Google Pixel mini rant

CharminUltraStrong

I wrote the review on the Pixel in the member section, please bear that in mind before you read the following horror show.

For 3 months I've been living with a faulty Google Pixel, and for 3 months I have been talking with tech support.  They deemed the issue was "unfixable" and advised me to request a return on the device.  Now I've been told the device can't be returned because I have a cracked screen? What the duck?  Best part is, the return is going to cost me "$129" oh but the return to Google is free! Wow, thank you google. Forcing me to shell out $129 dollars on top of a $700 investment to get an issue caused by GOOGLE finally resolved.  Am I crazy? A new kid on the block? Or is this bull shit?

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

I would say they are charging you the $129 to cover the screen so they can resell the phone as refurbished.

Why did you keep the phone for so long if it had a problem?

It's not a race to the bottom.

well it is your own fault you cracked the screen, like its going to cost them money to fix that before they resell it.

On 3/14/2017 at 8:03 AM, 0x1e said:

I would say they are charging you the $129 to cover the screen so they can resell the phone as refurbished.

Why did you keep the phone for so long if it had a problem?

Because I constantly requested a replacement yet I was met with "Oh well, let us finish investigations with the upper tech department!  I'll tell them to hurry up and they should get back to you within 24 to 48 hours"  Well, 2-3 weeks after they do respond to my initial email(upper tech) and they tell me to do things I've already done.  They requested a bug report, which I happily supplied them with yet it took another 2 weeks for them to respond to that.  Then afterwards they say "Hmmm yes, I see you have a rejection error try these steps" Well no shit sherlock, that's exactly what I told you!  After that, I complete their steps(I've done these "steps" multiple times already) and then another 2 or 3 weeks later they respond to me with "Yes this is an issue that google is aware and we're trying to fix it." That was it. No replacement, nothing.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor