New Gaming Headset or Headphones

PB3

I'm looking for a new headset and have a budget of about $150-160. I do currently have a very good desktop mic but I don't have any room for it, but I MIGHT be able to make it work. The list below contains the headsets I'm considering.

• Hyperxcloud Revolver S
  • Steelseries Arctis 5
  • Steelseries Arctis 7

For headphones, I'm thinking either the Audio Technica m40x or the Sennheiser HD 598. 

Please help me. Thanks.

Do not get any "headset" you are much better off getting a headset and microphone separately.  if you want open back - shp9500 ($50) with vmoda boom mic pro ($30). the headphone quality is on par of the 598 and the mic is amazing. i will get alot of hate for this but the audio technica m50x are not worth it, u can get a much better closed back headphone for the price. in addition you might want to considar getting a DAC/AMP so u can get very good audio. (big difference). just dont get  a headset. the durability is much different too.

Ask me anything about this.

6 minutes ago, Lethalmonk said:

Do not get any "headset" you are much better off getting a headset and microphone separately.  if you want open back - shp9500 ($50) with vmoda boom mic pro ($30). the headphone quality is on par of the 598 and the mic is amazing. i will get alot of hate for this but the audio technica m50x are not worth it, u can get a much better closed back headphone for the price. in addition you might want to considar getting a DAC/AMP so u can get very good audio. (big difference). just dont get  a headset. the durability is much different too.

The M50X have a really really flat signal response.So they sound like what they would sound like in the studio.Or in other words they are very accurate.But that usually doesn't give of the best sound compared to the extremely bass boosted V Moda.I would reccomend the g933 or the m50x. Depends on what your doing

My life

2 minutes ago, Himommies said:

The M50X have a really really flat signal response.So they sound like what they would sound like in the studio.Or in other words they are very accurate.But that usually doesn't give of the best sound compared to the extremely bass boosted V Moda.I would reccomend the g933 or the m50x. Depends on what your doing

he is gaming according to the title. m50x has a small soundstage.

12 minutes ago, Lethalmonk said:

I already have a microphone, I don't know if you saw. It's a Blue Yeti.

2 minutes ago, Himommies said:

I don't like the design of the G933 headset, but I'll consider it. What makes it better than the ones I listed?

I have the Philips Fidelio X2 and they are great for gaming with nice bass and huge soundstage. I have paired it with the microphone Vmoda Boom Pro. Although it is a bit more expensive than a complete gaming headset it is much better.

More options are the  Superlux 668 and the  Philips SHP9500, both for a cheaper price

If sound leakage isnt a concern i think you should aim to get some open-back headphones for the larger soundstage.

Browse the recommended gear and check some reviews to find the sound you're looking for.

On 3/14/2017 at 4:06 AM, PB3 said:

For headphones, I'm thinking Sennheiser HD 598. 

There i fixed it for you. Can't go wrong with that one :D

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

On ‎13‎-‎03‎-‎2017 at 10:23 PM, Himommies said:

No they don't, look at the bass boost they got and tell me that it looks "flat" with a straight face. They are not very accurate with that boosted bass and harsh treble, they are detailed, but not accurate. It would be more correct to call the m40x for "flat" than the m50x, but it would still not be correct.

Also what is this BS with headphones without extremely boosted bass not giving the same audio quality or as good sound signature? What the hell are you talking about? That shit makes ZERO sense. A sound signature is very much a personal thing, so claiming that a bass heavy headphone gives the best sound, would very much be wrong. Less bass also doesn't mean worse audio quality, if we used that logic then beats would have some of the best audio quality, while headphones like the HD600 would have bad audio quality.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.