RMA'ing tech, quick question

OnionRings

The instructions say bare product no box, wrap in bubble wrap, I don't own any, I wrapped in in newspaper, will they be angery at me? Also they didn't give a shipping label, do I just write the RMA # and address on the box?

Please Quote me when replying.
CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

You're going to have to pony up around $20 to send something in.

It may get rejected. $13 box+shipping and some real bubble wrap for around $4 at USPS.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

They usually give a label. You pay for shipping and packaging 

Main Gaming and Streaming PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Vinsinity/saved/TjwVnQ

Ultrabook and College Laptop:

Spoiler

XPS 13 9350:

i5-6200U

8GB RAM

Samsung PM951 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive

Workstation Laptop:

Spoiler

Sager NP8672 (P670SG):

i7-4720HQ

32GB (4 x 8GB) CORSAIR Vengeance Performance

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Boot Drive)

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Video Drive)

Crucial MX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Secondary SDD Storage)

Western Digital (Blue or Black) 1TB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Storage Drive)

GeForce GTX 980M 4G

I would use box. Newspaper is fine, but don't just wrap with it. Make loose balls from it and lay them all around the piece.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

just bring it to the carrier and pay them to package it for you if you don't bubble wrap or buy a roll of it from them.

I once sent a motherboard back (socket 775 thing) they asked for a plain box which I bought from a stationary store,  I padded the motherboard box inside the plain box with the Daily Sport.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

Oh god of course I put it in a box lmao I just meant to wrap the card to keep it safe... anyway when I got to fedex store the guy charged me 3.99 to wrap it in bubblewrap and stuff the sides with paper to keep it from moving, and I paid like 10$ for 250$ insurance which is annoying but hey as long as it gets there safe and I get a new one. Paid 25$ in total. Better then 250 for a new card.

CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

shipping seems rather expensive in the US. I was kinda surprised that there isn't an insurance in shipping included and then a whopping $10 bucks is rather expensive.

Here in Germany the regular shipping for 5 € (packet size) includes 500 € insurance. Ok, but you do not get the service of bubble wrap here as far as I am aware.

32 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

shipping seems rather expensive in the US. I was kinda surprised that there isn't an insurance in shipping included and then a whopping $10 bucks is rather expensive.

Here in Germany the regular shipping for 5 € (packet size) includes 500 € insurance. Ok, but you do not get the service of bubble wrap here as far as I am aware.

Yea it shocked me too, I was expecting to pay maybe 10-15$ tops, the package with all the wrap and stuff was only 2.6LBs, 2.3 before the wrap, so an extra .3 with all of it. I assume the insurance was the most expensive part as a 3 LB package shouldn't cost 20$ alone.

CPU