1. 1. Switch with out dock

• yay
    • nay

Do you think there will be a switch version without the dock and cheaper

Add a poll to the OP.

2 minutes ago, Hunter115 said:

Do you think there will be a switch version without the dock and cheaper

No

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

Add a poll to the OP.

No

how to add a poll

1 minute ago, Hunter115 said:

how to add a poll

Looks like you figured it out :P

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Did you mark your own response as the best answer? :L

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Just now, jeffmeyer5295 said:

Did you mark your own response as the best answer? :L

You can do that... If you want to point something out...

Just now, Hunter115 said:

no i fucked up a little

Just gave me a good giggle xD but my opinion is it's not much like Nintendo to do things like that, they are picky about how their consoles/games are MEANT to be played, and in this case the switch was meant to go with the dock, with the option to play on the big screen and on the go.

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

Just now, jeffmeyer5295 said:

Just gave me a good giggle xD but my opinion is it's not much like Nintendo to do things like that, they are picky about how their consoles/games are MEANT to be played, and in this case the switch was meant to go with the dock, with the option to play on the big screen and on the go.

i like to buy a switch but the dock is useless for me  and to be truth the switch is a little to expensive for me .

I would buy it immediately if it was 240

Just now, Hunter115 said:

i like to buy a switch but the dock is useless for me  and to be truth the switch is a little to expensive for me .

I would buy it immediately if it was 240

I don't think the dock would even shave that much cost, it is a glorified hub+cable management. From what people say it's not even that great of build quality either(not necessarily bad)

2 minutes ago, jeffmeyer5295 said:

I don't think the dock would even shave that much cost, it is a glorified hub+cable management. From what people say it's not even that great of build quality either(not necessarily bad)

i know but it would be nice atleast some price cut without it so i can buy it at some point in it life cycle

No. I don't think so, as this is the whole point, and the console is selling like hot cakes. So, I don't see anything change.

I do see Nintendo release, maybe end of next year, a new Switch revision, and do something like the original Nintendo DS with a "we fixed everything!" model: DS Lite. (longer battery life, brighter screen, better speaker, improved hinge, improved D-pad, thinner and better button placement). Either it will be a new Switch, or a Switch XL (same size unit, but the screen is bigger, but same resolution).

Here is what I expect from it:

• New Tegra chip (but performance while be mildly increased, it will be more for expanding battery life.. which leads to my next point)
  • Improved battery life (either a larger capacity battery, or not, but helped by a more efficient Tegra chip)
  • Glass screen
  • Dock without a front anymore, where you put it a holder, kinda like the WiiU gamepad charging unit
  • USB port at the top
  • Pogo pins at the button (like the Surface keyboard connector, or the charging port of the WiiU gamepad (but more than the 2 found))
  • Improved kick-stand
  • MAYBE, fix the layout of the right joycon, and the the side controller will be still weird to weirder to hold.

Or maybe this is just my wishful thinking