FMA3 bug discovered in (Ry)Zen

zMeul
22 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

its almost like they are selling a 1k cpu for 329 usd or 500 usd for 1800x right?

It has half the PCIe lanes, and half the memory channels. It is half the platform, so it makes sense that it is half the price.

The 1800X makes a good dedicated render box, but cannot compare with Intels HEDT platform for many use cases.

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

liked Skyrim better and like Zelda better than both, you really can't play witcher 3 on handheld also the story was meh for me. graphic is nice but not everything in a game.  

:0
Well I suppose every one does have their specific tastes hahah I'm the full contrary, I would put The Witcher above Skyrim any day.

I suppose this latest Zelda is great indeed but I have the same issue with Playsation and TLoU/RDR2 , not worth buying a console just for 1 or 2 games...

I still haven't given up hopes FFXV will be ported to PC, that one I really wanna give a go.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

A thread full of shit and one snide comment 

Maybe we should get that one from the amd reddit to pit against our boy

100 bucks for the home team

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

10 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

:0
Well I suppose every one does have their specific tastes hahah I'm the full contrary, I would put The Witcher above Skyrim any day.

I suppose this latest Zelda is great indeed but I have the same issue with Playsation and TLoU/RDR2 , not worth buying a console just for 1 or 2 games...

I still haven't given up hopes FFXV will be ported to PC, that one I really wanna give a go.

we all have preferences, witcher 3 is too much work for me personally too linear. i really love the mod community but truth to be told i haven't touched either game in a long time. even my parents who doesn't like to game liked the new Zelda game and currently playing it, for me its worth buying because most of my friends, family have bought it. 

14 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

A thread full of shit and one snide comment 

Maybe we should get that one from the amd reddit to pit against our boy

100 bucks for the home team

I think I might be responsible for the "one snide comment."  Whoops... :$

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

9 minutes ago, techstorm970 said:

I think I might be responsible for the "one snide comment."  Whoops... :$

You're right, this is all your fault. Go sit in the corner and think about what you've done.

That'll teach you to try to derail a shitfest thread.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 hour ago, zMeul said:

as I said, google it! I'm not posting links to that shit

Just put the name of the relevant video-that'll calm them (and get the names with adblock enabled).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

2 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

not bad as you might think, bugs happens to new platforms, hope optimizations and bugs gets streamed out 

this guy has been crushed by the whole tech comunity since his latest videos it's alright you can stop linking that trash now his biaised opinions are now worthless.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

2 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

this guy has been crushed by the whole tech comunity since his latest videos it's alright you can stop linking that trash now his biaised opinions are now worthless.

which tech community, can you please provide links. 

4 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

I'd like to see the links too. I consider myself part of the tech community, and I've never heard of the channel before. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

So will this affect the R3 and R5 processors?

4 hours ago, zMeul said:

as far as I can tell, both AVX2 and FMA3 is used by ZFS file system - so, that's kinda' big in Linux world

So hold on, what you're saying is that ZFS wouldn't work on Ryzen? That's rather unfortunate :(

Just to actually add something of substance to this, here is the article on PCPer: https://www.pcper.com/news/Processors/Ryzen-Locking-Certain-FMA3-Workloads

Their looking at this as a potential power delivery issue through the control fabric to the chip.  In closing on this, they have confirmed from AMD:

At posting AMD has confirmed this issue and that a fix will be provided via motherboard firmware update.  More than likely this comes in the form of an updated AGESA protocol.

At this rate anything AMD does even if vastly good will always be ridiculed

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

Well, he has sourced himself for credibility.

self sourcing.JPG

I'm sensing a patrick moment here

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

23 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I see more hate on AMD than anything in a lot of posts on here while Intel and Nvidia get love love love.  A lot of the speculation stuff/hype on AMD is from "leaks" that have no real credibility to them.  Then when those leaks are proven wrong AMD gets crap for it.  To be fair, AMD does do a bit of hyping on their end, but it's not as bad as the "leaks".

People tend to go full retard with the leaks than AMD's own hype and during this hype phase they raise their expectations to space

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

2 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Please don't be another he who shall not be named, you're better than that. Link please.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

6 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Please don't be another he who shall not be named, you're better than that. Link please.

Me and you both know that won't happen... Making claims but no evidence to back it.. "Whole tech community" and @MageTank doesn't even know who adored is lol

8 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

Me and you both know that won't happen... Making claims but no evidence to back it.. "Whole tech community" and @MageTank doesn't even know who adored is lol

Adored isn't sophisticated enough, he never discusses anything as deep as memory....And that's basically @MageTanks life ;)

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

35 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

To be fair, I work 11 hour shifts and don't spend a lot of time on Youtube, so me not knowing somebody doesn't mean much. I represent a very niche part of the tech community, but I like to think the part I represent is still very real, lol.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

3 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

3 hours ago, MageTank said:

I'd like to see the links too. I consider myself part of the tech community, and I've never heard of the channel before. 

49 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

i've seen quite a few videos this week refering to this clueless amd fanboy who never test anything on his own and cherry pick computerbase.de biaised benchmarks to prove his crazy claims...here are two of the videos i remember where his case was discussed...lot of it happening on twitter as well...tech city, tech of tomorrow, bitwit, pauls hardware and hardware unboxed all debunked his silly claims...the clearly is an AMD twit just look at the titles of the videos on his youtube channel...it's just plain funny!

Capture.png

This, watch the whole video:

This watch from 22:00 i think my link will start you there already:

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Just now, MageTank said:

To be fair, I work 11 hour shifts and don't spend a lot of time on Youtube, so me not knowing somebody doesn't mean much. I represent a very niche part of the tech community, but I like to think the part I represent is still very real, lol.

11 hours .-. jeez that would send me insane. I can pare stand the 8 and a half hours I work, but I was just saying that because the tech community is quite large and one can not say the whole community

Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

i've seen quite a few videos this week refering to this clueless amd fanboy who never test anything on his own and cherry pick hardware.de biaised benchmarks to prove his crazy claims...here are two of the videos i remember where his case was discussed...lot of it happening on twitter as well...tech city, tech of tomorrow and hardware unboxed all debunked his silly claims...the clearly is an AMD twit just look at the titles of the videos on his youtube channel...it's just plain funny!

Capture.png

Bur Pascal is basically Maxwell with better efficiency and clocks. AFAIK nothing has changed about those two architectures.

Just now, XenosTech said:

Bur Pascal is basically Maxwell with better efficiency and clocks. AFAIK nothing has changed about those two architectures.

thank you for not listening to the videos and not looking at the other stuff man, if you're always like that no wonder you believe what this guy has to say :)

Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

thank you for not listening to the videos and not looking at the other stuff man, if you're always like that no wonder you believe what this guy has to say :)

I watched all those vids already... Those few people still don't quantify as "the whole tech community" and steve from hardware unboxed frequents adored channel and adds to the discussion in the comments section over  there from time to time