hours ago, zMeul said:

as far as I can tell, both AVX2 and FMA3 is used by ZFS file system - so, that's kinda' big in Linux world

So hold on, what you're saying is that ZFS wouldn't work on Ryzen? That's rather unfortunate :(

Just to actually add something of substance to this, here is the article on PCPer: https://www.pcper.com/news/Processors/Ryzen-Locking-Certain-FMA3-Workloads

Their looking at this as a potential power delivery issue through the control fabric to the chip.  In closing on this, they have confirmed from AMD:

At posting AMD has confirmed this issue and that a fix will be provided via motherboard firmware update.  More than likely this comes in the form of an updated AGESA protocol.

3 hours ago, DoctorWho1975 said:

So what would you consider reputable?

Well, he has sourced himself for credibility.

self sourcing.JPG

Bloodshed and the Fenris-Wolf:

| CPU:  Ryzen 5 3600(buying a 3900x in August for it) | CPU Cooler:  Dark Rock Pro 4 | Paste:  Kryonaut | Motherboard:  ASRock x470 Taichi | RAM:  G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 48 GB (2 x 16 GB + 2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 | Boot Drives:  Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2-2280+Crucial BX500 120 GB 2.5" SSD | Storage Drives:  Toshiba X300 4 TB 128 MB Cache 3.5" HDD+PNY CS900 240 GB | GPU:  Sapphire Radeon VII 16 GB HBM2 Video Card | Case:  Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB | PSU:  EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply w/CableMod E-Series Cable Kit (Black/Red) | Case Fans:  2 Corsair SP140 49.49 CFM 140 mm Fans | Displays:  AOC U2879VF 28.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz Monitor (Replacing with an LG 4k IPS display for game art)+AOC G2460PQU 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor | Mouse:  Corsair M65 Pro RGB | Keyboard:  Ducky Shine 7 Blackout - MK Exclusive First Release - RGB LED Double Shot PBT Mechanical Keyboard with Silent Red Switches | Mousepad:  Gaya Entertainment Oversized Gaming Mousepad Doom | Audio:  Massdrop x AKG K7XX Audiophile Open-back Headphones+Audio-Technica ATR2500-USB Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone+Kingston HyperX Cloud II 7.1 Channel Headset+iBasso IT01 Dynamic Driver Audiophile In-Ear Monitors/Earbuds (Black)+Pair of Mackie MR624s(came with stands+isolation pads) | OSes:  Windows 10 Pro+openSUSE Tumbleweed |

VashTheStampede(ROG Zephyrus M GU502):

| CPU:  i7-9750h | RAM:  32GB Dual Channel 2666mhz CL 19(Stock+Samsung 16GB DDR4 PC4-21300, 2666MHZ, 260 PIN SODIMM, 1.2V, CL 19 ) | Storage:  1TB SSD with Optane | GPU:  Nvidia RTX 2060 | Display:  144hz 3ms | Mouse:  Corsair M65 Pro |

At this rate anything AMD does even if vastly good will always be ridiculed

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

Well, he has sourced himself for credibility.

self sourcing.JPG

I'm sensing a patrick moment here

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold, awaiting zen2 parts)

2 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

At this rate anything AMD does even if vastly good will always be ridiculed

I'm sensing a patrick moment here

I see more hate on AMD than anything in a lot of posts on here while Intel and Nvidia get love love love.  A lot of the speculation stuff/hype on AMD is from "leaks" that have no real credibility to them.  Then when those leaks are proven wrong AMD gets crap for it.  To be fair, AMD does do a bit of hyping on their end, but it's not as bad as the "leaks".

Bloodshed and the Fenris-Wolf:

| CPU:  Ryzen 5 3600(buying a 3900x in August for it) | CPU Cooler:  Dark Rock Pro 4 | Paste:  Kryonaut | Motherboard:  ASRock x470 Taichi | RAM:  G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 48 GB (2 x 16 GB + 2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 | Boot Drives:  Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2-2280+Crucial BX500 120 GB 2.5" SSD | Storage Drives:  Toshiba X300 4 TB 128 MB Cache 3.5" HDD+PNY CS900 240 GB | GPU:  Sapphire Radeon VII 16 GB HBM2 Video Card | Case:  Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB | PSU:  EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply w/CableMod E-Series Cable Kit (Black/Red) | Case Fans:  2 Corsair SP140 49.49 CFM 140 mm Fans | Displays:  AOC U2879VF 28.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz Monitor (Replacing with an LG 4k IPS display for game art)+AOC G2460PQU 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor | Mouse:  Corsair M65 Pro RGB | Keyboard:  Ducky Shine 7 Blackout - MK Exclusive First Release - RGB LED Double Shot PBT Mechanical Keyboard with Silent Red Switches | Mousepad:  Gaya Entertainment Oversized Gaming Mousepad Doom | Audio:  Massdrop x AKG K7XX Audiophile Open-back Headphones+Audio-Technica ATR2500-USB Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone+Kingston HyperX Cloud II 7.1 Channel Headset+iBasso IT01 Dynamic Driver Audiophile In-Ear Monitors/Earbuds (Black)+Pair of Mackie MR624s(came with stands+isolation pads) | OSes:  Windows 10 Pro+openSUSE Tumbleweed |

VashTheStampede(ROG Zephyrus M GU502):

| CPU:  i7-9750h | RAM:  32GB Dual Channel 2666mhz CL 19(Stock+Samsung 16GB DDR4 PC4-21300, 2666MHZ, 260 PIN SODIMM, 1.2V, CL 19 ) | Storage:  1TB SSD with Optane | GPU:  Nvidia RTX 2060 | Display:  144hz 3ms | Mouse:  Corsair M65 Pro |

23 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I see more hate on AMD than anything in a lot of posts on here while Intel and Nvidia get love love love.  A lot of the speculation stuff/hype on AMD is from "leaks" that have no real credibility to them.  Then when those leaks are proven wrong AMD gets crap for it.  To be fair, AMD does do a bit of hyping on their end, but it's not as bad as the "leaks".

People tend to go full retard with the leaks than AMD's own hype and during this hype phase they raise their expectations to space

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold, awaiting zen2 parts)

2 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Please don't be another he who shall not be named, you're better than that. Link please.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

6 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Please don't be another he who shall not be named, you're better than that. Link please.

Me and you both know that won't happen... Making claims but no evidence to back it.. "Whole tech community" and @MageTank doesn't even know who adored is lol

8 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

Me and you both know that won't happen... Making claims but no evidence to back it.. "Whole tech community" and @MageTank doesn't even know who adored is lol

Adored isn't sophisticated enough, he never discusses anything as deep as memory....And that's basically @MageTanks life ;)

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

35 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

To be fair, I work 11 hour shifts and don't spend a lot of time on Youtube, so me not knowing somebody doesn't mean much. I represent a very niche part of the tech community, but I like to think the part I represent is still very real, lol.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

3 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

3 hours ago, MageTank said:

I'd like to see the links too. I consider myself part of the tech community, and I've never heard of the channel before. 

49 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

i've seen quite a few videos this week refering to this clueless amd fanboy who never test anything on his own and cherry pick computerbase.de biaised benchmarks to prove his crazy claims...here are two of the videos i remember where his case was discussed...lot of it happening on twitter as well...tech city, tech of tomorrow, bitwit, pauls hardware and hardware unboxed all debunked his silly claims...the clearly is an AMD twit just look at the titles of the videos on his youtube channel...it's just plain funny!

Capture.png

This, watch the whole video:

This watch from 22:00 i think my link will start you there already:

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 5.0ghz - 1.3v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X Trio 2ghz OC  RAM: 16GB T-Force Delta RGB 3000mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Rift S

Read: My opinions on VR in it's current state, should YOU buy into it?

Just now, MageTank said:

To be fair, I work 11 hour shifts and don't spend a lot of time on Youtube, so me not knowing somebody doesn't mean much. I represent a very niche part of the tech community, but I like to think the part I represent is still very real, lol.

11 hours .-. jeez that would send me insane. I can pare stand the 8 and a half hours I work, but I was just saying that because the tech community is quite large and one can not say the whole community

Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

i've seen quite a few videos this week refering to this clueless amd fanboy who never test anything on his own and cherry pick hardware.de biaised benchmarks to prove his crazy claims...here are two of the videos i remember where his case was discussed...lot of it happening on twitter as well...tech city, tech of tomorrow and hardware unboxed all debunked his silly claims...the clearly is an AMD twit just look at the titles of the videos on his youtube channel...it's just plain funny!

Capture.png

Bur Pascal is basically Maxwell with better efficiency and clocks. AFAIK nothing has changed about those two architectures.