Liquid cooling on founder edition

razor007

Hi..i was wondering abt to do liquid cooling on my msi gtx 1080 founder edition..so which things do i need to buy?

2nd 

would I be voiding the warranty for my graphics card?I'm asking, because one of the screws has a warranty sticker and it is msi product

20160604_163545.jpg

20160604_163415.jpg

You would void warranty.

You would need fittings, backplates and the actual cooling block to water cool it. You would need things like a reservoir and tubing

Hello

You would need a waterblock for the card, a pump, a reservoir, coolant, tubing, a radiator(s) and fittings (and a CPU block if cooling CPU too). Or you need a compatible AIO mount and AIO cooler. 

Yes, installing watercooling will void the warranty with MSI. There are some brands, like EVGA, who will cover your card under warranty even after watercooling. 

EDIT: Seems like MSI do cover you when changing the cooler, provided you do not damage the card during the process and you keep the original cooler. 

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=174490.0

You can call them and ask the support line, but usually it is a violation of their warranty policy.  I know of people who've used a heat gun and an X-acto blade to remove the stickers, but not an ethical practice.

Just now, TAHIRMIA said:

I would still say it is better to contact MSI directly, just to make sure

I'd agree, but I know more companies are being lenient with it, especially with the FE because you're not pulling of "their" cooler.

12 minutes ago, razor007 said:

Hi..i was wondering abt to do liquid cooling on my msi gtx 1080 founder edition..so which things do i need to buy?

2nd 

would I be voiding the warranty for my graphics card?I'm asking, because one of the screws has a warranty sticker and it is msi product

20160604_163545.jpg

20160604_163415.jpg

It's allowed, but don't expect anything when damaging the card when you do the installation.

I NEEDED WINDOWS 10 64-BIT SO BADLYxD

The awesome build

Ram: DDR400 2.5 GB   GPU: It's big, that's all I know   Case: A red box   Motherboard: My mother hates me   HDD: I don't have one, I threw it against the wall and it broke, so it is a softdrive   CPU: Intel Pentium 3, Quake get's rekt   OS: Microshaft Winblows XP

Here comes a beast of a laptop, the TravelMate 5742, it's so bad (get the reference )

Ram : 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM  (1066Mhz)     CPU :  Intel Core i5 480M / 2.66 GHz (It turbo's up to 2.93 GHz)     GPU :  Intel HD Graphics     HDD : 500GB (5400 rpm) OS : Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (Build 1607)

1 minute ago, Evanair said:

I'd agree, but I know more companies are being lenient with it, especially with the FE because you're not pulling of "their" cooler.

After having a look at MSI's warranty for the card, it is somewhat vague in some places. Definitely would advise @razor007 to email MSI support and get a confirmation of warranty coverage in writing. 

https://www.msi.com/page/warranty/#w-vga

Another reason not to buy msi. Id just do it anyway. Cant mess it up anyway, just do it.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

MSI does not void the warranty for adding a waterblock.  Most of the board partners don't.  EVGA is another one that for sure doesn't.  

CPU: Ryzen 1600X @ 4.15ghz  MB: ASUS Crosshair VI Mem: 32GB GSkill TridenZ 3200
GPU: 1080 FTW PSU: EVGA SuperNova 1000P2 / EVGA SuperNova 750P2  SSD: 512GB Samsung 950 PRO
HD: 2 x 1TB WD Black in RAID 0  Cooling: Custom cooling loop on CPU and GPU  OS: Windows 10

14 hours ago, TAHIRMIA said:

You would void warranty.

You would need fittings, backplates and the actual cooling block to water cool it. You would need things like a reservoir and tubing

I am taking abt aio not water block...i msg to msi let see what they say..if they would say yes u can install without trouble..so which aio do i need to install?

10 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

Another reason not to buy msi. Id just do it anyway. Cant mess it up anyway, just do it.

lol i was thinking abt that just do it...first need to buy parts to install

14 hours ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

You would need a waterblock for the card, a pump, a reservoir, coolant, tubing, a radiator(s) and fittings (and a CPU block if cooling CPU too). Or you need a compatible AIO mount and AIO cooler. 

Yes, installing watercooling will void the warranty with MSI. There are some brands, like EVGA, who will cover your card under warranty even after watercooling. 

EDIT: Seems like MSI do cover you when changing the cooler, provided you do not damage the card during the process and you keep the original cooler. 

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=174490.0

Aio cooling not water block need extra brain n hard time to do water cooling ...managing the tube is a toughest thing bro ...end of the day take care .keep ur eyes on whether leaking or something is going to pop out lol

8 hours ago, razor007 said:

I am taking abt aio not water block...i msg to msi let see what they say..if they would say yes u can install without trouble..so which aio do i need to install?

Then all you need to buy is a AIO that is compatible with MSI GPU's

Hello