AMD Pinnacle Ridge, next gen Zen (2)

NumLock21

*Entering salt factory, safety gear and hard hat required!*

Speculations shows a leak chart from AMD internal slides, on the next gen cpu called "Pinnacle Ridge". This could be AMD "Zen 2". It features up to 8 Zen cores, for both mobile and desktop.  Desktop gets 95w tdp and ddr4. Also in 2018, 

Raven Ridge get VEGA 11 gpu cores built into the cpu.

AMD-Pinnacle-Ridge-Raven-Ridge.jpg

AMD-Zen2-Pinnacle-Ridge.jpg

And there seems to be some Summit in China.

AMD-Ryzen-and-Vega-China-1000x590.jpg

https://videocardz.com/67362/amd-pinnacle-ridge-to-feature-up-to-8-zen2-cores

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Hopefully with zen2 they don't have the two CCX thing going on and make it so that everything is interconnected.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

2 minutes ago, Spenser1337 said:

Maybe we can see an r3 1300 and rx 470 tier APU

A quad core apu with RX 470 performance would be the ultimate console-killer setup for me.  Put it in a tiny case with a decent cooler, use the space that otherwise would have gone to the GPU to stuff a 2x120 rad inside.  Add an SSD or two.

And that's pretty much it.  1080p60 on high/ultra settings, in a box the size of a modern game console.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

6 minutes ago, Phate.exe said:

A quad core apu with RX 470 performance would be the ultimate console-killer setup for me.  Put it in a tiny case with a decent cooler, use the space that otherwise would have gone to the GPU to stuff a 2x120 rad inside.  Add an SSD or two.

And that's pretty much it.  1080p60 on high/ultra settings, in a box the size of a modern game console.

Yep, I don't know if the tech is there though. Or if that kind of apu could fit into a regular am4 slot

2 minutes ago, PenPoint said:

I'm quite disappointed that Raven Ridge has been postponed.

Well I can't blame amd, nobody bought their other apus lol

the big jump was ryzen. now it will be incremental improvements. So realistically I am hoping that pinnacle ridge CPU next year can deliver 10% better ipc and clock a bit better.

Cue the "Wait for AM4+" spam

1 hour ago, DocSwag said:

Hopefully with zen2 they don't have the two CCX thing going on and make it so that everything is interconnected.

seriously doubt that

• the Pinacle Ridge arch seems to be Zen still
  • AMD said with own moths Zen is on 4y cycle
  • to be released in 2018, means the Pinacle Ridge is already taped out; unless they delay it couple of months I don't see any major changes to it
  • when Ryzen launched, AMD seemed to be unaware of the major issues discovered during reviews

23 minutes ago, zMeul said:

I'm glad AMD sent out their moths to tell us about Zen.

actually 11 vega gpu unit are quite a lot for an igpu, considering that the top end vega has 64 unit and is between gtx 1080-1080ti performance, we are looking at an apu with gtx 1050/rx 460 performance..not bad

1 hour ago, Phate.exe said:

imho if amd would manage to squeeze  a 4-6 core cpu with hyperthreading with a rx 470-480 performance on a single chip and maintain the package under 200 watt ( better if 150) they would make a ton of money, I truly don't get why nobody sell something like that ( i know some smartass will tell me:" you are describing a console")

7 minutes ago, Flavio hc 16 said:

actually 11 vega gpu unit are quite a lot for an igpu, considering that the top end vega has 64 unit and is between gtx 1080-1080ti performance, we are looking at an apu with gtx 1050/rx 460 performance..not bad

imho if amd would manage to squeeze  a 4-6 core cpu with hyperthreading with a rx 470-480 performance on a single chip and maintain the package under 200 watt ( better if 150) they would make a ton of money, I truly don't get why nobody sell something like that ( i know some smartass will tell me:" you are describing a console")

i think the tech is not there

Just now, Hunter115 said:

i think the tech is not there

why not? ps4 pro has 2 rx 460 in crossfire in it plus a low power 8 core bulldozer cpu with a power consumption of 150w , why the cannot do that for new tech and sell the to normal people

Just now, Flavio hc 16 said:

why not? ps4 pro has 2 rx 460 in crossfire in it plus a low power 8 core bulldozer cpu with a power consumption of 150w , why the cannot do that for new tech and sell the to normal people

they aren t rx 460

1 minute ago, Flavio hc 16 said:

and i don t think you  could put a rx 470 and a zen in a am4 socket size package

Since im waiting for a bombastic ITX board, I'll likley be getting a pinnicle ridge cpu

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

8 minutes ago, Flavio hc 16 said:

Certain the PS4 Pro is a cut down RX 480

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

2 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Certain the PS4 Pro is a cut down RX 480

yep, i was wrong, is a way underclocked rx 480, still i have my point about doing a strong cpu+gpu combo

1 hour ago, zMeul said:

seriously doubt that

• the Pinacle Ridge arch seems to be Zen still
  • to be released in 2018, means the Pinacle Ridge is already taped out; unless they delay it couple of months I don't see any major changes to it
  • when Ryzen launched, AMD seemed to be unaware of the major issues discovered during reviews

1) I agree that it seems like Pinacle Ridge will be running Zen[0], they would most likely have changed the naming (to zen+ or whatever) if that wasn't the case.

2) I think they said 5 year cycle. That doesn't mean that zen[0] will have 4 year, but that the zen-family ( zen[0], zen[1]/+, zen[2]/++ ) will have a 4/5 year cycle.

3) Not necessarily. It could be last quarter of 2018 that they are aiming for. They could still be validating certain IP.

4) Very much doubt it. Just to what extend it had, and how much of an issue so many people make out of it.

Please avoid feeding the argumentative narcissistic academic monkey.

"the last 20 percent – going from demo to production-worthy algorithm – is both hard and is time-consuming. The last 20 percent is what separates the men from the boys" - Mobileye CEO

2 hours ago, Sauron said:

To the days of cat snapped up!

Must be google translate. 99% of the time, anything from a chinese site, translated by google, will have the word dragon in it. :P

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list